• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I get a picture of the part number on the updated MY24 CVT cover for Summit's and Freerides please?

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
So my MY24 freeride showed up the other week but it came with the older MY23 CVT cover. All MY24 deep snow sleds are supposed to ship with the updated CVT cover that has a ridge added going around the outer section of the back vent. Pictures below.

Can anyone with the updated cover on their MY24 sleds, take a clear picture of the part number on the inside of the cover please? BRP parts have it still listed as part number 517307954 - but that is the same as MY23 without the ridge.

It seems like BRP has sent these out at random. First BRP responded to the dealer saying this was only a Summit update. Then it was only the deep snow TurboR sleds. Then all NA's didn't get the update.. But I had confirmed with many already it seems random. Most are getting the updated cover but some are not.

Any info on this would be great so I can help others make sure people get the updated CVT cover and avoid breaking the rear vent. Yes you can put a piece of tape or use a knife to take the edge off it, but we shouldn't have to on a $26,000CAD sled... Making sure BRP makes this right with their customers. Cheers

IMG_9608.JPG

MY24CVT.png

0.jpg01.jpg

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
You can look at the BRP parts fiche and get the number, same as your dealer. If I was you, I would wait until you break your vent than put in a warranty claim stating your sled was supposed to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
You can look at the BRP parts fiche and get the number, same as your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the part number brp parts is showing is the same my23 version. Not the my24 updated version. So I'm wondering if they updated the part number with the cvt cover with the ridge but not update their systems yet for the dealer rep to find it.

B
Nov 29, 2007
Sicamous
Was just in the showroom looking at the difference between 24 and 23 cover. Don't think that lip will help when ya smoke a tree and plastic starts flying. Rode trees and lots of laying it on the panel in the snow and never had an issue.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Dealer swapped out the panel for me and I got an updated version with the ridge. BRP kept the part number the same as MY23.

Premium Features