• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please help... trying to get newbie sledder back on the snow.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm trying to help out a young sledder, a working sled-bum, with his 2005 900 RMK...he's pretty broke and his sled is in sad shape... But it was all he could afford... he's a pretty talented rider but his sled is pretty broken down.

Toddssled-1.jpg

He dropped his "Nest egg" on the sled and got taken to the cleaners:face-icon-small-dis... I'd like to help him out

I'll be setting him up with a lot of parts out of my pocket and need some other help.

I'll be dontating my labor as well as some other local shops helping out with welding and mild fab work.

I'd like to help get him fixed up with some good used parts for his sled...

If you have any of these parts...Please PM me or email me at mhorseRMK@gmail.com let me know what your price is.

I'm looking for the following

2008 or 2009 RMK spindles

IQ RMK tie rod boots (any year)

900 RMK boost box (airbox plenum that clamps to the throttle bodies)

Team 66/42 Helix

rebuildable IQ RMK front ski and rear skid shocks

19-42 or 18-40 gearing

some good used 3211115 belts

Vents, 10-70 or 11-68 weights

PowderPro/Gripper/SlyDogs skis

4" block style riser

SLP torque arms/stops

2006 front motor mounts

Heavy duty Rear springs

Last edited:
A
Aug 9, 2008
i was just on ebay and there is a guy parting out a dragon 08 700 on there and i asked him to post the ecu for me if he had one and he did. He might have some of these other parts to work to i know he has a spindle maybe two ill keep my eyes peeled though

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I have some home made vents that I put on my lexan hood, ah hell you guys want the hood too? pay me shipping and it yours
The hood is so so it has a couple zip tied cracks but works flawlessly has a cheap fog lamp on it also
I also have a timber sled relocation bracket for the tach i dont see myself ever using

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Eric, Ill have to check on the gears and might have the helix floating around somewhere!

Ill let ya know!

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
u guys/gals...

As a recipient of SW'er generosity, I can only shake my head and smile. If you are in need and a legitimate candidate, this has proven to be a site where all the good people hang out and help one another. If I had some of those "contemporary" parts, I would give freely. I like coming here just to keep my spirits up and my body going.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Eric,
I have a few parts laying around but nothing you have listed. I'll ask around, nice that you are helping him. We all had someone help us in one way or another-that's what sledding is all about IMO.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I have tons of 900 parts.

I have 2 sets of the stock skis with good carbides, whole front suspension minus the track shocks, chassis with tons of good mounts, new chain case cover, tunnel, all the steering parts. Make me an offer on it and i'll give you the whole sled.

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
To All:
All I can say to all of you guys out there that are or will be helping out this young man is thanks. You guys are the ones that make snowmobiling the best sport in the world. To willing offer up parts that aren't cheap for nothing or right there near it speaks volumes for the kind of people you are. Keep up the good work.

Mountainhorse: I'll look in my box of parts and see what I can find for you. I'll also hit my dealer and see if he has anyhting that I can get a hold of.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
MH, are the stock RydeFX shocks off a non sno-check 2006 900 RMK the rebuildable ones?

If so, later this week or early next week I will have a set of them I can sell you that are in really good shape ... as soon as I get the Holz unit in the stockers won't be needed anymore :)

I will also have the 225# front track spring and a Carl's swaybar (fusion swaybar) if you want those as well.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
RMK4life,

Yes, people like you and others on this forum make this whole sledding experience all that much better ..

thank you for the efforts..

dogmeat, pm'd you.

BIG THANKS TO ALL !!!

still looking for a lot on this list still.. found the skis, the boost box and some other small stuff.

Pray for snow!!

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Wish I could help. The only stuff I have is the stock stuff that I replaced with the performance goodies. Let me know if ya need a head, exhaust, or reeds. Sounds like ya probly got it tho. :devil:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Anyone have any take-off 2008/2009 RMK spindles?

Still need the tie rod boots, HD rear springs, a rebuildable front-track shock, torque arms and stops, a lefty throttle, and some 10-68 weights.

Any used better boards or snow eliminators out there.

Thanks to all for the support on this one... it is definately a feel-good way to help out someone who can use it!

Premium Features