• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot boost bogging, loading up, fouling plug on one side.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
You are angry that polaris isn’t getting the same quality of coils from the same supplier with the same part number as they got in 2018?

Your anger might be best served directed at the evil genius’s who wrecked the global supply chain with brainwashed fear……..

I bought a pair of coils from a 2014 pro for $24.55 and free shipping.
We should be mad at all this bs. Company’s that are accepting sub par parts and us for not holding these companies feet to the fire. Get ready it’s only going to get worse. So do you enjoy working on your sled that’s broke down in first season? I don’t The consumer not blaming Polaris must really be drinking the cool aid. This forum this is close to the 900 days gone by oh wait they brought it back with the same engineers. Cheers I may get out of the sled sport if the doo is no better.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
It's pretty much always been this way. Usually I buy a new sled, it breaks quickly (personal best 2nd ride 120miles) or I wreck it (personal best 29miles) or it just doesn't f'ing snow. Just be semi happy that they don't break as frequently as the 60's & 70's. And Yes.....

1647391518841.png

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
We should be mad at all this bs. Company’s that are accepting sub par parts and us for not holding these companies feet to the fire. Get ready it’s only going to get worse. So do you enjoy working on your sled that’s broke down in first season? I don’t The consumer not blaming Polaris must really be drinking the cool aid. This forum this is close to the 900 days gone by oh wait they brought it back with the same engineers. Cheers I may get out of the sled sport if the doo is no better.
to be fair my sled isn’t “broken down” it had probably 3-5 seconds of run ability issues all day in submarine deep powder.

I’m just going to improve on that.

I can also blame Polaris until i’m blue in the face but I don’t see how emulating you and complaining without solutions will make my sledding experience better?

I personally think solving the problem, reporting the information to my dealer and continuing to ride my sled will get me more enjoyment.

If Polaris can’t get coils that last, I think I’m better off with known reliable parts. ??‍♂️

I’m guessing most of your chitty disposition comes from having no good snow to ride.

Meanwhile we are having a record snowfall year.

So you can always move to Alaska and improve your winter. ?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Here’s the door to the real world.

It’s truly amazing how many things go right over the top of peoples heads. I posted about woke people like you last week. I worry your fake anger and your weakness (or refusal) to problem solve might do to your health. Not to mention the effects on your family and friends. You really should get out of the sport with your unrealistic expectations.

Joining a liberal campaign seems to align much better to your views. Hopefully It will be the safe space you need.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Me whining about my fingers is not so amazing. I can soldier through it if it warms up like that. Hands burning up but finger tips froze.
Professional frozen finger veteran tip.

I spent 12 years as a tinner, lots of finger injuries.

When my fingers get cold (somewhat often) i stuff my fingers in the exhaust while it’s running and they thaw in 5-7 seconds.

Ready to rip in short order. ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Professional frozen finger veteran tip.

I spent 12 years as a tinner, lots of finger injuries.

When my fingers get cold (somewhat often) i stuff my fingers in the exhaust while it’s running and they thaw in 5-7 seconds.

Ready to rip in short order. ?
Mine don't. I have to whine and cry until they completely thaw out then i might be ok. That is why i don't like to stop or eat lunch. If i do i have to start the process over.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Wounder if some heated gloves would help out?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA

It’s truly amazing how many things go right over the top of peoples heads. I posted about woke people like you last week. I worry your fake anger and your weakness (or refusal) to problem solve might do to your health. Not to mention the effects on your family and friends. You really should get out of the sport with your unrealistic expectations.

Joining a liberal campaign seems to align much better to your views. Hopefully It will be the safe space you need.
Finally something I agree with Rustydave on. Great post. The sport wouldn't miss you revrider. You must have a really easy life if Polaris Enginner's and sub par supplier parts is all you have to make you angry ?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Might try tighter plug gap like mentioned above. Pretty normal to have to run tighter gap when running more boost on turbo cars. Imagine it would be the same here

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Wounder if some heated gloves would help out?

Heated gloves are the shizzzz . . . just sayin' :) So are heated socks.
Used them a couple of times this season on the ride in at -18 (f) temps.
Pretty sweet to be able to turn on and off with a remote control.

Now . . . back to the show :)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Might try tighter plug gap like mentioned above. Pretty normal to have to run tighter gap when running more boost on turbo cars. Imagine it would be the same here

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Like reported above.

It was faulty ignition coils. (Dropping out in mid range)

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca

Good stuff. I like the "fake anger" comment, seems about right.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I guess you replaced coils with wires, caps etc? The reason I ask is I wonder how many are just poor wires and caps and the coils possibly fine?
Swapped on a coil, wire and cap from an axys 800 with 4000 miles.

Instant fix.

Guessing the wire and cap weren’t in better condition than the 200 mile used oem boost parts?

Premium Features