• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P.O.lari.S blown 800's again

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
They can have issues, specifically the 02-05 big block 800 years with cranks. But, overall these new motors seem to run forever or go early. Friend lost his crank at around 1000 miles on an 08 700...typically very reliable and he hardly had any mods. I have the turbo 600...very fun sled and has been bullet proof motor-wise...worked through a few leak issue (boots) but has been alot of fun. Realistically pushing 170 I'd guess.

And, yeah, I've heard the stem of the power valve will break off and the valve drops into the piston but haven't seen it personally.

Sleds are good stuff...but they break...lots of part moving ridiculously fast...part of the sport. Like they say; If you wanna play you gotta pay!

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
So, what I am getting from this is that we should #1 always have a full tank #2 always run open throttle #3 never ride on snow because of ingestion #4 Install a Turbo........ Those Cats'r lookin perty good fer 2010.

Premium Features