• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have surgery in the off season ??

but in 2011 and i was on a ATV by the end of the next month and rode all winter .

Which one did you break? Have the same setup in my back. Shattered T-12 at the end of April. Was flown off the mountain and riding again in Oct.

Total knee replacement June 2nd, healed up from that and now I've got a torn rotator cuff.

Gus

Tore my PCL in my knee. Had PCL reconstruction surgery on November 17th. Will be able to walk on that leg on December 28th and plan on going on our annual ride the 2nd week in February. Lets hope for a speedy recovery. Good thing is we still have green grass outside.

Surgeries.....

Went in because I needed a stent. Woke up they said gonna do a quadruple bypass. Dr. was tired by next day , so 1 more day. They had to find the special Dr. with very small hands to repair aorta BACKSIDE. 12 stitches. All said and done, a 8:45minute op. I was conscious about 75% of op. Repeated everything they said during op, wife could not believe it. Quadruple bypass with an aorta repair. Got out of hospital at end of 4 days Next year, had a stroke in eye. Two major ops and went blind in rt. eye. Before , developed macular degeneration in same eye fortunately. Ohh I forgot the c3,c4,c5 rupture disc clean up. 3 kidney stone ops due to medication I was taking. 3 years ago and now I'm going strong for a 72 yr. old. Been riding a xr400 ,xr600, ST1100, Gold wing. A few Cessna's

Broken wrist Dec 17th, surgery with 9 screws and a plate on the 18th! It will be 5 weeks tomorrow with first ride back planned for Sat. It will be an easy ride as it still is sore, anyone on here have any wrist recovery times? Im thinking a few more weeks till im near 100%

I broke my wrist at 16. After six weeks the cast came off. The next day I was back on my dirt bike, back in the cast again for another six weeks by the end of the day :face-icon-small-ton I bet, now at 47, I would have to take ten weeks off for a wrist now. Bruised ribs have taken me out for three weeks already this year.

As for carpal tunnel surgery, best money I have spent. Went from not being able to hold a coffee cup to riding in eight weeks.

To the flesh elbow dude...how did you get that???? TO OP.....DUDE carpal tunnel surgery is nothing as you see after your healed hardly even surgery!!!

FYI they dont repair meniscus tears they just clean them up and cut out the bad stuff and you are a prime candidate for knee replacement....any bone surgery is the worse....4 shoulder surgeries 2 knee surgery's...too many casts to list!!! stay safe and healthy men choose wisely....

Flesh Elbow Dude again...

I ended up with Strep A, same bacteria that causes strep throat. Since it is a person-to-person contact for transmitting the crud I narrowed it down to a trip to Target on a Saturday with the family. I had been out in the woods by myself all week prior and saw no one. There was a lot of coughing and hacking going on in the store while I was there. I had a Bronco part transaction in the parking lot when we left the store and I forgot to use the hand sanitizer once I got in the car. Can't say for sure if that would have cleaned up any germs I might have had on my hands but likely the case.

ACL and Meniscus repair

Blew out my knee in McCall last Feb. Had surgery in April. Tore ACL completely off the femur and ripped both meniscus in my left knee. Had to shave off a bit of my hamstring to rebuild my ACL. Supposed to be a one-year recovery to be at 100% but it feels good for now.

ACL Recon

In June of 2014 I torn 90% of my ACL playing soccer. Waiting time for surgery was about 8-10 months (ended up being 10) and finally got surgery this past April 29 2015. I was able to walk and due to having strong surrounding muscles and ligaments I was able to brace up and put on 600 miles last year with my ACL torn. Only a couple minor tweaks so I considered my self lucky not to miss an entire season of riding. ACL's are supposed to be a full year recovery, however I was well ahead of the curve all throughout my rehab (still ongoing). When November rolled around this year I was 7 months post op and told by my doctor sledding was too dangerous...decided to anyways and put in 4 trips, 9 days riding and 400 miles by the new year. I was told the entire time if I ever to be able to ride again worry free I would have to put in the hard work for a year straight. Past 9 months I've been going 6-7 days a week with exercises, workouts, running and physio. If I hadn't since day one I wouldn't have been in the position to ride as early as I did.

I thought I had it rough but I couldn't help but cringe reading through some of the previous posts. Heres to strong recoveries for everyone to be able to get back out and enjoy the sport we all love. Cheers

Yup ......

Calcaneal Osteotomy here. Basically had the back section of my heal cut completely off and then reattached at a different angle.

Sucks getting old .......

77535dd0907c45b981490f09d7c7e275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torn retina surgery in March, ruptured disc surgery in September , getting old kinda sucks.
should be able to ride in January ??

Wife had a She shed accident, broken shoulder, arm with 18 screws, and 8 broken ribs in August, surgery in September, physical therapy and excercise now, she says she will be ready to go when the snow flies, turns 60 in January, rides a 600 pro rmk 155, she amazes me

now I've got a torn rotator cuff.

Gus
I am surprised there aren't more rotator cuff repairs?

Had surgery June 1 for rotator cuff, bicep tear and shave some arthritis. 57 years old
Sure takes a long time to regain motion and strength.
I'll be ready to go this winter. I could ride now, but my back country stamina would be horrible!

didnt have rotator cuff but had all the ligaments tightened in my shoulder and the glenoid socket reshaped or something to that affect. you sure do lose a lot of strength being in a sling for 6 weeks. I had it done in mid march, had to plan around sledding and farming. Never got the motion back but the second surgery is lasting longer than the first.

Premium Features

Back