• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Fabled 60 days when are they up???

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Sounds like your dealer is a little short on the stick. After every warrenty claim the customer gets a survey in the mail results affect a dealers csi score. Poo purposely keeps dealers in the dark cuz they actually talk to the consumer and I guess that's bad. The 900 thing is a long interesting story but in a nut shell a corporate know it all pushed it threw cuz he knew more than the boobs in Roseau that knew it wouldn't work (all the late testing in Iceland) but these guys fear for their jobs cus for sure no one in Medina makes mistakes it's always the engineers fault then they only wanted a few built but the suit pushed big numbers so as to stay ahead of Doo. Lucky us he retired. Remember the low numbers of d7's then 08 d8's they were a little scared out of the shoot. They know this is a good motor and will be with us a while in a couple different stages. someday we might even find out why itcame out with te glitch's it's got. In hind sight another year of 700's would have kept Poo in good graces but were we the riding public willing to wait?
Knowing now sure we would,then they made such a good 700 we couldn't wait for the 800 if it had worked perfect i bet they would be slammed for not having a 1000 we can be our own worst enemy not to say they didn't screw up and screw us.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Sounds like your dealer is a little short on the stick. After every warrenty claim the customer gets a survey in the mail results affect a dealers csi score. Poo purposely keeps dealers in the dark cuz they actually talk to the consumer and I guess that's bad. The 900 thing is a long interesting story but in a nut shell a corporate know it all pushed it threw cuz he knew more than the boobs in Roseau that knew it wouldn't work (all the late testing in Iceland) but these guys fear for their jobs cus for sure no one in Medina makes mistakes it's always the engineers fault then they only wanted a few built but the suit pushed big numbers so as to stay ahead of Doo. Lucky us he retired. Remember the low numbers of d7's then 08 d8's they were a little scared out of the shoot. They know this is a good motor and will be with us a while in a couple different stages. someday we might even find out why itcame out with te glitch's it's got. In hind sight another year of 700's would have kept Poo in good graces but were we the riding public willing to wait?
Knowing now sure we would,then they made such a good 700 we couldn't wait for the 800 if it had worked perfect i bet they would be slammed for not having a 1000 we can be our own worst enemy not to say they didn't screw up and screw us.

I'll have what your having :D

H
Feb 16, 2009
Polaris in question...

Lets get the facts straight . From reading and waiting , did polaris admit there was a problem with the new cfi 800 motor ? Mine ran great ,But is now in my sight. If polaris posted news that there will be a follow up in 60 day's and there is not...What do we do ? and what can we do?

Can we say they have gambled in this situation and opted to flat out lie !

It can't be true.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
shhhhh don't tell poo but i asked if i should fix one up that's down right now or wait for the up date they replied that if it's OK with the customer wait the update will be soon, read into it as to what the kit will be

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin

I know this is a mountain forum, but a news flash for you: The 700s weren't all that great in the flatlands either. Lots of us coughed up $$$ for the first ones and we had issues with them as well - the '08s weren't any better (some say worse yet). MOST of them would last more than 1000 miles, thought. Even though mine was an "underachiever" for performance, at least it was reliable. I guess I have to disagree about customers always wanting "something bigger", also. Most of us would have been happy with what it was we bought IF IT ACTUALLY RAN AS PROMISED. None of this "promise 150HP, deliver 140HP" stuff.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I know this is a mountain forum, but a news flash for you: The 700s weren't all that great in the flatlands either. Lots of us coughed up $$$ for the first ones and we had issues with them as well - the '08s weren't any better (some say worse yet). MOST of them would last more than 1000 miles, thought. Even though mine was an "underachiever" for performance, at least it was reliable. I guess I have to disagree about customers always wanting "something bigger", also. Most of us would have been happy with what it was we bought IF IT ACTUALLY RAN AS PROMISED. None of this "promise 150HP, deliver 140HP" stuff.

:beer; well said. I'm really surprised that manufactures are putting so much effort into hp #'s. Make a reliable 130hp motor and spend more time on creating an efficient drive system. The CVT system drops somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% of it's power by the time it gets to the track. A motorcycle only drops in the vicinity of 15%. Seems like a lot of power to be had.
I've never really bought that the consumer wants newer better every year excuse either especially at the cost of reliability. It seems more like the manufactures are in an imaginary race with each other and are using the consumer to do final product testing. This sport tends to be very brand loyal and people want the best from their product rather than getting burned repeatedly by a company they have shown loyalty to for the past 20yrs.
Sorry a little off topic.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
:beer; well said. I'm really surprised that manufactures are putting so much effort into hp #'s. Make a reliable 130hp motor and spend more time on creating an efficient drive system. The CVT system drops somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% of it's power by the time it gets to the track. A motorcycle only drops in the vicinity of 15%. Seems like a lot of power to be had.
I've never really bought that the consumer wants newer better every year excuse either especially at the cost of reliability. It seems more like the manufactures are in an imaginary race with each other and are using the consumer to do final product testing. This sport tends to be very brand loyal and people want the best from their product rather than getting burned repeatedly by a company they have shown loyalty to for the past 20yrs.
Sorry a little off topic.

very good point!

