• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TreeDog Customs Bumper Ready for Sale!!

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Treedog - I didn't mean to bash your bumper, I think it is a good and available option for 08 and older IQ's, at the moment. However, if deep diver has to spend money to replace his hood hinge, nose cone, and fenders then why not buy the 09 version of those parts. Polaris claims a weight savings on the 09 version plus some benefits in the snow. I have an 07 sled and am looking to either get a bumper or upgrade to 09 bodywork.

I would only need to replace fenders and nose cone if I was to use the "stock" bumper set up. Of course the hood hinge is being replaced for 38.00. It would be a hard sell to replace 400.00 worth of plastic to save 3 lbs just to put on another Polaris crapola bumper system.. That would only change my power to weight ratio by .01875...thats nothing to write home about....about a zero HP increase. Wont make much of a difference to me in the snow as the front end isnt in the snow unless going down hill. Right now there are viable options out there with Treedog and others that do not utilize any of the stock plastic other than to have a place to rivet..that is no problemo. People want a bumper system that protects without costing an arm and a leg. Polaris put on a cheezy decoration that is virtually worthless and non functional. Polaris should have admitted fault in a design on what is your only safty system available and they should have done a recall on this anyway to show some corporate responsibility for poor mechanical design. I would guess that there mech. engineers never did a stress and strain calculation on that component.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Hey guys,

Bumpers are in my hands!!
Just waiting for laser cut back plates and should be to powder today!!
You will have bumpers in your hands by next week!! :D
Thanx
-T

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
TD... It's great to see a fellow SnoWester put some good ole American ingenuity and pride of workmanship into something that they actually use!

I can see that your bumper is a great concept that took lots of follow thru to make it happen....

Good luck with it my friend!!

Hope to see your sled at the show!

J
Dec 20, 2007
Ogden, Utah
like the bumper but I want that whole sled!!
very nice work! If you make a replacement bumper for the little dinky 09 polaris one in the future let me know! Cause I will buy one for sure!

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Will you be at the puyallup show ???????????????????????

Yes!! :D

I'll be there in the booth with the Bill from Mountain Fit Hoods and Brian with XXXModRods. We'll have the sled there also so you can checkout how the bumper mounts and fits, along with the cool stuff from these guys!!
Hope to see you there!! :)
Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Back Plates

FYI;

I know there has been alot of discussion of the back plate issue with the new bumper situations. I want to be sure and let everyone know that with our kit is coming a 16 gauge sheetmetal backplate, consisting of two pieces, that has been laser cut to fit around our mounting application and block off the snow from entering the front nose. This plate will suround our stuctural mounts and bolt up to the pre existing 3 holes on the top of the bulkhead and slip into the groove at the bottom of the nosepan. I will have pics of all the new black ones as soon as they are done! For those of you with this electricasl box you should be able to remount that unit on my backplate with no problem.

Thanx
-T

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Shipping update

They're here!!! :D

Those of you who have ordered will be recieving your bumpers next week in the mail.
Apparently my better half has taken the camera out of town and will be back later tonight so I might not get pics up untill tomorrow.
However I'm packaging as we speak and should hit post office tomorrow!! Worst case it will be Monday.
Thanx to everyone so far!! Keep them coming!! :):beer;

Pics up later.
Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Whats the best way to you PayPal or money order? Need to get one from you we just got a ton of snow. About time to start to ride. THANKS

Wyo,

Either way is fine!! :beer;:beer;

I'm jealous you guys got snow already!!
I talked to my Dad today, he still lives in Shepherd MT, close to Billings, they got a least a foot and it was still snowing today. I remember as a kid getting alot of snow in Billings. They haven't got much in the last few years. Kinda good to see.
Apparently he told me Red Lodge has at least 4 feet!! Thats Crazy!! How close are you to there??
Just let me know what you'd like to do and I'll get one coming!!

Thanx
-T

Last edited:
Premium Features