• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll: Polaris snow check 2024

Which Polaris configuration will you order for 2024?

• Total voters

Snowman10

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
If I had one sled that I wanted to snow check, it would be a 9R, 155" with a 2.75 track. I have ridden a friends and it's a great machine. I currently have a 2019 850 Rmk with a BD turbo that rocks. I am not sold on the durability of the Boost with all of the problems that I have been hearing about (Low pressure fuel code, etc.). I know a guy that has his in the shop more than he has used it and the Polaris engineers still can't figure out what is wrong with it.
You better have an extra sled available if you own a boost.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If I had one sled that I wanted to snow check, it would be a 9R, 155" with a 2.75 track. I have ridden a friends and it's a great machine. I currently have a 2019 850 Rmk with a BD turbo that rocks. I am not sold on the durability of the Boost with all of the problems that I have been hearing about (Low pressure fuel code, etc.). I know a guy that has his in the shop more than he has used it and the Polaris engineers still can't figure out what is wrong with it.
You better have an extra sled available if you own a boost.
Betting that is the broken wires in the harness. Throws that code and runs for a minute and then not. Then won't pull boost. Seems like mainly a 23 issue. Buddy fixed it himself with parts off gm harness and has been stellar but ruined a day on a trip.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Checked a 9r with green limited color. 2.75 track and gauge, with Estart. $22,663
Most certain keeping current Khaos as a spare. I hope they get the clutch thing figured out by next season.

M
Dec 3, 2018
My first snow check. My current sled is a 19' 850 155 with a cut tunnel and a few other mods. I really like it, big gear down makes it an absolute ripper, but its getting a little long in the tooth and would need a fair bit of money put in to make it another couple years as a primary sled. This year I felt like I was really able to ride the sled to it full potential/use all the power, so it was time to upgrade. Went with a Boost khaos slash 165. Gonna take a risk on the 3.25 track as well.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Going from a 165 NA 850 Khaos to a 155 Boost Pro with the 3.25. Few friends have rode the 9R, they said its great off the start, but turns into an 850 in the top end which to them and myself makes it not seem worth the huge price increase and at that point spend the extra $400 for a boost. So that's what I am doing. I went with the Black Crystal/Shadow Gray/Radiant Green on the panels with black spindles, tunnel and rails. Rode a friends Pro 163 boost for a bit at Seeley end of Jan when it was pretty deep, I expected it to be out of control with the traction, but it seemed pretty dang manageable.

Premium Features