• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3.25” track

There are a ton of 850 PRO-RMK 165's around me, but only with the 2.75. That's the path I was originally looking to go, my 850 SBA felt really close to the 9R I was riding out West, but it's so hard to tell when you're not riding them back to back and with the snow and length difference.

I think saving the $3-4k and dumping that into some clutching and potentially a different track might be a better path. At that rate I would gather the general choices are 300lx (3") or S9 (3.25")?
One thing I forgot to mention.. If your riding abilities change or your desires change it's very easy to make a Khaos act like a pro (simple limiter strap change). It's still fairly easy to make a pro like a khaos but definitely more money as the front track shock will need to be changed or modified as well as limiter straps.

Yes, you're correct the 300lx or s9... I've used both on Polaris's, now both of my polaris' have s9's. Like I said before on the days that videos are made you'll want the s9. The other days wont really matter much.

There are a ton of 850 PRO-RMK 165's around me, but only with the 2.75. That's the path I was originally looking to go, my 850 SBA felt really close to the 9R I was riding out West, but it's so hard to tell when you're not riding them back to back and with the snow and length difference.

I think saving the $3-4k and dumping that into some clutching and potentially a different track might be a better path. At that rate I would gather the general choices are 300lx (3") or S9 (3.25")?
I have a 165 NA with the 2.75" lug track and a 165 Boost with the 3.25" track. The 2.75" track is plenty for the NA motor and actually makes it ride with a lighter feel because it spins a bit easier which helps initiate, getting on edge. The series 8 is less durable though.

The Polaris 3.25 is very durable and works great in the powder, but is a total disaster on hardpack. For comparison the Series 8 2.75 is great on hard and heavy snow, but leaves a lot to be desired in the powder. In order to maximize performance on a given day a guy really needs a powder sled and a hardpack sled.

Premium Features

Back