• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TreeDog Customs Bumper Ready for Sale!!

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Puyallup Show

You should bring a few dozen to the Puyallup Snow Show, I would buy a couple if you did.

My sled and I will be heading to the Puyallup show!! :D

Look for me with the XXXmodrods and Mountain Fit Hoods booth. I will be taking orders and should have some for sale at the show!!

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Options!

It appears Skinz is going to produce another option for the Polaris blunder. So I want to give those of you who have already ordered my product the chance for a refund if you find it more to your liking!! I will try and contact everyone who has purchased so far, but if I miss you please contact me and let me know what to do!!
Skinz is an excellent company and provides great products. If you have followed my build you all know I have some of thier products on my own sled!!
So good luck in everyone's decision and I look forward to doing buisness with you!!

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Thank You

I'd just like to THANK YOU to those of you, in loo of Skinz announcing their intentions for an older sled bumper upgrade, who had already ordered my bumper and have decided to keep your bumpers in process. :)

Let me be clear it was certainily not my intention to step on any of the great delears toes in this bumper adventure, including Skinz or TCP!!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I had seen other posts on SW that TCP was only going to do a limited run of their 08' and lower models and I believe Skinz had said they were not going to produce one at all but rather have people upgrade plastics to their 09' model.
I guess I felt the door open!! :D

I'd be embarrassed to tell you how much $$ I given to Polaris for new front plastics for all my sleds of 05'-08'!! (Hence the name TreeDog!! :eek:)
So when this rebuild started my intention was to do something to help stop that bleeding process. With my build partner and I sitting there with two broken front ends, and necessity being the mother of all invention, we had our brains working overtime and so this bumper design was developed.

Agian we appreciate all of the response and orders thus far and look to continue the production and sales of the TreeDog front bumper!! :D
So Keep those orders coming!!
Good luck with your decisions.
Thanx
-T

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Bumper

TTT!!

Bye the way to those of you who have ordered, we should be hitting powder on Wend 8Th and hopefully shipping by Friday or Saturday!!

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Do you have photos of a black bumper? You told me in a PM it was textured, would like to see before i order one. Thankx

Hey Wyo!!

I'll be taking the first batch to powder on Wend, so I'll post pics as soon as they are done!! ;)
The textured black looks almost identical to the stock polaris black fenders and side panels.

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
How many are you bringing to the Puyallup????

Dave,

We are filliing orders 1st, and then we will continue to produce as many as possible untill the show. My partner Tim with Renegade Metalworks whos doing the welding is going elk hunting for a while which might slow it up a little but I think we'll deffinately have some for the show!! ;)

Thanx
-T

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Toby...would love to have one of your bumper setups for my sled...I think they look great and the install looks super. Let me know what I need to send you to get one... SIGN ME UP.

Thanks.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Treedog..you mentioned that you were looking at how to connect the hood hinge and make a block out plate for the removal of the stock bumper. Any progress with that option?

The reason I ask is that for your current bumper I would have to replace my hood hinge(which I have on order) nose cone and both fenders and the stock bumper as all are slightly damaged. The fenders are just damaged where the stock bumper screws in to the cheap arse little threaded places. As of today I only have very expensive options. Yours only needs a connecting part for the hood hinge and a block out piece that could be riveted in or push pins for the hole created by the removal of the stock bumper. Please dont use the stock threaded holes for anything,

Thank you.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Treedog..you mentioned that you were looking at how to connect the hood hinge and make a block out plate for the removal of the stock bumper. Any progress with that option?

The reason I ask is that for your current bumper I would have to replace my hood hinge(which I have on order) nose cone and both fenders and the stock bumper as all are slightly damaged. The fenders are just damaged where the stock bumper screws in to the cheap arse little threaded places. As of today I only have very expensive options. Yours only needs a connecting part for the hood hinge and a block out piece that could be riveted in or push pins for the hole created by the removal of the stock bumper. Please dont use the stock threaded holes for anything,

Thank you.

Deep, I PM'd you!!
Thanx
-T

H
Dec 4, 2007
NW

Thank you.

Deepdiver, why don't you just upgrade to the 09 bodywork? Its 3-4 lbs lighter and might also increase the resell value of the sled down the road.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Deepdiver, why don't you just upgrade to the 09 bodywork? Its 3-4 lbs lighter and might also increase the resell value of the sled down the road.

Highmarker,

I can't speak for anyone but myself but the entire reason for this bumper option for me is that I was tired of giving Polaris more and more $$ for their lack of design!! Don't get me wrong I'm a Polaris guy to the end, but if you look at the 09', that one even being a little ?, I think even they will say the 05'-08' front end design was a little weak.
And I'm certainly not saying that my idea is all that and a bag of potato chips, but it should help a little.
My partner Tim with Renegade Metal works has been in the metal fab industry most of his life, 40+ years and has had a truck in magazines for his builds and creative ideas!! This bumper is not just a bone head idea, weve takin some time to make a quality jig and create a good consistent and reliable product for sledders such as we are.

Thanx
-T

Last edited:
H
Dec 4, 2007
NW
Treedog - I didn't mean to bash your bumper, I think it is a good and available option for 08 and older IQ's, at the moment. However, if deep diver has to spend money to replace his hood hinge, nose cone, and fenders then why not buy the 09 version of those parts. Polaris claims a weight savings on the 09 version plus some benefits in the snow. I have an 07 sled and am looking to either get a bumper or upgrade to 09 bodywork.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Treedog - I didn't mean to bash your bumper, I think it is a good and available option for 08 and older IQ's, at the moment. However, if deep diver has to spend money to replace his hood hinge, nose cone, and fenders then why not buy the 09 version of those parts. Polaris claims a weight savings on the 09 version plus some benefits in the snow. I have an 07 sled and am looking to either get a bumper or upgrade to 09 bodywork.

Hey no worries here!!

I just thought I should put everyone at ease, in the fact that they should be glad I'm not the one welding!!:eek: You know, give some credit where credits do!! :D
I probably could'nt weld my way out of a paper bag. (lol!!) My partner Tim is unbelieveable in the things I've seen him do however. I'm just in the design, sales and service end. My fortay so to speak!!
Good luck with your decision!!
Thanx
-T

Premium Features