• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Fabled 60 days when are they up???

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Look I realize your pissed as you should be but if you've lost all this time and lost those great rides please get a damb power comander III there has been no piston failures that I've heard of with these and it will surely help even after the fix cause you can still tweek the EPA stuff out, I'm sure after the fix that Dyno Jim will get a new map out for the pc III,\.

You can always make more money but a day lost from riding is gone forever

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Look I realize your pissed as you should be but if you've lost all this time and lost those great rides please get a damb power comander III there has been no piston failures that I've heard of with these and it will surely help even after the fix cause you can still tweek the EPA stuff out, I'm sure after the fix that Dyno Jim will get a new map out for the pc III,\.

You can always make more money but a day lost from riding is gone forever

On the bold, NOT TRUE.

www.hardcoresledder.com

Still piston failures even after the installation the PC III.

I have a PC III on my D-7, got it and the mapping from DYNOTECH Jim, great set-up, one of the best mods I ever bought ($365.00 w/mapping and shipping www.dynotechresearch.com) Jim's also available for tech support via cell phone, something you don't see too much these days.

The fuel mapping is only 1/2 the problem with the 800's.

The piston/jug/etc. is a seperate and still ongoing issue that remains unresolved.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
I think the issue is... Please give us information. I purchased a 08 that didn't arrive until January of 09. That was the first disappointment. It didn't run worth a Sh** from day one. Test flash in February...didn't run. Another production flash in March....didn't run. A Third flash in late April at the end of the season and the sled ran OK, much like the current model runs good, but not great.

I had a full season of a sled that didn't run, 5 mouths of this, and then the piston clearance took it out 600 miles later in January of 2010. Two weeks later new top end and it ran pretty good, for 600 miles and then it went down again. 7 weeks later at the very end of the 2009-2010 season I get it back and it still isn't right. That’s two full seasons of problem every month that I put it on the snow, and in the shop for 9 week this year alone.

Many on here much like myself are tired of hearing that a fix is coming and the only way to get any information is on a site like this. No Customer got a letter from Polaris only the dealers recieved this letter, which wasn't shared with me. The polaris reps at the snow expo and at the jackson hill climbs wouldn't even acknolage the letter or the problem. If it hadn't been posted by members of this forum most of us wouldn't even know that Polaris has acknowledged that there even is a problem and that they are working on a solution.(can you say not accountablity)

I for one would love for Polaris to send me a letter personally and let me know they regret the problem I have had or may have had and they are working with ------- and will let me know what they come up with by-----.

Maybe just a little personal assurance would go a long ways as stated above.

How anybody could defend Polais who has had to go though even a quarter of the problems that I have had, with the Dealer not having any answers, and being told you are the only one we have ever heard having a problem, for over a year. Add to that the the setting for the best part of this season (9 weeks) without the parts to fix my sled, is beyond me.

I thought God is the only one I know who has this kind of forgiveness, but I'm trying and a little help on Polair's part, wouldn't hurt.

R
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Heard this week that the "recall" should be out in within 2 weeks for all 08 and 09 800's . New Pistons, head, and programing, possibly an exhaust change. Test sleds have been in Iceland for a few weeks now.

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
do you remember the last time they had test sleds in iceland in june. they were rmk 900 s. in late 05. we all know how that turned out!

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I went to hardcore and couldn't find the thread on the pcIII's , sorry if i miss led but I still haven't heard of a failure with one. That being said the next few guys are dead on it's been a problem with this company since I can remember, the guys that know are so scared to say anything for fear of their job. and the management is so far away from being a rider and customer that everything they do is based on very poor business decisions so the customers just get madder and madder when all they need is an acknowledgement and some reassurence, also the high up but not way high guys are afraid to say anything , but they know what's going on then try the dealer help line, most every time it's ; boy your the first one ; even thou you heard of several others your self, only thing I can say it's corporate america and it sucks

R

rideh2o

Oct 16, 2001
Polson, Montana
I understand what your saying rmk727. The pcIII will give the rider the ability to help with the “squeak problem” but the rider should not have to worry or mess with the sled.

My post is about my loss as a recreation enthusiast that has spent ( lost ) a considerable amount of money and time due to a manufacturer's problem.

I have experienced good customer service from other manufacturers and I can tell ya that Polaris is not stepping up to the plate and providing "quality" customer service from the corporate level.

It seems perplexing to me that a premiere dealer can find the recipe to avoid this major engine issue and Polaris has not.

I have owned 11 Polaris sleds in the last 10 years. These last few years have been difficult to say the least. At some point Polaris will force me to jump ship. I’m glad I’m a good swimmer.

My advice is to get your head out of you’re A$$ and become proactive instead of reactive MR. P !

Thanks for letting me vent!

