• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P.O.lari.S blown 800's again

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
So if you bought or buy a polaris you need to get a subscription to dynotech (should come with the sled) Then you need to go from that and try to fix your own burn down problems from there info? and there is a susposed fix coming out some time in the future? Wow. And people are going for that? This is amazing. So whats up for 2010 your motor shows up with your new sled in a box for you to put together that way it's your own fault if something happens. There are sure some dedicated polaris people out there for sure. polaris has had nothing but trouble since 02 for sure and some before but they still have a following. I still ride a polaris but nothing new just a wc in an edge chassis. the new ones buddys have bought around here are dropping on a regular basis, some more than once. then they have to wait to get it fixed. why are so many parts from polaris on back order? Bumpers include For pete sake people are going to use them. in reality i'm suprised many are even buying any polaris 800s any more. Do they even have a resale value? OOPS sorry it just sickening thats all. To all that are trying to fix your own good luck. Did that guy from psi go to work there?

Hey not that all other brands are better it's just that there have been so many problems and it just goes on and on. It is sickening. Sorry for my rant and i'm not trying to make any one mad. I just think every one deserves much better than there getting.

Last edited:

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
not saying poo didn't f up a little but if you want bone stock ride all day and never have trouble get a 600 or 700 and settle for less hp, remember when if you could make 140 hp from a mod sled that would last 20 laps at Eagle River you were the engine guru of the world. You wanted more you got more unfortunatley it's taking longer ( for all brands) to get it rite. It'll happen then we'll want 170 stock hp.

T
Dec 6, 2007
not saying poo didn't f up a little but if you want bone stock ride all day and never have trouble get a 600 or 700 and settle for less hp, remember when if you could make 140 hp from a mod sled that would last 20 laps at Eagle River you were the engine guru of the world. You wanted more you got more unfortunatley it's taking longer ( for all brands) to get it rite. It'll happen then we'll want 170 stock hp.

I agree 100% I remember when 118hp was king of the hill for a stocker and anything else was a full mod ride, now we go places on a stocker that we did not dream of going without a mod 15 years ago, I have had a few issues but not a burn down and I believe that they will have this figured out soon. :D

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Not tosay my heart isn't bleeding for those unfortunate souls that had serious and repeated failures but early on the pc3 was a solution and for one reason or another they stalled, should they have had to make the purchase , absolutly not but it was available just as vents and clutching and the like is. I didn't need to get a programer for my truck but I chose to. Why didn't Dodge put it in from the factory if you get what i mean. And I know it's apples and oranges but the vents to make the belts live is along the same line just not as serious. IMO

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
727, just adding a pc3 or a boondocker box doesn't solve all the motor failure issues. I have had a BD box on mine since day one this season. Yes they help part of the problem. They have nothing to do with faulty voltage reg. and ECU's causing the motors to lean out. They can't prevent the current problem that I have verified over a month ago. That is the leaning out on climbs at 1/2 tank or so.

Ken Climb

Premium Member
Because that won't fix any of the other issues.

What other issues? 4 of my friends have BD turbo dragons 08's and 09's and none of them have had any engine failures. Two of them have had the nylon chain guide adjuster blow, but have replaced them with metal ones.
I can't believe how well these sleds work. My favorite is the pump gas kit. I rode that for a full day sunday hard! The way he has it set up and clutched, it has NO LAG period. Its the Crispest most responsive turbo sled I've ever ridden. The sled felt like a 200+hp big block...you couldn't even tell it was turbo'd other then the big power! I've ridden probably 40 different turbo sleds including 6 yami's that I've owned personally, and this was the funnest all around sled i've ridden. Not the most power, but the most responsive and funnest sled.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Ski; I understand what your saying but don't take this wrong you seem to be the one guy with all those problems , Iv' looked at every 09 and 08 that's come in the shop and we have seen no scuffing on any, yes we had some ecus burn up even had one do it as we hooked it up tothe digital wrench and man I feel for ya and i believe everything youv'e said. Maybe a trip to the dealer for a 10 sled is in order ; except with that sled we would be hearing from the new owner next season. I really appreciate all your responces thow as I start checking alot of different stuff as it comes in. Hope next season we hear you saying ( remember that piece of chit I had last year boy that thing sure sucked compared to this year) also I wish there was some place else for poo to mount all the electronics I think that is part of the prob.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
my o8 d8 has 1500 miles and has scored pistons but with no parts available why take it in, the low elevation above freezing mid range bog is horrible, and as far as the long climb lean out i can't confirm with out the wide band or an egt set up, the wiring on these sleds is not well thought out, i beleive that is most of the voltage reg, ecu problems, there are wires rubbin everwhere and the wire itself is sub par at best

