• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Actic Man April 8-12, 2009

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
Ridgerat & Co. will be there again this year, same spot as last year.

Gotta love Arctic Man!

One thing that would make it better tho would be more food carts/vendors like a fair or something where you could get more variety. I hate cooking when hungover or working on the next hangover.!:beer;

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
I keep in contact with John, Howard's son on a regular basis.

GCI bailed, took their $15K with them. The rumor stemmed from there, that the race would be canceled due to insufficient funds. They rallied and found a bunch of smaller sponsors from what I gather so everything is on.

Also the snowmachine/skier race doesn't seem to be the MAIN event this year. They are doing a snowmachine race from First Aid to the Tit I believe, approx. 60 people signed up so far. Don't quote me on this but there is a stock and mod class.

Dec 8, 2007
There's actually a race at Arctic Man?? I just thought people were watching the rockstar/monster energy chics give out free drinks?

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Who goes to Arctic Man to see the "Arctic Man" race anyways?

I mean, lets be honest here.

As long as there is snow, a place to sleep and some sled's rippin around, what else do we need?

Oh yeah....

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER :)

B
Dec 28, 2008
Boycott??

Is it true GCI bailed at the last minute???? If it's true, I say boycott them!!! There are a ton of people out there with their cell phones, cable, and home phone. I wish ACS etc.. had the stones to step up and take their place.:beer;

Reactions: Winter Project
T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
Any big sponsor would be great. I would really hate to see them raise the parking fees or add other fees next year. I imagine it would push some people out. Though I admit, it would take a big fee hike to keep me from going.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Is it true GCI bailed at the last minute???? If it's true, I say boycott them!!! There are a ton of people out there with their cell phones, cable, and home phone. I wish ACS etc.. had the stones to step up and take their place.:beer;

They should try and get Directv to sponsor them.

It would be a great PR move for the regions up and comming Tv service.

DTV is just now starting to make a big push up here in AK.

I luv my Dtv

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
why do people have to start talking crap about sponsors? actually global fuel does lots for that race . it just so happens that they have some of the best riders, skiers and snowboarders in alaska.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
why do people have to start talking crap about sponsors? actually global fuel does lots for that race . it just so happens that they have some of the best riders, skiers and snowboarders in alaska.

?????????

Jealousy?

I don't know, but the "Hi-Maintenance" Global Girls walking around in furs while we all know they have been washing their asses with baby wipes is pretty funny.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Who cares about the race, lets go ride!!!

If they did do the race up the canyon on sleds i know i would be down, who's in with me?

Premium Features