Ed McCurdy
RideH2o
406-883-6600

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I went to hardcore and couldn't find the thread on the pcIII's , sorry if i miss led but I still haven't heard of a failure with one. That being said the next few guys are dead on it's been a problem with this company since I can remember, the guys that know are so scared to say anything for fear of their job. and the management is so far away from being a rider and customer that everything they do is based on very poor business decisions so the customers just get madder and madder when all they need is an acknowledgement and some reassurence, also the high up but not way high guys are afraid to say anything , but they know what's going on then try the dealer help line, most every time it's ; boy your the first one ; even thou you heard of several others your self, only thing I can say it's corporate america and it sucks

It's a thread titles 800 DRAGONS post how many miles good/bad

Approx 2 months ago, they list mods (if any) how many miles to grenade, etc.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Thanks I'm headed there next
Rideh20; what you said 100% Iv'e been around and raced Polaris since 1977 seen em rize to the top then go corporate and slowly die only thing keeps me around is the boys in Roseau cuz I know they will prevail if Medina lets em

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Thanks I'm headed there next
Rideh20; what you said 100% Iv'e been around and raced Polaris since 1977 seen em rize to the top then go corporate and slowly die only thing keeps me around is the boys in Roseau cuz I know they will prevail if Medina lets em

rmk727;

I tried finding the exact topic title but struck out, however I ran across a post from some other guy quoting Indy Dan re: the piston issues. Indy Dan goes on to say that the piston failure is due to heat as a result of (3) things:

1)the single piston rings,

2) the exhaust valve restricting the coolant flow around the front

3) 800cc's of displacement being "squeezed" into too small of a package.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
JUNE 2, 2009 UPDATE FROM WILLE (SERVICE MANAGER @ POLARIS DEALER IN CANADA) ON AMSNOW

Polaris don't told us yet wich part we will have to change on the 09 800 CFI. The only thing we know, is that the new kit had been validated on dyno, on Polaris track and in the trail on customer sleds (few). The service bulletin will be publish in september 2009. Don't expect to get new before this month. The new kit have a pretty good durability, the fuel economy is in the average and the HP and performance are there. THAT'S ALL I KNOW NOW. thanks

Polaris parts and service manager
JG Busque inc.
Saint-Georges, QC
Canada

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Thanks for the update Kraven. Sounds like the infomation is currently avalavble so it should only be a matter of time before the rumor mill get it out to all of us. I wish there was a better way of getting imformation from polairs.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
JUNE 2, 2009 UPDATE FROM WILLE (SERVICE MANAGER @ POLARIS DEALER IN CANADA) ON AMSNOW

Polaris don't told us yet wich part we will have to change on the 09 800 CFI. The only thing we know, is that the new kit had been validated on dyno, on Polaris track and in the trail on customer sleds (few). The service bulletin will be publish in september 2009. Don't expect to get new before this month. The new kit have a pretty good durability, the fuel economy is in the average and the HP and performance are there. THAT'S ALL I KNOW NOW. thanks

Polaris parts and service manager
JG Busque inc.
Saint-Georges, QC
Canada

If the fix is as good as this guys grammar and spelling...............

We are completely screwed. :rolleyes:

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
read this this afternoon, called dealer, knows nothing???

typical?

just like the tech bulletin that i had to give them the number on to look at the pistons in my dragon?

september?
in other words if i take it in i won't get it back til jan??

i am glad it still goes at this point:mad::(:confused:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
This is truly ridiculous. It is beyond my comprehension how they think they are going to maintain a customer base with this type of service. The dealers are left completely in the dark and will continue to be until parts show up on their doorstep. Sept is when people want their snowcheck sleds in hand! Not when they want hear about how they are going to have your sled fixed by Jan after 2 years of issues.
They are failing to realize the small customer base that is the snowmobile community. Polaris has not produced a reliable 800 since ???? now that I think about it when have they produced a reliable 800? :confused: The 900 was a disaster for the company and it would seem they learned nothing from the experience. We all make mistakes and are allowed to do so, but one would hope to learn from them.
No letters are sent to the consumers or dealers. No phone calls are ever made. Consumers who are already on the fence certainly aren't being pushed to lean towards the Polaris side. How many of us have made calls, had warranty issues etc. with not so much as any kind of follow up as to our product satisfaction? Personally, I would think just looking at this forum alone would light a fire under some butts. A nice phone call or anything giving us the status of what is going on.
Sorry about my rant, but this is really getting old. Back in 07 we waited and waited and waited some more for our sleds to show up. Then, many of them were plagued with issues everything from the obvious running issues to shock problems etc. Then many of you were blessed to go through the exact same thing for the 08/09 season. And now hear we all sit once again, waiting for ye ol magic potion. This isn't really what I and I would guess most of you signed up for when we handed Polaris $10500 of our hard earned dollars. Sorry I'm done now :D :beer;

Premium Features