• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot boost bogging, loading up, fouling plug on one side.

A
Jan 11, 2011
Figured I would let you know what happened with my boost khaos. My sled has fet sluggish off idle since day one. Like it is loaded up. I have had to replace my mag side spark plug many times on startup. I brought my sled in for warranty on the fuel pump. My dealer told me what I knew about it feeling very boggy off idle and suggested I try new coils. He got injured so has not been back to work. So I swapped it last ride. Holy **** made such a difference. So much more low end. I can't believe how much better it is.
981e287e42910eb3bdfebffb79cebeaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Figured I would let you know what happened with my boost khaos. My sled has fet sluggish off idle since day one. Like it is loaded up. I have had to replace my mag side spark plug many times on startup. I brought my sled in for warranty on the fuel pump. My dealer told me what I knew about it feeling very boggy off idle and suggested I try new coils. He got injured so has not been back to work. So I swapped it last ride. Holy **** made such a difference. So much more low end. I can't believe how much better it is.
981e287e42910eb3bdfebffb79cebeaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
So was it the coils or the wires/caps? Nobody really seems to know this answer. Glad it is working for you.

S
Feb 13, 2018
Alberta, Canada
So 5 weeks ago I spent a ride trying to figure out a bog issue on my sled and it went away somewhat on it own……. This is frustrating and unresolved.

Great snow conditions with dry snow falling all day at 20 degrees F.

The symptoms were. Super rich low end, black streaks in the snow, burbling in the mid and would rev out perfect on top as long as i babied it through the lower rpm range. Spot on 8300-8400 rpm peak and would rip the hill.

No codes, no cel.

Swapped plugs after it went to one cylinder from a bog til stuck scenerio. (Had 3-4 that day) and it went back to running on 2 cylinders but intermittent bogging the rest of the day. (Had to recover a sled with shattered secondary so just rode around the symptoms)

Went home and checked everything over, changed plugs again, compression test (good) sealed up some areas that might have gotten snow on the belt? Basically no smoking gun.

Rode it 4 times since then with zero issues, runs sweet.

Now yesterday and today my brothers sled (identical to mine) starts doing the same exact thing.
Boggy, heavy streaks on snow, fouling plug on one side, no codes, rips when it’s at peak rpm. ??‍♂️

We are both around 200-260 miles on them.

We have had zero issues with fuel pumps thus far.

3 rental patriot boost sleds along on the same trip zero issues. Running clean, burning the same gas, running the same oil.

His sled is going to the dealer when they open next week.

Anyone have any experience similar to this?
Throttle safety switch, buy a tki jumper kit and bypass it.

Premium Features