• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AMDS... have they screwed you too?

H
Feb 7, 2008
Anchorage
AMDS has F-ed me for the last time. I call ahead and always offer to pay upfront (from the slope) so my parts will be there when I get home, I even pay for quick shipping. I count on peoples word to order something when they say they will, or at a minimum call a guy back and say backordered, don't have it, cant have it, wont order it, hell I'll even accept a big o'l screw you. If that is the case I then can look elsewhere. For the last time I have counted on their word to have my parts. I have even got the "they are right under my desk" and still the blank look when I walk in the door. The answers I get are "geez man, I've got 500 people to take care of... I can't remember everything" GET A F'IN PEN THEN. Customer service NOT! Well AMDS, (specific individual not named) you won't have to worry about one of those 500 people anymore... nor all my friends that I have and DID refer to you.

To the AMDS Management: I suggest possibly an IQ test for a pre-employment measure at the parts counter.

Sincerely yours,
Pissed off in Anchorage

P.S. Happy Holidays

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Nice Rip dude, I feel your pain. I've dealt with Wendy and Dustin at team CC in Wasilla for a couple of years now, and when they tell me a part will be in on Friday or Monday the parts are there on Friday or Monday. They know the books well, they call me when the parts arrive, and have never done me wrong. Might try giving them a whirl..

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
There is not worse than what you are going through. With that said, and all sleds being so equal anymore, you would think more dealers would get a clue as to what customer service is all about! That alone, will dictate which flavor I will own. The shops that know this and some do, will always shine aobve others.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Alaska's Most Disapointing Shop

I only go there if I have to
Team CC is way better. When my crank went out AMDS told me 3 to 5 weeks to get one. Team CC had it on the shelf and that is where my money goes.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I quit dealing there after getting the worst service ever on my Sea-Doo. I waas having problem with a check engine light on it and kept taking it to them to fix. After numerous trips back there with them telling me should be fine now I got fed up and took it to CC in Eagle River. The service tech called me a few hours later and told me it was just a simple oil pressure sending unit. Took them a few days to get the part and I had it by friday. I wont ever go back to AMDS again.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
AMDS story

When I used to live in Anchorage and Eagle River, I patronized all of the Ski-Doo shops. Even SBS, remember when they were a dealer? I live in Fairbanks now. A few years ago I bought an '04 Rev Summit 8 demo from AMDS. Rode it around Fairbanks a little and had some issues. Long story short, local dealer tore it apart and it was full of glacial silt like it had sat at the bottom of a river. I trailered it back down to AMDS and they gave me a full refund for the sled. This was 2 weeks later, with no warranty expressed or implied. Although not happy about trailering the sled over 700 miles to/from Anchorage, I felt like they did the right thing and set it straight.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Cant say too much bad but.........

Walked in with a check in my pocket to buy a new sled, made it known and basically they didn't care.

I went to CC and gave them my money. + They threw in some $ off the sled and gave me some free accessories.

They just make so much money that they don't care.

P
Dec 11, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Sounds just like Anchorage Yamaha. I order all my parts from seattle because the same kind of problems. You have to order simple parts that have been used on all their sleds up to last year. It's like going to the store and they don't carry bread and milk! And when they screwed up one of my orders twice( gave him a written list w/part#'s) I got the same excuse, "do you know how many people I have to deal with",or "people do make misstakes". How many times. The guys at the parts desk are really "to cool" to help you and I feel they look down on most customers. I have several freinds who say the same thing.

B
Jan 15, 2008
there only seems to be one kid at the parts counter that's a punkass, and I know quite a few people that want to b-slap him too. Middle station usually. Rude and incompetent..yet tries to come off like he's all-knowing. He takes 10 times longer than neccesary to do his job and talks nonsense with people when there's a line waiting. I don't see how he could hold a job at taco bell...must be related to one of the owners...

H
Feb 8, 2008
or he could be a persons friend of 15yrs!! there is a reason people dont say names or give hints to who people are when they want to talk $#!^ about them so watch how you talk or be more descreat.

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
having worked in sled/motorcycle dealerships in the midwest and west coast I will say this. Alaska has the cheapest whiniest customers I have ever come across in all the different states I have worked. They all wanted the work to be completed THAT DAY and wanted the parts yesterday. Since your all so knowing and perfect WHY don't YOU buck up the cash and buy and build your own dealership. Better yet take a job at the dealership since it's SOOO easy and we get paid SOOO much and make the place perfect yourself!

