• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclawbob from Cooke city

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8. I was able to get out and ride yesterday. It was a great ride and lots of fresh snow. I found area's that had NO tracks. The snowman isn't calling for snow until the end of next week.
Today it was zero and the temps will go up to the high 30's to lower 40's.
AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: The lower snowpack is generally stable in the mountains around Cooke City and slightly cooler temperatures has kept wet snow from being much of an issue so far. Yesterday, Alex found minimal avalanche hazard north of town and identified wet loose avalanches involving this week’s new snow as the primary concern as temperatures continue to rise. Watch for pinwheels and rollerballs as signs that loose wet avalanches are imminent.
The danger is rated LOW

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Cooke city. The snowman is showing some snow moving in on Tuesday and Wednesday. Let see what we get. Sounds like Southern Wyoming is picking up some snow.
AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, be on the lookout for small wind slabs formed by recent moderate east wind, and loose snow slides and cornice falls as temperatures warm above freezing. Today, isolated hazards exist, and the avalanche danger is rated LOW.
We've lowered prices at the Super 8, much lower then the Snowest discount. Come stay with us.
I've closed the rentals down. More damages then it's worth. I hate to see renters go out and wreck sleds, when I know they will. Then they have to pay for the damages. I'm trying to look out for them.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Still open Bob? Looks like 6-12" up high 2nite and tmrw?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Cooke city, it's a very snowy day. The winds are gusting up to 60 mph. The snowman is showing we could get up to 6 inches by tonight. At this time we are having a blizzard.
?

AVALANCHE CONDITION: Today, on wind-loaded slopes human triggered avalanches are likely and avalanche danger is CONSIDERABLE. On non-wind loaded slopes avalanche danger is MODERATE.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Good morning to everyone. I thought I'd put up a post to let everyone know that Terri and I are alive. We are getting things together to open in the near future.
The snowman hasn't been good, so we really need to start the snow dance right now. We have about 17 inches on the mountain and a couple in town.
I'll keep you informed of the snow and other things as time goes by. It's good to be back.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8.
The snowman is showing a chance of snow for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Then we have a chance on Friday.
Keep up the snow dance, we might get snow by the end of the month. The snowtel is showing 18 inches of snow on LuLu. UGGG
Starting to bring in parts. Again we'll carry a-arms for Polaris, Skidoo and Arctic cat and a lot more parts in stock.
We are carrying the New Ortovox avalanche beacons, model Diract Voice. Worlds first beacon with voice navigation.
We fill most avy bottles, along with new packs, probes and shovels.
New helmets at low, low prices.
Stop in and see us and and have a great breakfast.
If your looking for rooms, stay at the Super 8 and don't forget to mention the SNOWEST discount at time of reservation. Saves you a few dollars.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening from Cooke city. The snowman gave us about 2 inches overnight until now. The weather is showing warmer temps to come with no snow.
Keep up the snow dance, if you do, we might see snow next week.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

The snowman wasn't at all generous with the snow this last storm. I see by the snowman he doesn't see snow for at least 5 days. Keep up the snow dance. PLEASE

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Bearclaw/bakery and the Super 8
We did pick up about 3 inches over night. It's still lightly snowing. We can see snow for the next 3 days, but looking like about 2-3 inches. We do have snow moving back in Sunday through Wednesday. Keep up the dancing. It's working.

The bakery is going to be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I to will be open those days.
Headed to pick up my last rental sled. I do have lots of parts in stock if you need something.

Picked up NEW radio's. They are made by Scout. I feel that they are better built then the BCA. The price is $140 for a single or you can pick up a pair for $240. They are compatible with the BCA. Stop in and check them out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening from Bearclaw/ Bakery. Looks like we'll be open this weekend. Starting on Friday.
The snowman is giving us more snow tonight. We could see another 2-3 inches of snow by morning. I'll take any thing we can get.
Dance until your feet hurt.
?
It's working.
Got the new 2022 lynx in today. Thats just one of the new rentals on the fleet. Come check it out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The bakery is open today and tomorrow. Come and get it.
MMMMMM

The snowman has starting to show signs of snow coming in. We can see snow today till next Thursday. HURRRY!!
Yesterday we picked up 3 inches and today another inch. The snowtel is showing a base of 30 inches.
Keep up the snow dance.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Afternoon from Bearclaw/Bakery and the Super 8 in Cooke City.
The snowman is started to dump snow on this tiny little town. We can see 5-6 inches by Thursday night. We can see snow every other day until Tuesday. I'm still waiting for the big dump. So keep up the snow dance until your feet fall off. We will see warm temp's today, up to mid 30's.
Again this year, the garage is open to everyone that needs to work on your sled or keep it in a warm garage at night. No charge on tools, I do have a great selection of A-arms in stock. But I hope you don't have to use them.
AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Heightened avalanche conditions exist on wind-loaded slopes. On non-wind-loaded slopes, slab avalanches are unlikely. Watch for signs of decreasing stability as today’s snow adds up. The danger is rated MODERATE on wind-loaded slopes and LOW on all others.

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8.
The snowman is showing a chance of snow for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Then we have a chance on Friday.
Keep up the snow dance, we might get snow by the end of the month. The snowtel is showing 18 inches of snow on LuLu. UGGG
Starting to bring in parts. Again we'll carry a-arms for Polaris, Skidoo and Arctic cat and a lot more parts in stock.
We are carrying the New Ortovox avalanche beacons, model Diract Voice. Worlds first beacon with voice navigation.
We fill most avy bottles, along with new packs, probes and shovels.
New helmets at low, low prices.
Stop in and see us and and have a great breakfast.
If your looking for rooms, stay at the Super 8 and don't forget to mention the SNOWEST discount at time of reservation. Saves you a few dollars.
Bob, how about starting a new 2021 post and then how about reporting snow conditions every few days on it? LOL? Hope Cooke is getting snow.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Bummer... I can understand it may not be worth the effort to put together a dedicated post for here, but it takes around five seconds to copy and paste. Plus, KGBook needs to die in the quickest and most humiliating way possible, after which it can only continue to provide "social media" in the realm where it belongs: Hell.

Premium Features