• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why are you buying a Lynx?

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
Lynx rear suspension PPS is the main reason for trenching. That has been the case since Boondocker was introduced, Doo has been way better on deep&steep allways and still is. 2023 shredder has same style track as 2022 summits but 15" wide. 2024 model should have same track as 2023 doo but 15" wide so this will help a little with trenching.
But the main reason is the desing/geometry of the boggie. Ofc extra weight also makes some effect on this.

You can reduce trenching a little bit by adjusting the rear shocks and strap limiter. First I would loosen the center shock preload by 1,5mm (one round less of preload).

All you guys need to remember that Lynx is designed for Scandinavian conditions. That means low riding elevations, mostly hard packed snow. Regular snow pack here is around 70-120cm as its best. Its very different kind of riding than high altitude conditions with bottomless powder. And there would be no point for Lynx to just copy Ski-Doo. They both perform well in their own areas.

Also should remember that DS = Summit and RE = Freeride. If you ride deep&steep, you definately should go with DS. Stiff and heavy shocks make sled harder to get on edge and also trenches more.

Last edited:
I
Feb 20, 2023
USA
Lynx rear suspension PPS is the main reason for trenching. That has been the case since Boondocker was introduced, Doo has been way better on deep&steep allways and still is. 2023 shredder has same style track as 2022 summits but 15" wide. 2024 model should have same track as 2023 doo but 15" wide so this will help a little with trenching.
But the main reason is the desing/geometry of the boggie. Ofc extra weight also makes some effect on this.

You can reduce trenching a little bit by adjusting the rear shocks and strap limiter. First I would loosen the center shock preload by 1,5mm (one round less of preload).

All you guys need to remember that Lynx is designed for Scandinavian conditions. That means low riding elevations, mostly hard packed snow. Regular snow pack here is around 70-120cm as its best. Its very different kind of riding than high altitude conditions with bottomless powder. And there would be no point for Lynx to just copy Ski-Doo. They both perform well in their own areas.

Also should remember that DS = Summit and RE = Freeride. If you ride deep&steep, you definately should go with DS. Stiff and heavy shocks make sled harder to get on edge and also trenches more.
Hi, Strap limit on second hollow?

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
Hi, Strap limit on second hollow?

If you tighten limiter strap, you need to loosen center shock preload even more. But you need to remember that both of these adjustments are going to change change overrall behaviour of the sled. Less ski lift, and increased ski pressure. I would try one change at the time so you see when you are going to right direction.

Like I said, track is one reason for trenching. I would change to 2023 Doo expert track, its 1" wider so better flotation and also lugs are different so less trenching also.

Last edited:
I
Feb 20, 2023
USA
If you tighten limiter strap, you need to loosen center shock preload even more. But you need to remember that both of these adjustments are going to change change overrall behaviour of the sled. Less ski lift, and increased ski pressure. I would try one change at the time so you see when you are going to right direction.

Like I said, track is one reason for trenching. I would change to 2023 Doo expert track, its 1" wider so better flotation and also lugs are different so less trenching also.
Thanks, how affect adjustment rear shock?

F

fltrsei97

Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Thinking about Snow checking a Lynx Shedder DS 4100, I'm currently riding a 2022 Expert Turbo 165. I've got a few questions for the people that have them;

-Is parts availability a big issue over Doo? Is the dealer able to cross reference part numbers and get you fixed up or is this a pain?
-Is the trenching issue as prevalent with the 4100?
-What is the track longevity like compared to the 22 Doo? I realize there is a new track coming for 24 but perhaps they will be similar. Would like to be able to run the trail without having to worry about loosing lugs.
-For the guys running the SLY DOG Skis, which model are you running?
-Are you loosing Deep Snow performance over the Summit X or Expert/Freeride?

-Were we ride is a bit of a unique spot, once you get to the mountains it is typical back country BC Norther Rockies. However there is 50km + Of trail to run either way from camp. Basically I'm hoping the Lynx will be a good fit as it sounds like its an awesome trail machine, (Ours aren't always the best) as well as a beast in the back country.

-Also for reference I'm 6' 5" and weigh 240lbs without gear. Any other bigger guys think this is a more robust option or is it just me?
I moved from a Summit X Expert turbo 165 to a an 4100. I like the solid feeling of the Lynx skid but I need the power of the turbo.

In a week I’m going to ride a 23 4100 turbo and swap off with my buddies 23 Summit X Expert turbo. That will seal the deal on which suits me best.

B
Dec 16, 2017
I moved from a Summit X Expert turbo 165 to a an 4100. I like the solid feeling of the Lynx skid but I need the power of the turbo.

In a week I’m going to ride a 23 4100 turbo and swap off with my buddies 23 Summit X Expert turbo. That will seal the deal on which suits me best.
Should have specified I’ll be snow checking a turbo for sure if I go with Lynx. I’d be really interested in your opinion. Please report back!

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT

I'd love to hear what sled you like the most.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
No idea on track. Big thing ia not running too fast on trail with 3 inch. Most i know that had problems were going over 50.
Best sled I've rode on trail.
Less traction than 16 wide.
My re trenches bad but limit strap is full long. Buddy said his 4100 is good.
I run slydog attack
They are more robust. 2 rivets in running board kickup, full size ski rubbers, 2 screws in clutch intake. They are just built stouter. That is why their heavier.
Terry how is steering effort on the Attack?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I've been debating about that. I even keep asking my buddy if it was easier than stock skis. He thought so. It is not harder but i don't think it is night and day. They are a little easier. They are an aggressive ski and steer where you want to go. The lynx steers harder than the expert with those skis and different spindle. The combo of those skis and spindle doesn't want to jerk the bars out of your hand. The big win on the lynx is the taper on them which gives a sweet spot when sidehilling. The fat stock skis would try and push me off the sidehill if i didn't have it over balanced. Made me work twice as hard.
Put slydogs on my wife's 9r and i don't think it steers harder but not sure. Definitely not easier on it but more precise.
I also like mohawks and tried some on a mountain max. Thought they were great until i slowed down when I brought it back. You already know how hard a cat steers. They made it harder when going slow.
Never been a fan of doo skis with that insanely deep keel combined with spindle.
I bet slydogs are 2 pounds heavier a ski than lynx skis

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I've been debating about that. I even keep asking my buddy if it was easier than stock skis. He thought so. It is not harder but i don't think it is night and day. They are a little easier. They are an aggressive ski and steer where you want to go. The lynx steers harder than the expert with those skis and different spindle. The combo of those skis and spindle doesn't want to jerk the bars out of your hand. The big win on the lynx is the taper on them which gives a sweet spot when sidehilling. The fat stock skis would try and push me off the sidehill if i didn't have it over balanced. Made me work twice as hard.
Put slydogs on my wife's 9r and i don't think it steers harder but not sure. Definitely not easier on it but more precise.
I also like mohawks and tried some on a mountain max. Thought they were great until i slowed down when I brought it back. You already know how hard a cat steers. They made it harder when going slow.
Never been a fan of doo skis with that insanely deep keel combined with spindle.
I bet slydogs are 2 pounds heavier a ski than lynx skis
Thanks.

One more question, hows the fit/function of the rubbers on the attack?

Premium Features