• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Buying a new truck is a investors worst nightmare. Buy high-sell low.
The cost of these new trucks makes me think I would be just as happy with 1972 big block Power Wagon with 4 on the floor, vinyl seats, 8 track cassette player, no carpet or AC and a heater that works most of the time. Don't care if some one backs into it when I am not there or if some one steals it. And it will do pretty much the same task as a new truck. There is a winner and a loser in this thread. The winner is the state of MN and the loser is me for spending hard earned money on a Powerball ticket tonight. :face-icon-small-con

I've been seeing more and more 2017's around. The look is growing on me. Has anyone heard any performance reports on them? Mainly mileage reports I guess

Just bit the bullet on a '17 F350 Crew Cab longbed, diesel, of course. I'll have more info later on, but man, these trucks are NIIIICE. Absolutely love the adaptive cruise control, and the 360 deg camera setup. Very well thought out interior, and lots of little things that just make it awesome so far. I've put about 300 miles on it, still at over 1/2 tank (48 gal tank on the long bed models). They're pricey for sure, but what a truck!!

Just bit the bullet on a '17 F350 Crew Cab longbed, diesel, of course. I'll have more info later on, but man, these trucks are NIIIICE. Absolutely love the adaptive cruise control, and the 360 deg camera setup. Very well thought out interior, and lots of little things that just make it awesome so far. I've put about 300 miles on it, still at over 1/2 tank (48 gal tank on the long bed models). They're pricey for sure, but what a truck!!

Let us know how you like it. A couple of my buddies for theirs but they've only had them a couple days. Still haven't driven one myself.

I have mixed feelings on the 48gal tank. On one hand it's awesome compared to the 37 gal but it's still smaller than the Titan 65gal - but not so small that I probably wouldnt buy the aftermarket tank.

Luckily I'll be happily driving my 16' that had a ton of rebates for a while so I won't have to make the decision :)

Curious, what is the cargo carrying capacity on your truck? My '15 Longbed F350 Platinum Screw is a little over 3100 lbs.
48 gallon truck sounds awesome! I wish I had that capacity when towing my 5th wheel camper.

Do you have the "ghost" screen for DPF filter % clogged activated? Its a great feature that allows you to determine when a regen will occur which requires a good 20-30 minutes of continuous driving. I was really disappointed to see my DPF hitting 100% in 120 miles of stop/go city driving a couple of months ago and about 220-250 miles of highway driving and about 450 miles when towing 10,000 lbs.

Curious, what is the cargo carrying capacity on your truck? My '15 Longbed F350 Platinum Screw is a little over 3100 lbs.
48 gallon truck sounds awesome! I wish I had that capacity when towing my 5th wheel camper.

Do you have the "ghost" screen for DPF filter % clogged activated? Its a great feature that allows you to determine when a regen will occur which requires a good 20-30 minutes of continuous driving. I was really disappointed to see my DPF hitting 100% in 120 miles of stop/go city driving a couple of months ago and about 220-250 miles of highway driving and about 450 miles when towing 10,000 lbs.

I've got the 11500# GVWR package, so I'd bet its somewhere around 3500#. What's the "ghost screen"?? Curious!

The SRW 5th wheel towing rating of 20,600# is what really drew me to this truck. Chevy/GMC and Ram are all under 17k. Huge difference when towing a 40' toy hauler, and I didn't want to go to a dually if I didn't really have to.

I've got the 11500# GVWR package, so I'd bet its somewhere around 3500#. What's the "ghost screen"?? Curious!

The SRW 5th wheel towing rating of 20,600# is what really drew me to this truck. Chevy/GMC and Ram are all under 17k. Huge difference when towing a 40' toy hauler, and I didn't want to go to a dually if I didn't really have to.

This is what impresses me the most of the new trucks is being able to get it the huge tow ratings without having to deal with the Dually in the Snow.

On my '15 I had to have the ghost screen programmed at the dealership. It is also called a DPF productivity screen. Let's me know how clogged the filter is and adjust my driving so I can anticipate and allow a full DPF regeneration to occur.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f149/productivity-screen-display-dpf-552321/

how to take a screen shot

After driving 1400 miles so far, I'm not disappointed. It's comfortable, rides a little rougher than my '13 GMC 1 ton (as I was expecting), but that's only noticeable on washboarded roads. LOVE, LOVE the adaptive cruise and the automatic hi/lo beam headlights. Hand calculated mileage over a 620 mile trip (on one tank, no less :)) was 14.5. It was cold in Wyoming, so each start up required some warm up time. Highway speeds at 75-80 for most of the trip with some typical heavy Wyoming winds. Cab is also extremely quiet even at those speeds. The technology with the displays and options, the Synch 3, voice commands, navigation...etc etc...all really enjoyable and easy to use. So far, great truck, happy buyer.

264191c885b2bf7280c057e1db0e1942.jpg

My new dirty sled hauler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the new ones are great, but unless you are really brand loyal or have a favorite dealer, I would question your intelligence for bypassing the new Ford Super Duty.

so you have not even driven it home, and you have already concluded it is better.....FAR SUPERIOR....than any of your previous vehicles?

yep. 2 test drives had me pretty sure.

450 mile drive home and I am convinced. it doesn’t ride quite as smooth as the IFS GMC, but everything else IMO is better.

I am not bashing the GM or Ram, but i feel this new SD is better. I am not brand loyal, this is my first Ford.
I have owned several GMs, Rams, and Toyotas.

I looked at getting another GMC, Denali, either a ’16 or the new ’17. I was not impressed with the changes.
I would not buy another Ram because of the way I got screwed with the track bar/frame recall on my’13. So I looked at Ford.

So far, I am very happy with my decision. I ordered the truck, so it is exactly the way I wanted.

Now that they've been on the road a few months, how's everyone liking their new Super Duty?

I'm thinking about buying one, but may wait until the 2018s are released.

Almost 4000 miles on mine. No complaints. Still love the adaptive cruise control and the camera setup. It's quiet, has better ground clearance than my GMC did, and does everything I want it to do. Just pull the trigger and get one.... :)

Premium Features

Back