• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
yep. 2 test drives had me pretty sure.

450 mile drive home and I am convinced. it doesn’t ride quite as smooth as the IFS GMC, but everything else IMO is better.

I am not bashing the GM or Ram, but i feel this new SD is better. I am not brand loyal, this is my first Ford.
I have owned several GMs, Rams, and Toyotas.

I looked at getting another GMC, Denali, either a ’16 or the new ’17. I was not impressed with the changes.
I would not buy another Ram because of the way I got screwed with the track bar/frame recall on my’13. So I looked at Ford.

So far, I am very happy with my decision. I ordered the truck, so it is exactly the way I wanted.

Put some weight in the bed of both and then come back and give a revised review.

Thanks for the info. i went out and drove a new sd today drove it around the block and orderd one. what the :juggle: pull something put it to work wow.

Empty on my ford carried extra 1000 lbs in box all summer so it would ride better. Truck weight was right at 9000 lbs with tools fuel and weight.

Now that they've been on the road a few months, how's everyone liking their new Super Duty?

I'm thinking about buying one, but may wait until the 2018s are released.

I have 4500 miles on mine and it's been flawless. Very fun to drive. Amazing how comfortable a truck with this much capability can be.

Last edited:
I've got 13,500 on mine since October and I still like it. When I get in the shop 11 Duramax truck the noise difference is huge. Sounds like your driving a 1st gen cummins in the cab by comparison. Empty I can get 17 to 18 on a tank if I'm easy on it. ( I drive 62mph all the way to the shop every day ) At 70 to 80 mph it drops off. Towed a loaded up 28 foot Steel car hauler to the snowies when it was negative temps the whole way there and back and it averaged 10 mpg at interstate speeds. They drink it when they are cold. Only used 10 gallons of DEF since new so I'm not terribly upset with that. Regen sucks for mileage...could do without that. Overall pretty happy with it. I use a Bluetooth adapter in the OBD2 port to communicate with an app for basic guages to monitor, works really well for that. Just can't leave it connected to the phone when you shut the truck off or it screws up the trucks internal network and turns on all the service lights. My friend that works on these at Ford said they have the same issues when they are hooked to scan tools, haven't figured out a fix for it yet. I just disconnect the app before restarting the truck.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

DEF

Whats everybody getting for millage with the DEF fluid? I had a 2012 SD and would only use about 2 gallons on a 2300 mile round trip out west. With my 2017 SD I've been out west 3 time so far and have used about 6 gallons each trip. Doesn't seem right, in my mind should be about the same as the 2012.

Whats everybody getting for millage with the DEF fluid? I had a 2012 SD and would only use about 2 gallons on a 2300 mile round trip out west. With my 2017 SD I've been out west 3 time so far and have used about 6 gallons each trip. Doesn't seem right, in my mind should be about the same as the 2012.
I put 5 gallons in mine right at 6000 miles when we left to head west in it. When we got there I checked the Guage and it was almost empty. Headed back home figuring I would need to fill it at some point, got to somewhere in SD and the Guage read almost 3/4 full oddly. Returned home with it and decided to add another 2.5 gallon jug to it to top it off and I haven't added any since. Either the cold messed with the system or something fluke happened. Haven't had any lights or warnings from the system so I'm not sure what happened.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

DEF consumption is related to rear end ration and how much weight your pulling. if you look in your owners manual in the diesel supplement there is a page showing your ratio and estimated mileage to refill. surprising how much difference there is.

I have rode in my buddies 17 F350 platinum for about 4000 miles this yr, it is by far the best truck I have ever been in. It is better then the 2016 super dutys in every way. Quieter,better ride,more room,more power,more features, 360 cameras, and I love the massaging front seats lol! Don't drive one unless you plan to buy one because you will want it afterwords!

03ebbd4d38aa36137dd2f0e39ccc33e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
the demand is still high so if you want one you will have to pay for it. Ford is not offering any lube at this time.:face-icon-small-blu

There are deals to be had and I think based on current financials coming out of the industry there are some BIG DEALS coming this summer

There is huge financial instability in the auto markets right now.

Unfortunately, the "hope" trade failed to materialize as every single, major auto OEM missed their April sales estimates in fairly spectacular fashion.

Here's a summary of the April carnage:

OEMS2017.05.02%20-%20Auto%20Inventory_0.jpg

2017.05.02%20-%20Auto%20Cars_0.JPG

SAAR:
According to Ward's data, April SAAR came in at 16.8mm units, down 3.7% YoY, which was well below the JD Power estimate released last week of 17.3 mm.

Meanwhile, the YoY change in unit sales was the worst since 2011.

Inventory Days:
Meanwhile, inventory days are still trending higher as OEMs continue to push product on to dealer lots even though sale through to end customers has seemingly stalled.

