• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174"x16"x3" on 09 Xp

I have an 09 XP with a 163" stock track. I am thinking about going to a 174 next year but I have a few concerns.

1. Does the 174" track slow down the track speed enough say in the spring that a 163" track would be better?

2. How does the 174" compare to the stock track for hardness/softness. Is it harder or softer?

I am sure the 174" early in the year without a doubt is better in the deep but what about spring conditions will the long track hinder the sled vs a 163"?

heard those 3" lugs are breaking off. Unless you really gear down or boost the power I wouldn't think you would have enough power to spin it

174"x16" talk about OVERKILL

The track that you have on your 700 is overkill if you want to pull that barrel roll.

I think that if you switch the gearing up it should run just fine. Granted I've never seen a 800 turn a 3 inch, but I have ridden with a 2.5 inch on a 06 and it turned it just fine.

I ride with Robbie and believe me that thing works. His sled is stock except for a slp pipe ( he said it did not make any diff. ) My sled is a well running xrs with a 174x 2.5 with an slp kit that will hang with or beat equil xp's. However it gets kicked by a stock xp with the 3" track. I can turn 45-50 track speed depending on conditions. Robbie turns the track in the mid 40's. Not much diff in track speed, but a ton of diff in performance on the hill. Anyone doubting the 3" track just needs to see one go let alone ride one.

Put a 162" X 3" on my Sled Head Racing 860 08 XP, very labor intensive, wont have a chance to try it until next year.

leftsideviewii.jpg

3" on an Xp

Here is a picture of my Xp with a 174X3X16. I have over 1200 miles and no problems. It is the best powder sled I've ever had. Someone wanted a picture of a tunnel extension. I have included that also.

xp174 pic 1.jpg xp174 1.jpg

174" Xp

I used stock clutching and a 19 tooth on the top (600 miles). I changed to SLP clutching, y-pipe, pipe, and can. I can't say that I noticed any change for my $1,000.

Winter Brew, I've heard and read great things about your clutching and it's on my to-do list this summer! I have a 09 163X Stock clutching other than taking out the set screws and a 19 tooth Top Gear. We ride from from 6500 here to 10000 in Cooke, should i stay with the 19 tooth with your set-up or go back up????

Winter Brew, I've heard and read great things about your clutching and it's on my to-do list this summer! I have a 09 163X Stock clutching other than taking out the set screws and a 19 tooth Top Gear. We ride from from 6500 here to 10000 in Cooke, should i stay with the 19 tooth with your set-up or go back up????

163's we usually go 20T......alot of factors to consider though....mods, rider weight, riding style etc...but with our setup likely the 20/49.

So how do the 3 inch tracks hold up?? If you ride hard pack or roads or frozen spring snow do the lugs lay over really bad?? Do they tend to get ripped off easily??

Thanks

Jake

felkers has done a few 174s for there customers and they seem to like them . they were the 2.5" lug.. lynn felker rides a stock 163 track and he takes that thing up and over anything lol

Premium Features

Back