• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Fabled 60 days when are they up???

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
My dealer says August which probably means late September and everyone is going to want it done in time for the season. Damn!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
They did announce the fix, they brought back the 700!

If they had a sure-fire fix they felt confident about, we would have heard by now.

S
Nov 27, 2007
SK
my 2 cents

I have confirmation from a very senior person within Polaris that they are currently ramping up kits to address the 800 fix prior to dealers sending out notices to customers this summer.

This person has provided the information as a favor to me knowing full well that there are many unhappy Polaris 800 owners at the moment. I have no reason to doubt the information.

I hope this helps....enjoy your summer!

Sasky

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
apparently there is a fax out there with some news

I have not seen it, mabey someone can post it on here for us all to view

R
Dec 9, 2007
Blackie, Alberta
Here is a copy from Hardcore Sledder forum.

Polaris Industries 6/29/2009 6:27 PAGE 001/001 Fax Server
T — A I N fl 0 II I N A T I 0 N
______ LflflI
Polaris Industries
Snowmobile Division
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340
June 26, 2009
Dear Polaris Dealer:
We want to update you on our progress in addressing the problems some of our customers are experiencing with our 800 SDI engines.
We have developed a solution that will be available shortly. We have spent many hours evaluating the cause of the problems, identifying solutions and validating the changes on the dyno and on snow. We are confident our 800 engines will deliver the durability and performance you and your customers expect from Polaris.
We will provide complete details on the solution for the MY1O 800 as well as the fix for your MYO8/09 customers as follows:
What When Co”ents
Dealer Webinar July 15, 2009 Technical update; MY ‘08109 solution
Dealer Sales Meeting July 22-23 Reps available to answer questions
MYO8/09 Service Bulletin Mid-August Subject to timing of EPA approval
MYO8/09 Parts Availability Mid-August
MYO8/09 Consumer Letter Mid-August Direct consumer communication
MY1O Retail Webinar Sept 1 Fall retail programs
As we previously communicated, our #1 priority is dealer and customer satisfaction. We will stand by our product.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your customers. We appreciate your continued support.
Regards,
7_ •-&--
Scott Swenson
Vice President, Snowmobile Division

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Here is a copy from Hardcore Sledder forum.

Polaris Industries 6/29/2009 6:27 PAGE 001/001 Fax Server
T — A I N fl 0 II I N A T I 0 N
______ LflflI
Polaris Industries
Snowmobile Division
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340
June 26, 2009
Dear Polaris Dealer:
We want to update you on our progress in addressing the problems some of our customers are experiencing with our 800 SDI engines.
We have developed a solution that will be available shortly. We have spent many hours evaluating the cause of the problems, identifying solutions and validating the changes on the dyno and on snow. We are confident our 800 engines will deliver the durability and performance you and your customers expect from Polaris.
We will provide complete details on the solution for the MY1O 800 as well as the fix for your MYO8/09 customers as follows:
What When Co”ents
Dealer Webinar July 15, 2009 Technical update; MY ‘08109 solution
Dealer Sales Meeting July 22-23 Reps available to answer questions
MYO8/09 Service Bulletin Mid-August Subject to timing of EPA approval
MYO8/09 Parts Availability Mid-August
MYO8/09 Consumer Letter Mid-August Direct consumer communication
MY1O Retail Webinar Sept 1 Fall retail programs
As we previously communicated, our #1 priority is dealer and customer satisfaction. We will stand by our product.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your customers. We appreciate your continued support.
Regards,
7_ •-&--
Scott Swenson
Vice President, Snowmobile Division

The second post on this thread says that March 19th was the date of the original letter from Polaris, on the fix for the 800. 60 days was May 18th the post above was 114 days from the fabled 60 days for a fix!! Hope its a good one, I'm pumped about getting a new top end, got 1400 trouble free miles on the original but see some scoring when I pull the exhaust valves.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Should be by the end of August.

Not exactly 60 days but no one said if it was calander days or man hour days or executive days..Hmmmmm???

Premium Features