R
Dec 26, 2008
having worked in sled/motorcycle dealerships in the midwest and west coast I will say this. Alaska has the cheapest whiniest customers I have ever come across in all the different states I have worked. They all wanted the work to be completed THAT DAY and wanted the parts yesterday. Since your all so knowing and perfect WHY don't YOU buck up the cash and buy and build your own dealership. Better yet take a job at the dealership since it's SOOO easy and we get paid SOOO much and make the place perfect yourself!
how about you take your own advice so the owners and other employees of AKMD don't have to lose customers just because you have a bad attitude.

T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska

That'll be good for business :rolleyes:

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
how about you take your own advice so the owners and other employees of AKMD don't have to lose customers just because you have a bad attitude.

What? you think I work for AMD? Think again turd biscuit

That'll be good for business :rolleyes:

You too? That's two biscuits

I'll give you an example of what we in the industry have to deal with.....customer RED LABELS a part xmas eve....even though we told him the part would NOT be in until AFTER the week due to the manufactuer being CLOSED for the holidays.....guess who called the day after xmas?? ON the hour EVERY hour!
He's not the only one like this either so you think a job like this is so easy dealing with customers like this why don't you all who are *****ing step up to the plate and see how much fun it is to deal with people like this. a good portion of customers only hear what they WANT to hear.
WHAT I REALLY love is the customer who says we never called them when thier parts came in....my ***........it's noted in the computer we called twice. Don't ***** at me because your kid didn't give you the message or you don't know how to operate your answering machine.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
What? you think I work for AMD? Think again turd biscuit

You too? That's two biscuits

I'll give you an example of what we in the industry have to deal with.....customer RED LABELS a part xmas eve....even though we told him the part would NOT be in until AFTER the week due to the manufactuer being CLOSED for the holidays.....guess who called the day after xmas?? ON the hour EVERY hour!
He's not the only one like this either so you think a job like this is so easy dealing with customers like this why don't you all who are *****ing step up to the plate and see how much fun it is to deal with people like this. a good portion of customers only hear what they WANT to hear.
WHAT I REALLY love is the customer who says we never called them when thier parts came in....my ***........it's noted in the computer we called twice. Don't ***** at me because your kid didn't give you the message or you don't know how to operate your answering machine.

Your in the wrong business hoss. You might want to think about a job change. It might be better for you and the company you work for let alone the customers. You don't sound to stable.

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
Your in the wrong business hoss. You might want to think about a job change. It might be better for you and the company you work for let alone the customers. You don't sound to stable.

After the two weeks I've had? you might be right!
Don't blame the parts people. Don't blame the service department......the blame should be squarely put on the owners of these dealerships for not hiring the right people to over see the departments or not paying people enough money to get qualified people.
Customers also have to understand that sometimes things are out of the dealerships control. I order the part but if it's on back order how is that my fault? I sympathize with the customer because I myself have been in the SAME situation but who gets the crap for it? I do. Well take it off the machine!!! Well then I have a 10,000 sled sitting in my place I cannot sell that I do not even own.......the bank does and I have to pay flooring on it while it just sits there waiting for a part that's on BO.
I've placed orders thorugh the website to a manufactuer and reading it from my side it said order "submitted" . Placed these orders for the week and when parts didn't come I called....where are my parts? Manufactuer says WHAT PARTS? ......Who do the customers blame? That's why I'm saying, sit in my chair for awhile and see how fun it is.
I love the industry I work in, I really do or I wouldn't have been doing it for as long as I have.
When I or one of my employees make a mistake I fess up to it. I apologize for the mistake and do everything I can to correct the situation no matter the cost. If that means red labeling a 40 pound part and costing me 120.00 to get it there I will and have done so.
There is no doubt that there are some crappy dealership owners out there. There are some crappy dealership employees as well. But sometime **** happens thats out of our control. Like I said above.....All the blame should start and end with the owner. Don't like the parts counter guy who's doing a crappy job? Thats the owners fault for not having a parts manager with enough sense and balls to can the guy.
My biggest rant is over what people ***** about up in Alaska. It costs more to do business up there. I hear people complain about a 100 tune up when the same tune up in say Oregon would cost you 200 and they don't bat an eyelash. People complain about the cost of parts and the amount of time it takes to get them. Yeah well your parts are going to be cheaper and quicker if your in Seattle and the warehouse is in Portland.....see where I'm going with this?

Premium Features