• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZX fuel economy compared to PTek

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
I just got back from a trip in WY. Was wondering if anyone had any idea how my 01 800 that was freshly rebuilt could have the same fuel economy as my buddy's 08 800 PTek.

Conditions were in the upper 40's to lower 50's up top and the snow was pretty much smush (snow mush) or crmush (crusty snow mush) in the afternoon. At the end of a 4 day trip and putting on roughly 150 miles in those 4 days, my fuel bill was roughly a dollar more than my buddy with the XP. He and I were on and off the throttle about the same amount the whole trip.

It had all 4 of us on the trip wondering why my fuel economy was so good since my dad and brother, who have an 01 800 and 02 800, spent about 40 bucks more than my buddy and I did.

My sled was freshly rebuilt approx 150 miles ago and has boyesen reeds. Other than that, the engine is stock. Gearing for the XP 154 is stock, and mine is 18/45 with a 151x15x2.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Did you check your plugs for color?

I think the biggest benefits of the fuel infected motors is seen when in less load conditions. If it was heavy wet snow, you all were likely "givin'er" to plow through, so ...

????

Last edited:
I think what he is asking is how his 01 can get as good of mileage as the 08

The other 01 and 02 used 2-3 more gallons of gas on the fill up. we all did the about the same amount of climbing, racing etc...

He is running 490 jets the other 01 is running 480 jets and the 02 is running 490.

We are just scratching our head on this since we have never seen it happen yet.

Premium Features

Back