• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08/09 800 recall...

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
Good info! The letter mentioned the SLP silencer still working with the fix. Anyone hear anything from the dealer meeting on if the full SLP pipe/can combo will still work?

Bought an 09 that had been wrecked. Had an slp single on it. So i called slp to see if they could fix it. We decided that the pipe was bent to bad to get straight and not have cracking issues. Since i was going to have to buy a new pipe i didnt want one that wasn't going to work with the updates. So i asked him what he knew, he said that the new update would be compatible with the pipe. Should be good info never had slp steer me wrong on anything they have ever done.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I spoke with Dustin at SLP yesterday... the 2010 SLP pipe is the same as the 2008/2009 SLP pipe except for the Silencer.

The 2010 Stock-Polaris silencer is different from the 2008/2009 stock silencer and has a different bracket... thus the SLP version for the 2010 is different.

The same goes for the twins.

The SLP pipes/cans in your current sleds, according to SLP will function just fine.

ROCK ON!!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
NO....

You will run what you have.

SLP is keeping the same Pipe/Silencer design for the 2010 ...with the exeception of the MOUNTING of the SILENCER... it is different on the STOCK 2010 RMK/Dragon and has a different silencer (AKA "can" or muffler).. IN THE STOCK SLED... Which reqires a different mount.

The SLP Silencer/PIPE on the 2008/2009 SLP pipe/can combos currently in service WILL NOT need to be changed. SLP will sell the same PIPE/CAN that you have in your 2008/2009 sleds this year for the 2008/2009 sleds.

The 2010 RMK's will have a different style steel mounting bracket on the bulkhead FROM THE FACTORY for the STOCK silencer and that is why SLP has a different MOUNTING bracket on the Silencer for their 2010 Pipes/Silencers combos for the 2010 model year sleds.

I hope that I'm realying this information clearly.

The SLP pipes/cans in your current sleds, according to SLP will function just fine.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Pic752.jpg

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
way to submit confidential material now the FBI is ganna be out after you :eek:

Actually, this is an excersise designed to increase communication through the dealer network. When it's illegally posted on the internet the dealer is actually allowed to know whats going on. Thus when a customer calls they actually know what said customer is refering to even if they still do not have any further details concerning said confidential material. :D

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
Actually, this is an excersise designed to increase communication through the dealer network. When it's illegally posted on the internet the dealer is actually allowed to know whats going on. Thus when a customer calls they actually know what said customer is refering to even if they still do not have any further details concerning said confidential material. :D

This is so true that it's almost funny but really just fricken sad

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I talk to a dealer in mn today and they told me the updates should be ready around sept. They have a list made up. So the updates will be done by the order our name is on the list. They heard that is was going to be the top end.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Poor old Monte I can see a Poo corporate job in his future, he seems to think as those yahos do, good post

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
talked to my dealer today, they know what they need to do, how to do it and would love to start know but they don't know when the parts will be available, the polaris rep was there tryin to assure them it will all be done before the snow flys???

Premium Features