• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

muffpot recipe!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
i found anything that just needs warming up works good!!cheese and ham hot pockets are the best!!use oven bags everytime!! thanks everyone still trying diffrent things but thats what worked so far!!

S
Cutting heat shield off of pipe?

It isnt a microwave...ahhhhhhh crap i thought it was :D....Ive ridden for hours......and pinned it for hours and it still doesnt get very warm....just luke warm?

I have a 2005 Rev 800 as well and have the same problem. I was just told this last weekend to cut the heat shield off of the pipe right where the MuffPot attaches. Make the cut out area just big enough for it to sit on the pipe. I think I'm going to try this. If anyone has tried this, let me know.

S
Dec 3, 2007
Vernon BC
I have a 2005 Rev 800 as well and have the same problem. I was just told this last weekend to cut the heat shield off of the pipe right where the MuffPot attaches. Make the cut out area just big enough for it to sit on the pipe. I think I'm going to try this. If anyone has tried this, let me know.

Keep us posted how it works afterwards:)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kuna
I use the Hot Dogger, it was the first and is the same idea.
Works awsome and lasted 2 years longer (so far) than the Muff Pot we had on my wife's sled.
My personal favorite is cheddar filled little smokies. A pound of them normally takes care of me and 1 or 2 other people for lunch, depending on if it's my wife or one of the guys I ride with. Wife just doesn't eat as much. lol

I've normally got those in the Hot Dogger and in my pocket is a zip lock bag with toothpics in it.
They make a good fork so that you aren't getting greese on your fingers to get into your gloves after.

Last edited:

Ill Named

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007

I have a Hot Pot. Basically the same as the muff pot. On my rev I cut the first part of the heat shield off up to the first clamp that holds it on after the y pipe. Works awesome. The food gets really hot, I have to be careful not to burn my mouth.
Try sausage rolls, they turn out great.

M
Oct 1, 2002
Montana
Sled Cookin 101 cookbook for cookers is available

Check out the the Sled Cooking video clip we shot with At Your Leisure
http://www.atyourleisure.info/episodes.asp?season=5&episode=20&category=4

All of the ideas and recipes in the book have been tried on a variety of sleds, in the various cookers!
Want more info. e-mail me at sledcookin101@aol.com or order the cookbook by submitting $14.50 per book through paypal to the sledcookin101@aol.com address. ($1 is designated for donation to SAWS ( http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org )
Please be sure to send your mailing address info in the paypal response.
Let It Snow!

Thank you to J.D. from Casper, Wyo for the heads up!

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
Our family has three favorites.
When my wife is with us she will make breakfast burritos w/sausage, potato, etc. wrap them in saran wrap and then foil. These are great. My favorite is to just slice up a keilbasa and let it cook.
Our daughter likes spagetti O's (what can I say). When ever she rolls her sled it has a nice marinara aroma:)

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
Hot pockets are the norm for us....but I've done the breakfast burritos too, pretty good! I'll have to try some of the oven bags....course one of the ladies has some new hot item...:confused: Snackerpackers or something like that, made for the hotdogger/muffpots.....I'd like to see how those work! :eek:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Surrey, BC
Corn Dogs! Put 'em in frozen. They'll be done by lunch and crispy. Don't forget to bring a few packets of mustard. You just can't beat food on a stick. Also bring a ziplock with those little mini doughnuts for dessert. Just like being at the midway and riding the roller coaster all day. :D

th_corndog.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features