• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AMDS or TEAM CC

AMDS or Team CC

• Total voters
M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Went to AMDS last night after work, there was one guy in front of me being helped and I stood in line for 15 minutes while every available parts guy was helping the one customer at the counter. Not one of the guys who worked back there looked familiar at all, they all looked new.

Took my list to CC in ER and they helped me out with all of my needs.

J
IMO ....I would have to say cc in the valley, amds had gotten rid of there last good parts guy,when i ask for a part i dont want to see the guy going over and asking his buddys/coworker/employees which part is right for me. justin at the valley store knows his chit. they may not be cheaper, but the costumer service is good. pricing is better on the sleds at cc than amds, i think amds is all about the money now days and not satisfaction. again that is my opinion. good luck.

u turncoat:D wheres my boyesen reeds i want them now its snowing:mad:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Girdwood, Ak
I've heard the owner of cc is a complete A$$wipe, isolated incident or not I don't know? Thats why I made this post.

I have bought my last 2 sleds at CC Eagle River. After my past experiences with AMDS (sleds and boats) the extra drive to CC is worth it. Hal is a good guy and has always treated me well. Last year when dealing with XP issues, Jay in service was great. I plan on getting a bike from them in the spring. Happy customer.

S
They could be better know, but I told myself I would never go back to ER Team CC after an experience I had several years ago.

I bought my MXZ at Compeaus when I was living in Fairbanks and moved back to Anchorage soon afterward. I had some warranty issues that I took to them to fix. It took weeks and they actually told me my sled wasn’t a priority since I didn’t buy it there. When I picked it up, there were bolts missing and the clutches were visibly out of alignment. I had to return it 3 times to finally get it fixed. Each time they became more and more hostile to the point where they actually accused me of sabotaging the machine to make them look bad.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Maybe all the skidoo dealerships are crappy. I know most of my friends rides polaris and say there dealers treat em very well. I can vouch for Anchorage arctic cat as being my favorite dealership. I go in there just to BS and sit on the sleds and pretend like i can afford them. Sit on a sled at AMDS and the try to sell it too you, even though im wearing a Cat jacket haha.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
No, I disagree, brands have nothing to do with it. There are crappy dealers and good dealers with every brand. The key is to find a dealer where you get along, they treat you with respect and go above and beyond to help you out. If you also get a good deal on sleds and parts then you're golden! Once you find a dealer where you establish that relationship, you'd be a fool to switch brands for price alone.

M
Oct 12, 2008
Eagle River, Alaska
It's funny reading these replies and seeing how people have the exact opposite experience that I had. I dealt with ER CC for a couple of years. I will never step in their shop again - Fing Never! Hal has screwed me for the last time. I could turn this into a really long post listing how he hosed me. I had a different experience in the valley when my 02 Summit seized. They took good care of me. I walked into AMDS last week and Tim Parris was my salesman. Took good care of me and knew the sleds. My 09' Renegade is on order! BTW - CC wouldn't even answer my "Request for Quote".

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
I have dealt with all three dealers.

Valley shop is much smaller and justin does know parts, but IMO they are all about how much they can get out of you (sales and service departments).

Eagle River CC's service department is second to none. They get the job done and are not as likely to refuse service or waranty as the Wasilla or AMDS stores are. As far as parts their availability is limited and sometimes on special orders shipping must be paid for by the purchaser.

AMDS is less of a drive for myself and I do occasionally buy from them. I only go there when CC does not have the part I need in stock which is often. If a person is to shop at AMDS make sure you have done your homework. Find the part #s online so you don't have to deal with their confusion and make sure the price is right and not inflated sky high.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
No, I disagree, brands have nothing to do with it. There are crappy dealers and good dealers with every brand. The key is to find a dealer where you get along, they treat you with respect and go above and beyond to help you out. If you also get a good deal on sleds and parts then you're golden! Once you find a dealer where you establish that relationship, you'd be a fool to switch brands for price alone.
Like i said, they ride polaris because the dealers is good. If i bought a new sled i would buy from Cat because they treat me good. Im on a Doo again so i have to deal with these 2 dealers, like it or not. 95% of the time i go to the dealer is to get oil or a oil cap for example, so i pick it up at CC when im heading north, because i do majority of my riding north. Its convenient for me.

Dec 5, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
they all suck but you got to what you got to do, I bought my XP at CC Wasilla and I take for service at AKMD . I had a bad experience buying my boat from AKMD and the service department in the Vally acted like a moron . I asked about the drive shaft issue when I bought it and the service manager told me there was no issue but told me he could weld it for me for a price but my warrenty would be void, so I go to AKMD and get a totally different story. So to me they are al moron but again the sales guy that sold me my sled was a totally different story. So you got to take the good with the bad.:(:mad:

Premium Features