• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Arrivals - Post up the news

S
Sep 21, 2016
Van Isl
Is that side panel even closed properly? ^^^ Maybe it is cool like the young kids who have their underware tag hanging out?
Yes. There's only really one way to close it and get the connectors installed. From what I can tell, the panel bulges out when you get the rear most knob aligned with the hole and locked in place, causing the gap that you see in the photo.

And yeah - nothing cooler than being able to see a 'caution hot' sticker! haha

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Picked up the turbo summit this weekend. First turbo in the family so pretty stoked.
View attachment 408905

Anyone else find that the side panel fit continues to be an issue? Have like a 1/3" gap at the top of the panel between panel and sled body. Wife's '23 n/a has a gap but much less. My XM had even less than either of our G5s.

View attachment 408907

It’s normal, it will close up tighter when the foam seats in. It never goes away really. My clutch side on my 23 is worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: christopher

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Picked her up today. I know folks were mostly joking about the 23’s looking old but man does this make a G4 look dated.

8ed2e2b83ea89eeea6089391d963aa50.jpg

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
Picked up the turbo summit this weekend. First turbo in the family so pretty stoked.
View attachment 408905

Anyone else find that the side panel fit continues to be an issue? Have like a 1/3" gap at the top of the panel between panel and sled body. Wife's '23 n/a has a gap but much less. My XM had even less than either of our G5s.

View attachment 408907

I think years of refinement is what made the xm fit well. Still feel is is one of the best sleds they have produced.

As far as panel fitment goes, I have had pretty good success using a heat gun to reshape panels slightly. Use tape or clamps to hold it in place while it cools.

Reactions: Frankthetank79
F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Sure glad I got mine early so I can put it together right dealer decided that the front shocks needed to be upside down. Sure glad I had to pay that PID fee.
Nothing more frustrating than paying for pdi then having to pdi it yourself, Make sure your clutch has bin cleaned , and belt isn’t full of oil . One deal I used had one right one upside down lol said oh the young guy in the back is new and just learning. 😳

Reactions: Diamond8
F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I think years of refinement is what made the xm fit well. Still feel is is one of the best sleds they have produced.

As far as panel fitment goes, I have had pretty good success using a heat gun to reshape panels slightly. Use tape or clamps to hold it in place while it cools.

Those XM’s will be on the mountains for years to come…rock solid

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Picked up my 146 today. Looks great!
ac007c465627a4d830cbedcab3df90df.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Does your Freeride have the updated CVT cover with the ridge that sticks out around part of the rear vent? If yes, is your last 3 digets of the VIN high or low? Trying to figure out why BRP game me the old MY23 side panel with no ridge.
Picked up my Freeride 146 Turbo.
I see your freeride has the updated CVT cover. Is your last 3 of the VIN high or really low?

BRP is telling my dealership that it was only a summit thing - and that's BS. It's an update for that type of cover for all 2024 deep snow sleds. Can't figure out why are some sleds shipping with the MY23 cover and not the updated MY24 one.. Early production thing? Random? Any info from yourself would be great. Thanks

M

Malgomaj

Apr 14, 2010
Yes I believe it has the “new” CVT-cover. I’m far away from my sled right now so can’t check but my dealer pointed at the ctv and told me it had got an upgrade this year when I picked her up. This was the first time I saw a gen5 in person so I didn’t knew how it looked before. Think my vin is around 127 if I remember right.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: 440revNL
Premium Features