• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03.5/04 summit x needs some TLC. suggestions?

X
Mar 17, 2008
Foam lake SK Canada,
-the running boards are destroyed. can they be replaced. (better boards?)
-the shocks are brutal. (are they rebuildable or should I look into some fox floats or something?) who could I send them too if they are rebuildable
-track and drivers have seen better days (I've heard a 146 xp track or a camo extreme would be the way to go)
-front end is loose (needs bushings, are there any aftermarket?

S
Jul 22, 2009
Wendell, MN
-the running boards are destroyed. can they be replaced. (better boards?)
-the shocks are brutal. (are they rebuildable or should I look into some fox floats or something?) who could I send them too if they are rebuildable
-track and drivers have seen better days (I've heard a 146 xp track or a camo extreme would be the way to go)
-front end is loose (needs bushings, are there any aftermarket?

Sounds like you recked your sled, you can't really fix the running boards you can get a new tunnel
-shocks you should just buy some new ones if they are not rebildable if they are you can take them to your skidoo dealer and have them recharged and valved.
-drivers i would put intervert drivers on them to keep your track from ratchiting.
- front end depending on how loose it is i have the same sled and they are a little loose but not bad if they are too bad there are aftermarket a-arms out there to be found good luck if you have any other questions please feel free to pm me

Kerb

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
the X should have rebuild-able shocks post up a pict
there are several places that rebuild them

how bad are the running boards if there just bent down a little
better boards are the way to go. but try to take as much of the
bow out first and the better boards will probably take out the rest

as for the front end there is a guy on dootalk that sells aftermarket
A-arm bushings at a reasonable price and never worry about them again.
the stock ones are plastic and wear out fast

T
Nov 28, 2007
seymour b.c
hammer the running boars straight, then order from skidoo the outside grip peices and drill out the old rivetts and take off the old onesand put on the new ones.i think they are about 40 bucks and just rivett on. then install better boards. the bushings in the a arms are all u need to replace but they are like 16 dollars each and you need 16 of them. if you have the 2003.5 it came with rebuildable shocks, if they are not rebuildable the stock rev ones are only 90 bucks. fox floats are very expensive. i have had to do all of this to my 04. the running boards are sagging again real bad and i just keep hammering them straight untill i do my chassis next spring.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
If you can't replace them yet, try taking the edges off and insert a piece of T6 aluminum rod down the length of the edges, 7/16 was a perfect fit in my 05 rails and only cost me around 12.00 from my local metal supermarket, they sell online but you'll pay shipping and end up closer to 20.00

Long term I plan to install rails edges off an M-series.

Premium Features