GM, one of the few OEMs to actually disclose dealer inventories in monthly sales releases, reported that April inventories increased to 100 days (935,758 vehicles) from 98 days at the end of March and just 71 days (681,402 vehicles) in April 2016. But please don't worry because GM would like for you to know that their soaring inventories are normal and "reflect strong sales"...no really, here's the quote from their press release:

"As planned, GM’s inventories reflect strong sales, lower car production and strategic, launch-related growth in truck and crossover stocks."

Incentive Spending:
Meanwhile, GM's incentive spending also soared YoY to 11.7% of their average transaction price (ATP) versus 10.3% last year. And Ford also announced on their sales call that average incentive spending was up about $300 YoY.

And, as one industry observer notes, the combination of rising inventory levels, higher incentive spending and pending model changeovers in coming months could imply that the auto industry could unravel in fairly short order.

OEM Commentary:
Of course, despite the abysmal numbers, OEMS still tried to paint a rosy picture for their industry.

• GM: “When you look at the broader economy, including a strong job market, rising wages, low inflation and low interest rates, and couple them to low fuel prices and strong consumer confidence, you have everything you need for auto sales to weather headwinds and remain at or near historic highs."
  • Ford: "We're maintaining our industry guidance for the year of 17.7 million vehicles. To put things into perspective, it's important to note that we've seen a plateauing industry, basically last year and this year, and when you have that kind of an industry, you're going to have variations, both up and down, month-to-month."
But while OEM mgmt teams remain optimistic, it seems that investors are getting slightly concerned as both the OEMs...

...and suppliers all tanked on today's sales figures.

Apparently Bloomberg and some auto executives are convinced that soaring car prices are the reason that sales are starting to slump. Bloomberg attributes the problem to new, costly technology being added vehicles:

To understand why the U.S. auto market isn’t growing, consider a top-of-the-line minivan from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV now costs about $50,000.

With twin second-row touch screens, reclining third-row seats, a vacuum and automated parallel parking, the Chrysler Pacifica packs plenty of features to justify a hefty expense. But this big a price tag puts the prototypical family vehicle out of reach for most Americans.
Ford CFO, Bob Shanks, was quick to confirm the theory because pretty much any explanation is better than the truth, which is that auto sales have been propped up by low interest rates, a subprime debt binge that puts the 2008 mortgage crisis to shame and stretched out terms of new loans.

“At some point that will be one of the aspects that will continue to drive down the volume,” Bob Shanks, Ford’s chief financial officer, said in an interview. “It will become tougher.”

“It’s not just the price of the cars -- it’s the price of everything else,” she said. “The price of things like health care, shelter -- all of that is fighting for the budget.”
And while this explanation may seem logical, it's patently false. While average auto sticker prices tend to rise 2-3% per annum, as TrueCar recently pointed out, industry incentive spending in March rose 13.4% year-over-year to an average of $3,511 per vehicle sold. So while sticker prices may be rising, the price that people are actually paying is coming down, courtesy of very generous auto OEM shareholders.

US-automaker-incentives-2017-03-forecast_0_0.png

Of course, we'll get out latest look at the numbers tomorrow when OEMs report April sales. Here's how the 'experts' see things playing out:

So what say you...temporary blip or is the U.S. car buyer tapped out?

There is trouble, potentially BIG trouble in the automotive industry once again that is tied directly into financing and over production. And this could spell significant trouble for our economy.

Nearly all of the big automakers reported disappointing sales in March, and dealer inventories have now risen to the highest level that we have seen since the last recession.

Used vehicle prices are absolutely crashing, and subprime auto loan losses have shot up to the highest level that we have seen since the last recession.

Most U.S. consumers are completely tapped out. According to CNN, almost six out of every ten Americans do not have enough money saved to even cover a $500 emergency expense.

While I am not yet ready to sound the alarm, I am going to be watching this closely for the next couple of months to see if it resolves itself and continues to get worse. The five embeded links will give you more than enough information to chew on if you are so inclined...

take a deep breath the sky is not falling.
Not at all.
But I think that PRICES ARE FALLING...

And will continue to fall

And as yet another sign of just how well they are doing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/business/ford-motor-mark-fields.html?_r=0
Ford, Facing Investor Pressure, Will Cut 1,400 Salaried Jobs

Ford Motor said Wednesday that it would cut 10 percent of its salaried jobs in North America and Asia as part of a cost-saving move aimed at increasing sagging profits and propping up its stock price.

The news comes less than a week after its chief executive, Mark Fields, faced criticism at the automaker’s annual shareholder meeting for its lagging performance.

The cutbacks, totaling 1,400 positions, are part of an effort aimed at “reducing costs and becoming as lean and efficient as possible,” the company said in a message to employees.

Automakers are being challenged by slowing sales in the United States after seven years of steady growth. Ford’s sales slipped 5.6 percent in the first four months of 2017.

Premium Features

Back