• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"PUFF" The Magic DRAGON Review

S
Dec 20, 2007
Had my 09 d8 bd kit running in Cooke this last week at 8.4 pounds of boost on straight vp 110 fuel. Sled ran great but really had to mess with my # alot day to day it seemed when making along pull the egt's would really build up 1305-1325 and Id pull out of the climb. Anyone else have this problem. And is it possable to have the #'s to rich and the egt's would give you a lean reading say the high psi # is set at 70? This was the only thing I had a problem with all week that I was always messing with #'s

I think Bd has updated #s from what your running. My high is at 60, Bd #s and im running the Sunnoco 110 purple I believe im a bit rich. My EGTs are are in the 1200 range at 6-7000 Rmp and cool down a bit from there at WOT. Lots of extra lube in leaded race fuel. If yours is like mine, good luck reading the wash. My pistons look like pencile lead, no carbon no wash a just shinny lead gloss everywhere. It makes for a real tuff read but i think the lube is there.

Ken Climb

Premium Member
You guy's sure seem conservative when it comes to boost and fuel. My buds run 7-8lbs on premium from 4-6,000' with there BD turbo's. My one cat bud with his PG BD M8 runs 8-9lbs all the time with just premium and at 4-6500'.

Rode Reid Hedlunds (Boondockers Canada) PG 09 dragon 800 Hard all day sunday. I've ridden many boosted sleds and that thing is by far the snappiest most responsive turbo'd sled I've ridden. Not a bog or fart all day long just instant throttle response! You can rip down a hill blip the throttle and spank jumps. I was super impressed with this fun little sled. Not the most powerfull.......but definitely the most funnest all around sled I've ridden!

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
You guy's sure seem conservative when it comes to boost and fuel. My buds run 7-8lbs on premium from 4-6,000' with there BD turbo's. My one cat bud with his PG BD M8 runs 8-9lbs all the time with just premium and at 4-6500'.

Rode Reid Hedlunds (Boondockers Canada) PG 09 dragon 800 Hard all day sunday. I've ridden many boosted sleds and that thing is by far the snappiest most responsive turbo'd sled I've ridden. Not a bog or fart all day long just instant throttle response! You can rip down a hill blip the throttle and spank jumps. I was super impressed with this fun little sled. Not the most powerfull.......but definitely the most funnest all around sled I've ridden!

sounds like you have one on order or need too,

i'd tell the misses you need one for your health, happy people live longer

Ken Climb

Premium Member
I've ridden many other 2 stroke turbo's and have been only so so impressed. This Sled of Reids (Boondockers Canada Owner) Has had alot of time and tricks invested into tuning clutching etc
His 09 Dragon that i rode is basically what the RTR's will be like.

I guess you could say that this sled is the First Canadian built Dragon 800 RTR sled. You'd all be impressed!

Premium Features