• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
All I know is that if my customers followed that philosophy, my toy buying days would be OVER!!!

I have not been debt free since I was 15 (and 22.9% interest) and have never lost sleep due to debt.
Debt has allowed me to enjoy the things in life I wanted to enjoy, at the time that I wanted to.
I seldom spent time on the sidelines wishing.
In fact I honestly believe a constant debt hanging over my head helped form my work ethic as I understood early on that more work equaled more playing.

I see many clowns who have zero initiative to work over 40 hours, and my reply is "that f__ker needs more debt"!

"If you're not in the hole, there's no reason to dig"

Yes my fellow snowesters, that's right, debt is your friend!

Debt is the only reason people work hard? Hmmm, hard to believe.

You know another reason people work hard? Satisfaction of a job done right. Oh, and the drive to pay cash for something in the future.

I do have some debt, but I pay cash for most everything. Pretty happy not to be throwing interest money down the toilet.
If you think of a home mortgage, you're throwing away potential equity and capital gains if you carry that note to term before you sell the house.

If you have a 30 year note on a $200,000 loan, you'll pay about $280,000 by the time you play it off.
You are giving them your potential profit.

Last edited:
I am just an OLD SCHOOL American that was raised on the concept of SAVING and paying for what I bought.

Its not wonder our nation is TWENTY TRILLION dollars in debt and has NO possible way of ever paying it off. When inflation comes roaring back to life and the interest rate on those TRILLIONS of dollars in debt starts to climb, its going to get MIGHTY UGLY.

If you have a 30 year note on a $200,000 loan, you'll pay about $280,000 by the time you play it off.
You are giving them your potential profit.

200,000 loan 30yrs @3.61% =$127,749 in interest.
Total $327,749.
House payment ~$1,200 per month with tax & ins.
15yr @3.36% (.25% discount for 15yr term) =$54,890 in interest.
Total $254,890.
House payment ~$1,700 with tax & ins.
15yr term=
Saving $72,859. Hmm, enough to buy a new f450!

GS6

Last edited:
I guess I just don't sleep as well at night knowing that massive debt burden hangs over me. I just like to OWN my things whenever possible. Soooo many people default on their debts these days..,

I guess I just don't sleep as well at night knowing that massive debt burden hangs over me. I just like to OWN my things whenever possible. Soooo many people default on their debts these days..,

How'd you sleep
Last night?

Easy for YOU to say.

Hard for me to do.

I want at least a 50% Down Payment.

I would prefer more.

Yeah. Once you figure in a doc appointment and a sleeping pill prescription once a month. You'll need to save all the money you can. A man needs his sleep. And beings you owe money on a home now. I'm really confused as to why your even wanting a new truck? Especially when it's so damn hard on your conscience! Pay off your home. Drive what you got. Buy some roundup and some gravel. Be happy!!!

I sleep just fine with my 2015 GMC 3500HD truck, 28' sled trailer, '16 Pro-RMK sled, & C-Card payments.

I sleep just fine with my 2015 GMC 3500HD truck, 28' sled trailer, '16 Pro-RMK sled, & C-Card payments.

Atta boy! You prolly are a responsible debt holder. I would venture to say you've never missed a payment on any of em?

Atta boy! You prolly are a responsible debt holder. I would venture to say you've never missed a payment on any of em?

Nope, not one payment has been missed....

I also pay more than the minimum on all but the sled trailer.

And beings you owe money on a home now.
I'm really confused as to why your even wanting a new truck?
Especially when it's so damn hard on your conscience!

Pay off your home.

Drive what you got.

Buy some roundup and some gravel.
Be happy!!!

So true.

Easy for YOU to say.
Hard for me to do.

I want at least a 50% Down Payment.
I would prefer more.

2016 Super Duty F-350 Platinum Crew Cab 4X4

EPA - est. MPG:
Contact Dealer
Engine:
6.7L 4 Valve Power Stroke® V8 Diesel Engine
Transmission:
TorqShift® 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic® O/D w/6.7L
Exterior:
Shadow Black
Interior:
Black
Stock ID:
Contact Dealer

MSRP:
$69,8501

Net Price & Incentives:
$ 65,100

VIN:
1FT8W3BT3GEB52376

Available in stock

Buy a hold over..

If I was considering a new truck it would be tough for me to get a holdover this year with all the changes coming on the '17 trucks. A holdover last year would have been a no brainer.

I'm in same boat with my F150. I think I will wait until early June of '17. Order the truck I want and use the clear out incentives to lower the price when it shows up.

If I was considering a new truck it would be tough for me to get a holdover this year with all the changes coming on the '17 trucks. A holdover last year would have been a no brainer.
My feelings exactly.
Considering I WILL drive this truck for 10-15 years
I want the latest version.

Premium Features

Back