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
What other issues? 4 of my friends have BD turbo dragons 08's and 09's and none of them have had any engine failures. Two of them have had the nylon chain guide adjuster blow, but have replaced them with metal ones.
I can't believe how well these sleds work. My favorite is the pump gas kit. I rode that for a full day sunday hard! The way he has it set up and clutched, it has NO LAG period. Its the Crispest most responsive turbo sled I've ever ridden. The sled felt like a 200+hp big block...you couldn't even tell it was turbo'd other then the big power! I've ridden probably 40 different turbo sleds including 6 yami's that I've owned personally, and this was the funnest all around sled i've ridden. Not the most power, but the most responsive and funnest sled.

Ski; I understand what your saying but don't take this wrong you seem to be the one guy with all those problems , Iv' looked at every 09 and 08 that's come in the shop and we have seen no scuffing on any, yes we had some ecus burn up even had one do it as we hooked it up tothe digital wrench and man I feel for ya and i believe everything youv'e said. Maybe a trip to the dealer for a 10 sled is in order ; except with that sled we would be hearing from the new owner next season. I really appreciate all your responces thow as I start checking alot of different stuff as it comes in. Hope next season we hear you saying ( remember that piece of chit I had last year boy that thing sure sucked compared to this year) also I wish there was some place else for poo to mount all the electronics I think that is part of the prob.

Ken, the other issues have been voltage reg. and ECU, leaning out on climbs and finally exhaust valves hitting the pistons. These are not other peoples issues, these are my issues that I have had this year.

It's good to hear that there are other guys w/o issues, but there are plenty that have had ruined seasons. The only reason that my season wasn't totally screwed up is that I have a great dealer and trust me they have been replacing tons of parts and I have been dealing directly with the owner.

Why should I have to buy a '10? In addition to warranty that has replaced about $3,000 in parts, I have spent close to $2,000 buying backup parts.

Last edited:

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Totaly agree , can you pm me your dealers name and whom to talk to as I have a few factory connections that some times parts and answers just apear from

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
skibreeze, I pulled the valves out of my 800... no way can those valves hit the pistons... there is shoulder in there that the come down against.

Yesterday 8 cylinders showed up at TriCity here in Utah... my brother's sled got fixed. They had plenty of the other parts, just no cylinders.

sled_guy

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
skibreeze, I pulled the valves out of my 800... no way can those valves hit the pistons... there is shoulder in there that the come down against.

Yesterday 8 cylinders showed up at TriCity here in Utah... my brother's sled got fixed. They had plenty of the other parts, just no cylinders.

sled_guy

Do you want to bet a set of pistons on it? I'm game if you are.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Totaly agree , can you pm me your dealers name and whom to talk to as I have a few factory connections that some times parts and answers just apear from

I spent a half hour on the phone with my dealer again today. My replacement parts are in. The lean out issue is the one that neither the dealer or I can figure out. What else would cause it to lean out only when climbing when at half tank considering that the entire fuel pump assembly has been changed out?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I don't need pistons. :)

But tell me how the valve can hit the piston? Mine go down against the shoulder... unless you break the stem I guess.

Educate me.

sled_guy

Um, one gets too close to the other and they meet. Kind of like the chocolate and peanut butter thing I guess. **** if I know, but they aren't broken and this is the first time it has happened in 1500 miles.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ok, so something fails I guess? I looked again tonight and there is no way for mine to get in far enough to touch the piston. I'm not being a dick, I'm just stating what I've seen.

By the way, it turns out I do need pistons. Mag side is scuffed all up. Talked to the dealer, he's got parts and will turn it around in a couple of days for me.

sled_guy

Premium Features