• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
So I paid a visit to my local dealer yesterday to get a hands on comparison between the current 2016 F250 Platinum and King Ranch.
Wanted to actually FEEL the difference in the leather between the two trucks, assuming it WILL still be the same in 2017.

No doubt about it, the leather on the seats IS different.

The King Ranch Edition has a much more "Robust" cut with a thicker more textured feel to it.

Also looked at a F350 for the first time just because it was parked right next to the F250. Certainly liked the fact that it was a couple inches taller. But I suspect that comes at the expense of a much stiffer ride from stronger leaf springs??

The first few years of the superduty the only difference is the 250 has a 2in block under the rear leafspring and the 350 has a 4in block. Gvw 8,800 on the 250 and 9,900 on the 350. Washington tabs ~$20 difference.

Since 2011 ( maybe a few years earlier) ford has increased the differences between the 250 and 350.
Brakes and axles are some of the differences. I am not sure if it's standard equipment or options that create those differences?

GS6

Last edited:
The first few years of the superduty the only difference is the 250 has a 2in block under the rear leafspring and the 350 has a 4in block. Gvw 8,800 on the 250 and 9,900 on the 350. Washington tabs ~$20 difference.

Since 2011 ( maybe a few years earlier) ford has increased the differences between the 250 and 350.
Brakes and axles are some of the differences. I am not sure if it's standard equipment or options that create those differences?

GS6

There had to be a spring difference, the payload of the 250 would squat way more with the same weight in the bed. from all the trucks i have had it looked as if the axles where the same and the spring tensions were the difference along with the 1 ton had a overload spring in it.

My 250 is identical to my brothers 350.
Same amount of leafs and overload.
I put the 4in block in mine and mine sits 3/4 in higher than his now. Both same size tires.

Of course the 250 will squat more, it starts out 2in lower. With the same weight in the bed the 250 should always be 2in lower in the rear. If one truck has overloads and one doesn't then of course that will affect ride height when loaded.

Maybe my overload is an option on the 250 and standard on the 350?

GS6

When buying aftermarket Springs stock or lifted height, for the front or rear of the superduty all manufacturers state f250/350 with the exception of the dually, they have their own springs.

GS6

GS6
Would be nice if there was a page somewhere that contrasted the two trucks side by side with a clear list of the subtle differences.

OK... heres the question for you Christopher.

Do you have any concrete plans to purchase a 2017 Diesel Superduty?

OK... heres the question for you Christopher.

Do you have any concrete plans to purchase a 2017 Diesel Superduty?

Just as soon as I can PAY FOR IT, yes.

I would like to put $45,000 down on it though, and I only have $30,000 saved up so far.

Money-stack.jpg

Just as soon as I can PAY FOR IT, yes.

I would like to put $45,000 down on it though, and I only have $30,000 saved up so far.

Money-stack.jpg

You seem like you would have a good fico score, I would imagine you could get around 3% money.
That new truck is going to go up 5-6% each year you waste saving.
So basically you are losing money trying to save up for this purchase.
(providing that the payments do not put you in a bind)

You seem like you would have a good fico score, I would imagine you could get around 3% money.
That new truck is going to go up 5-6% each year you waste saving.
So basically you are losing money trying to save up for this purchase.
(providing that the payments do not put you in a bind)

Its been MANY years since I had a car payment.
Really go out of my way to avoid debt of any kind.
And the thought of a $600+ monthly car payment is NOT at all attractive to me.

I understand that and I respect that concept.
However, I am simply pointing out that money has the same value whether it is a wad that has been saved over the years or a signature on a loan.
I also wanted to point out that saving up for such a purpose can be an expensive virtue.

I understand that and I respect that concept.
However, I am simply pointing out that money has the same value whether it is a wad that has been saved over the years or a signature on a loan.
I also wanted to point out that saving up for such a purpose can be an expensive virtue.
Gotcha.
In my case I have been patiently waiting for the new 2017s to roll out for the last 2 years anyway, and I still have another 6 months to sock away as much cash as I can.

My guess is I will see a shiny new truck around Christmas time.
79673ee972b8ab63d887b5c65087a4cc.jpg

Premium Features

Back