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
:eek:can't really speak to the flatland stuff but I disagree with the 700's beening bad. The first ones (07) performed better than everyone elses 800's, the 08 rmk's with SLP pipe and some good clutching ran better than alot of 800's ;all brands; and are still running, infact I have yet to see a failure or experience an owner of one that isn't just plain happy andI'm around alot of em. IMO the factories are not using us as their field testers it's just that we will jump ship at the notion that the next thing we buy will make us the best rider on the mountain and this gives them precious little time to get a product to market so they rush and I think we can agree that all sled makers have some less than perfect stuff out there. I agree on the drive train idea but isn't that why we are using Team clutchs now and if the D8 is only 144 hp how can it preform with the Doo 155hp? Sometimes in our frustrations we forget that all these guys are not stupid they are driven to come up with the best product to compete for your cash and truly they all want to make the best one out there it's in their nature to do so.Now corporate is an thread on it's own they (corp) suck

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
How about we stay on point here folks. This is a thread about the rumored warranty fix for the 2008 & 2009 Dragon 800 motor problems. I sure wish that Polaris would get off their butts and get the fix to the dealers so the repairs can begin. There are a lot of sleds out there and the dealers need to start repairing them as soon as possible ot there will be an impossible backlog.

I have a 2008 Dragon 800 that I want to sell. It is kind of tough to pull that off when the top end is off of it awaiting parts. Are you guys in Roseau listening? We are beginning to lose our patience. We are loyal customers and you have stiffed us for two years on this motor problem. Quit blaming it on everything else and admit that you made a mistake and fix it. Otherwise, you might see your company going the way of Chrysler and GM except I don't think that Uncle Sam is going to step in save your miserable carcass. 15 or 20 years from now people will be riding vintage Polaris sleds along with the John Deere's and other long defunct brands. Get us our damn fix and make sure it works PLEASE!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
The fix is already out you guys must have missed it. It was called snowcheck, if you snow check a 2010 it will have the fix MMM Maybe. Pretty sad a guy can not even try to sell his outfit because they can't get it fixed. to tell the truth around here people are not wanting polaris any more as tyhere are to many issues that seem to be unfixable from the factory. In the mean time they just keep blowing up. in all my sledding life i have always been polaris never another brand ever. But if i were buying it would not be a polaris. i live in a small area and the new 800s here do nothing but fail. I know every one would like it fixed but the facts speak for them selves for many years know. the only way to make a polaris 800 live is to spend more money and have an after market company fix it for you. thats sad. Why do people keep buying these sleds? Whats happening is not just to a few people it's a bunch. Does any really beleive that polasris will do any better in 2010? Why would they with loyal followers that continue to buy no matter what. i have come to beleive that this is just how it is and will be, always. How are they getting away with this over such a long period of time? Is there really nothing the consumer can do? short of going to an after market company? are these things considered lemons or not? sorry but this is all bs as for the consumer, sorry i did not sleep well last night.

H

HSR

Nov 28, 2007
Atikokan,Ont
Just curious there Hardass but who in the aftermarket is doing what to make the 800's last????First I heard of an aftermarket fix,,,,what did they correct??TIA
Steve

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
pc III to remedy fuel map lean spots to cure stumble and burn down, also leans the top end for better performance, of then you have to take into acount some people will go to far and have a burn down anyway??

M
Mar 14, 2008
MI
The fix is already out you guys must have missed it. It was called snowcheck, if you snow check a 2010 it will have the fix MMM Maybe. Pretty sad a guy can not even try to sell his outfit because they can't get it fixed. to tell the truth around here people are not wanting polaris any more as tyhere are to many issues that seem to be unfixable from the factory. In the mean time they just keep blowing up. in all my sledding life i have always been polaris never another brand ever. But if i were buying it would not be a polaris. i live in a small area and the new 800s here do nothing but fail. I know every one would like it fixed but the facts speak for them selves for many years know. the only way to make a polaris 800 live is to spend more money and have an after market company fix it for you. thats sad. Why do people keep buying these sleds? Whats happening is not just to a few people it's a bunch. Does any really beleive that polasris will do any better in 2010? Why would they with loyal followers that continue to buy no matter what. i have come to beleive that this is just how it is and will be, always. How are they getting away with this over such a long period of time? Is there really nothing the consumer can do? short of going to an after market company? are these things considered lemons or not? sorry but this is all bs as for the consumer, sorry i did not sleep well last night.
I heard polaris will take this engine problem one step futher for 2010 and deliver the sleds allready blow up......

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Hsr i was talking about things already mentioned, and the older 8s that indy dan has the parts to repair them with, polaris would not even sell you a repair part. This has really been going on since 2000. when the new 800 came out every one was talking it up like sliced bread . Now that there is some time on them look where it's at again. you would think that the people that built these sleds would be able to take care of it ,but i guess not. The thing i have a hard time with is every year people keep buying and every year they keep failing. and this will continue. It seems to be acceptable to alot of people. And it also appears polaris does not have to do much if any thing to fix it. i see my polaris parts are in wrappers with made in china on them Is this ware the sleds are really made?

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I know what your saying Hardass. 00-04 800 BB had legendary crank issues, 05-06 900's had legendary issues in general, 07 700 gave me a little faith, 08-09 800's may be the biggest years flop yet for reliability. I've always favored Polaris too but you have to wonder what their thinking. Can they build a reliable 800cc plus mountain sled? The Cat M8's have never been a strong 800 but they are reliable. I always thought Skidoo had the worst reliability on the mountain but now I'm not so sure. If Polaris keeps this up they won't be in the sled building business much longer. This may be the straw that breaks the camels back if they don't get this 800Cfi issue resolved. I hope they get it right the first time because it's a great chassis. Nobody can stay faithful to a brand with almost a decade of let downs.

Last edited:
I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
It's so sad because it's very tough to find anything that's not made in China. I just bought some Carhart work clothes and they are made in China. WTF Buy American. If you don't think it matters in this "Global Economy" your a retard.

Anyhow are those 800's fixed yet???

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
It's so sad because it's very tough to find anything that's not made in China. I just bought some Carhart work clothes and they are made in China. WTF Buy American. If you don't think it matters in this "Global Economy" your a retard.

Anyhow are those 800's fixed yet???

nope, but they will take em in this fall and have them inside for you all winter:face-icon-small-sho:rolleyes::confused::(

Premium Features