• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

muffpot recipe!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Oct 1, 2002
Montana
Sledcookin101 cookbooks

For the adventurous at heart, to prepare a great meal, Sledcookin101 cookbooks are available now.
The cookbook is printed on water resistant pages with the design to take along in mind. The guide incorporates hints, ideas, humor and multiple recipes resulting from first hand experience. There’s no need to rough it when it comes to having a hot meal when you’re out riding any more. This guide will make a great addition to your sled gear and is a gift choice for those sled friends on your holiday shopping list.
E-mail all order requests or inquiries to
sledcookin101@aol.com or purchase by using http://www.paypal.com/us
On the PayPal site, choose Send money, Purchase goods using the sledcookin101@aol.com e-mail address
$13 includes handling & regular mail USPS shipping and $1 will go to the SAWS organization.

S
i make a dozen chicken enchiladas, freeze them and then cook em up on the muffpot. as mentioned before, oven bags or snacker packer keep it clean. we also cook pork carnitas, pulled pork sandwiches and cube steak with peppers and onions. yum a dum dum.

B

BYOB

Feb 18, 2003
Canada, Eh
My favorite: 1 inch cubes of venison tenderloin marinaded overnight in a mix of crown royal rye, hickory smoke bbq sauce, and some Montreal steak spice. Slice up some onion and mushrooms. On the hill, toss in the veggies with the tenderloin cubes and some sauce into a oven bag. Go ride until you can smell the onions cooking. Grab a fork and enjoy the medium rare medallions with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Bring a slice of Italian bread or 2 to soak up the sauce. Wash down with a frosty barley based beverage of your preference. Perfect!

S

skimike

Dec 21, 2009
bakersfield
homemade brownies are very good, I had mine on the pipe next to they pipe on my m8 but it kept coming loose so I put it on my wifes mt. cat on the pipe where its flat and there is no insulation. we were burning the brownie on my sled after a hour, burritos are good lasagna is good casseroles are good, you just don't want juicy stuff , I use parchment paper and foil, do not confuse parchment paper with wax paper , don't use wax because the wax will melt and it wont taste good, your food will taste like a candle.it seems to me it a lot easier to just reheat food , rather than cooking from scratch.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
never used a muffpot before, would be kind of nice when your out pulling big chutes to pull over a roast a dog or 2:face-icon-small-coo

M
Dec 13, 2010
Butte, MT
just a few items that we have tried in the past...

-lil smokies (various flavors)
-shrimp
-meatballs
-burritos
-hot pockets

again the reynolds oven bags like stated earlier in the thread work perfectly, just use a twist tie to seal it up and viola no mess!! and again cooking time will depend on mounting location and sled. usually mount the pot on the sled first thing and by time lunch rolls around everything is nice and hot!

F

freejay

Feb 24, 2008
The oven bags are good for keeping the mess inside but they suck for crisping chicken wings!! I guess you have to choose your battles...

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Just bought my MuffPot today and will be using it on the hill tomorrow! Can't wait to sink my teeth into some hot garlic Brats! Yummy! And the look on my buddies face......:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features