• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat is far less represented than Skidoo and Polaris, discussion

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Marketing and make it look different than the 2012 tubby buddy look and NO, purple is not back in style.
Cat is basically dead, coming from someone who loves Cat.
their sxs sucked for a while idk if they’re any good now, but was down in Nevada and 99% of the sxs were CanAm or Poo and can am has that market as well. Think I saw 0 Cats and the buggies down there look like sleds in Cooke City. They’re everywhere. That said, I’m not as impressionable as some w marketing and would buy a newer cat for the right price.

C
Nov 19, 2009
Don't forget about the exploding clutches that they havnt updated at all. Nobody should get a cat until they fix that issue. Snow and mud has a big post about it

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I’m a a cat guy, took out mono rail as I was distantly considering one. Did 100 km , cracked the rail, wasn’t even riding hard. Who could take that machine into backcountry without worries, clutches, airbox , track to list a few. It’s not reliable.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I tried the Alpha last year, is a fun sled and was a good deal for snowcheck, but honestly with the amoubt of money i put into it to get it on par with polaris made it equal, id say the only thing the alpha has on my new khaos is the track, the alpha track is far superior

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Why did everyone bail on cat after 2012’s fiasco. What about Polaris’s 900 fiasco, or their 800 engines fiasco for so many years. Or their glue joints failing, or their weak a-arms, or their never ending electrical connection problems? What about Ski Doo’s hot belt burning clutch fiasco a couple years ago? Seems like it doesn’t matter what pigs those two companies turn out, they’re still fine to throw money at? But Arctic Cat came out with their pig in 2012 but we will never forget!

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i agree, many poo's have been ridden out on one ski or towed in with tps sensor problems, or seen a few seize up a mile down the trail. None are perfect but with the 12 cats at least they were running while they were trenching.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Why did everyone bail on cat after 2012’s fiasco. What about Polaris’s 900 fiasco, or their 800 engines fiasco for so many years. Or their glue joints failing, or their weak a-arms, or their never ending electrical connection problems? What about Ski Doo’s hot belt burning clutch fiasco a couple years ago? Seems like it doesn’t matter what pigs those two companies turn out, they’re still fine to throw money at? But Arctic Cat came out with their pig in 2012 but we will never forget!
Ive never had any real issue with any of my sleds, 2010 m8 needed a DD bearing, 2014 800 pro rmk was flawless, 2016 prormk need ed a voltage regulator other than that flawless, 2020 alpha was fun, 2021 khaos is alot of fun. I can overcome A-arms pretty easily with aftermarket, but its hard to overcome a ****ty chassis that was the 2012 cat. The polaris marketing killed Cat along with losing Burandt, then Cat was sold and future was unclear, people dont want to support something that may not have a future.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
"flickable"

J
Nov 28, 2020
I’m not up to date on riding the newest mountain sleds. I ride a 11 m8 that I love. But most buyers don’t need a tricked out mountain sled. Cat doesn’t even make a wide track anymore. Where I live the Skandic swt 900 ace is top dog. Can’t beat a 24” wide track and those motors have been easily cracking 30,000kms here. Cat doesn’t even have a 20” utility sled anymore. doo gas several 20” and wider. Brother just got a 20” wide Polaris titan that is really nice. Gauge package had he drooling with the gps option.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
2019 alpha with silber turbo 1700 miles, the only thing that is replaced is the primary clutch. Absolutely love the ascender chassis, the alpha track pulls like none other. Belts last forever & clutches don’t get hot, but they do blow up... cat fixes this would be great. Mono rails will be on alot of mountain sleds in the future imho..

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I’m not up to date on riding the newest mountain sleds. I ride a 11 m8 that I love. But most buyers don’t need a tricked out mountain sled. Cat doesn’t even make a wide track anymore. Where I live the Skandic swt 900 ace is top dog. Can’t beat a 24” wide track and those motors have been easily cracking 30,000kms here. Cat doesn’t even have a 20” utility sled anymore. doo gas several 20” and wider. Brother just got a 20” wide Polaris titan that is really nice. Gauge package had he drooling with the gps option.
While people may not "need" a "tricked out" mountain sled, newer sleds are far easier to ride, you are far less worn out, and you can go far more places. Making riding far more enjoyable

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
While people may not "need" a "tricked out" mountain sled, newer sleds are far easier to ride, you are far less worn out, and you can go far more places. Making riding far more enjoyable

totally agree. always hear people saying you dont need the new stuff or my 12yr old sled will go the same places etc etc. sure it might go the same places but how tired/sore are you after? how much have to paid to keep something of that age running 100%?

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
I’m a a cat guy, took out mono rail as I was distantly considering one. Did 100 km , cracked the rail, wasn’t even riding hard. Who could take that machine into backcountry without worries, clutches, airbox , track to list a few. It’s not reliable.
ya, that is all rambling. You broke a rail. Hmmmm, you hit something, full stop. Rails are just breaking left and right. Track? Its the best of the 3. Have you seen what was left of the doo tracks on the 17's and 18's? Lugs everywhere.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
4 articles on cat currently on the SW frontpage also. 1 doo, no poo.
some people need to get outside their weekend warrior riding group once in a while.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
ya, that is all rambling. You broke a rail. Hmmmm, you hit something, full stop. Rails are just breaking left and right. Track? Its the best of the 3. Have you seen what was left of the doo tracks on the 17's and 18's? Lugs everywhere.
Call it rambling if you like. Cracked rail with 180 miles total on sled. That’s awesome. If a person hits something or lands jacked different story. Ya the track works great in the deep. I’d rather shoot lugs off any day vs the other problems that haven’t been addressed. Here is hoping for small but necessary changes in 2022.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
4 articles on cat currently on the SW frontpage also. 1 doo, no poo.
some people need to get outside their weekend warrior riding group once in a while.

What's a better method of judging sled numbers; the amount of times it's mentioned on a magazine cover written by a forum that's popularity has diminished since facebook groups have emerged. Or on snow observations at some of the biggest snow parks in Washington and Southwest Montana.

I don't get what your deal is bud, I just want to hear what people think about cat's products and marketing. Every reply you leave contains passive-aggressive comments

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^Did i leave a bad taste in your mouth bud, Im sorry. Just disagree is all. i ride with a pretty even spread throught the year. I try to ride with different groups and different areas too. sorry if my findings are passive-aggressive to you but im gonna share too.

Premium Features