• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Alpha hesitation

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
Generally, I have found that the ctec has a lean condition around 4800 to 5300- you can wack the throttle from Idle and zero issues/ or wack it from that lean RPM and it responds cleanly.
Just seems like in that zone it becomes pretty revvy-and have cleaned valves/ replaced injectors/ replaced reeds & reed boots and the symptoms, still are there, SO it isn't a BOG

Only thing I can say is a flash that will increase fuel at those given rpm's- but have been seeing $400.00 price tag -but in confirmation/ justification they do have parameters that increase power through the power band
Adding Y pipe and Pipe add on's make it more pronounce than the stock configuration.- I just am aware of the condition and throttle around it.
I do however, mix my fuel to 100:1 on oil for the added protection, as the stock oil pump I have seen from 50:1 to 80:1 and everywhere in-between .
Those that get the Terra Alps Racing ecm flash tune, get a proper built tune, reliability designed into the tune, also 7 hp increase, so that is worth every penny. Also if your looking at adding performance parts or porting or a 870 big bore in future the tune is able to be adjusted at no extra cost, for these extra HP adders.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Those that get the Terra Alps Racing ecm flash tune, get a proper built tune, reliability designed into the tune, also 7 hp increase, so that is worth every penny. Also if your looking at adding performance parts or porting or a 870 big bore in future the tune is able to be adjusted at no extra cost, for these extra HP adders.
I haven't seen much on the Terra alps tune in the region of the RPM's where there is a concern- I'll give Ted a call This week- Just a bad time of year to send in ECU to Canada when still riding .

Premium Features