• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

Yeah if belt drive and chaincase have the same ratio, its hard to feel difference. Most belt drives I have seen, have shorter ratio which makes rider think it makes a notable differece but its actually about the ratio

Why would Doo ditch torsion springs when torsion springs are still dominating snowcross fields?

But theres a lot doo still...

Doo needs to release new 850R or 900etec to compete with 9R on n.a. segment. I mean 850etec isnt far away from 9R but I know you guys can top that easily
Doo needs to redesign front suspension geometry on mountain sleds and all new ski with proper ski rubbr would also be a plus
Doo needs to design a new secondary to replace out dated QRS with roller issues: more reliable, easier to service and easier to change calibration, make it removable without removing the shaft also
Doo needs better glove box design on mountain sleds, make it bigger, water tight, and use heat from engine bay so I can defog my goggles there
Doo needs better linq bags, just copy Burandts bag if lacking ideas
Embbed maps and built in gps for the 10,25 with better maps, it does work trough phone/app but still this would be nice
Add the new 4-piston brake to mountain sleds also
Ride the 24 polaris and you won't whine about a brake.

Polaris being the only ones with a brake on the jackshaft is HUGE. Still the best way to go imo

Lol, Yah right!
The jackshaft is a horrible spot to have the brake, that would be like having the brake mounted on the driveshaft on a truck, and not the wheel thats contacting the road.
But then again Polaris is the only one without rail caps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, Yah right!
The jackshaft is a horrible spot to have the brake, that would be like having the brake mounted on the driveshaft on a truck, and not the wheel thats contacting the road.
But then again Polaris is the only one without rail caps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, no rail caps is stupid lol

I don't think the belt drive is all that great.
I couldn't tell any difference in rotating mass / weight compared to the chain drive, with acceleration in mind.
Both the old Rexnord and BW (HYVO) chain both seem to be more durable long term.
I don't care for the blue coating that comes off the belt and sticks/burns on all the hot exhaust parts.
If Doo does go belt drive, I hope they make changing it on the hill more user friendly.
Even the Polaris version isn't perfect, with guy's like Kurt's doing the gear down setup.

I would LOVE to see a coilover rear shock replace the tired torsion spring setup!

Personally, I think the more urgent update is the GPS/Buddy tracking for the new display.

Storage is another subject. The G5 does seem to have been hood storage than the G4 turbo even with the headlight bag.
An engine compartment storage spot to thaw out googles would be stellar. It's an option if you go with an aftermarket muffler.

Doo needs to redesign front suspension geometry on mountain sleds and all new ski with proper ski rubbr would also be a plus
Doo needs to design a new secondary to replace out dated QRS with roller issues: more reliable, easier to service and easier to change calibration, make it removable without removing the shaft also
Doo needs
better glove box design on mountain sleds, make it bigger, water tight, and use heat from engine bay so I can defog my goggles there
Doo needs better linq bags, just copy Burandts bag if lacking ideas
Embbed maps and built in gps for the 10,25 with better maps, it does work trough phone/app but still this would be nice
100% AGREE

I would LOVE to see a coilover rear shock replace the tired torsion spring setup!

Personally, I think the more urgent update is the GPS/Buddy tracking for the new display.

Storage is another subject. The G5 does seem to have been hood storage than the G4 turbo even with the headlight bag.
An engine compartment storage spot to thaw out googles would be stellar.
It's an option if you go with an aftermarket muffler.
Of all the things we hope for and expect to see, if BRP does NOT ADDRESS the Mapping/Tracking issue, I will be VERY surprised, and greatly DISAPPOINTED.

Of all the things we hope for and expect to see, if BRP does NOT ADDRESS the Mapping/Tracking issue, I will be VERY surprised, and greatly DISAPPOINTED.
If they do I hope I can retro fit my '24. I thought there was rumors last year they were coming out with an add on something to fix it but that didn't happen.

This was released on the BRP USA page then quickly taken down after an hour or so. Hope this is ready for an update the day the 25's drop as an update for the 23 and 24s.

If they drop the ball on this, Trailtech (Polaris) will be getting even more money... By these gauges or even an entire sled hah.

2023-02-20_19-31-21.jpg

This was released on the BRP USA page then quickly taken down after an hour or so. Hope this is ready for an update the day the 25's drop as an update for the 23 and 24s.

If they drop the ball on this, Trailtech (Polaris) will be getting even more money... By these gauges or even an entire sled hah.

View attachment 416093
ALL of us remember this only TOO WELL.
Raised our hopes WAY UP and then DASHED them right to the ground only moments later.

Huh no its not, it uses Garmin Tread tech and MURS radio frequency. Maybe if you don't have the big Tread gauge?

"
This US-only feature allows you to share your ride and stay connected with your group by tracking friends from your compatible smartphone Arctic Cat G8, or Tread device."

6e0373bb063ab2c0d915fb08dba2cc71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh no its not, it uses Garmin Tread tech and MURS radio frequency. Maybe if you don't have the big Tread gauge?

"
This US-only feature allows you to share your ride and stay connected with your group by tracking friends from your compatible smartphone Arctic Cat G8, or Tread device."

Not from what I read. And no I do not have a cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Cat NOT FULLY LICENSE all of the Garmin Technology?
As the actual Garmin Devices do NOT require CELL connection for unit to unit tracking..

Premium Features

Back