• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zrbos or HOLZ A-Arms?? Inputs!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ZBROZ or HOLZ A-Arms?? Inputs!

Ok.

So if i was to go with a new A-Arms Setup..what would you guys reccomend.

I have an 05 RMK 900 166...i am doing the 09 front end conversion. and was going to use the 09 sway bar as well...

I have Fox Floats up front. Holz Spindles.

1. Should i go with the HOLZ 41" wide 09 Dragon A-Arms setup with 09 sway bar

2. Should i go with the ZBROZ 40" or 43" wide A-Arms with NO 09 sway bar..
a. whats the difference between the 40 and 43" wide arms

if it matters, i can use the ZBROZ spindles on my wifes sled and give her my HOLZ spindles..

any inputs would be great guys.
Thanks...

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
thanks for the input.

like stated above..if i was to use any aftermarket a-arms..what width will work w/o getting longer shocks..

i have fox floats now..and they are 17" c-c

what is stock 05-06 RMK 900 width

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
this is what i need to hear..

3 more questions still..

1...should i run the 09 sway bar??

2..what width should i get...ZBROS makes a 40", and a 43"

3..will my Floats (17" c-c) fit a 43"??

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Would not run sway bar unless you had to or are used to one
40" for in the trees all around boondocking..43" may affect pullover/sidehilling
Believe shock mount eyelets are in same position and width is in arm length?
Call and ask as you order Z bros ..!

Sounds like you are gettin ready....!!!

Reactions: guidoxpress

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

thanks for the inputs..

yeh i am leaning towards the 40" as well...for easier manuvering...but a 43 would be nice and stable too, lol..

Any other inputs..i will call them and talk to them for sure...just want to see any inpits from guys with expierence on them..

also noticed i spelled the Thread Title wrong..WHOOPS!!

C
Mar 2, 2009

thanks for the inputs..

yeh i am leaning towards the 40" as well...for easier manuvering...but a 43 would be nice and stable too, lol..

Any other inputs..i will call them and talk to them for sure...just want to see any inpits from guys with expierence on them..

also noticed i spelled the Thread Title wrong..WHOOPS!!

I did the identical thing last year with 17" fox floats and all...

I had my floats on with my stock 42.5" a arms on my switchback and LOVED the handling. Sat nice and flat to the ground and rocked in both deep snow and trails... I don't care what anybody says.

THEN... My dad rolled his sled in the mountains and pooched 2 a arms so I bought myself some Holz 41" Dragon a arms and bought the 09 sway bar.

BRUTAL!!! My handling went down hill BIG TIME. The first time I jumped on the sled I literally fell off at 15 mph and the sled ended up rolling and cracked my windshield in slow motion...

As for the non-sway bar issue... that might suck but also might be a good combo with the 43" arms....

I regret getting 41" a arms... if you don't go that route... You will too

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
CLM003

this is the info i need..real world backing...

so the 41" stance was no good huh...and you did not care for the 09 sway bar either?

i KNOW now that i want the ZBROZ for sure...so cant use the sway bar now anyways..sucks, cause i just bought it...

but torn on the 40/43 stance..but it all makes sense...i will see what they have to say on the phone..i will update this thread with the info i get from ZBROZ...

Thanks...

sean

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
CLM003

this is the info i need..real world backing...

so the 41" stance was no good huh...and you did not care for the 09 sway bar either?

i KNOW now that i want the ZBROZ for sure...so cant use the sway bar now anyways..sucks, cause i just bought it...

but torn on the 40/43 stance..but it all makes sense...i will see what they have to say on the phone..i will update this thread with the info i get from ZBROZ...

Thanks...

sean

Z-bro's is most likely going to tell you to stick with the 40" arm kit they offer if you want to continue to run the 17" CTC shocks. The 43" arm kit will require the use of 18 1/4" CTC for proper operation. While your at it, the Z-bro's shocks are head and shoulders better than the floats. No time like the present for replacements :)

On the wifes IQR we have 40" Z-bro's arms, with Exit XO shocks and the Z-bro's spindles.

I run the 43" Arms and 18 1/4" Exit shocks.

MURFDOG

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2008
I'm running the Z-Broz 43" on my 700 and 800. The width is perfect for me, the handling is just right and those arms can take a hit.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yep!!

put the 40 inch z bros and cut out the sway bar on my 08 d8, love it and won't go back

hilinrider..

Exactly what i am going to do...40" wide..i will try the 09 sway bar setup and see how it is and go from there..either keep it or ditch it..worth a shot..heard its pretty good..

Talked to zbroz today...they make an adapter for the 09 sway bar..its a clamp on..$49...FYI..

I am going to try and order the a-arms this week, as long as the money comes in...

p.s...i have a spare set of BLACK IQ a-arms for sale, and some 06-07 IQ spindles...if anyone is interested..PM me..i NEED to sell them ASAP!!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
IMO... you arent going to like the air shocks and no sway bar. Fastrax has a special shock set up for their Zbroz shocks, if you dont run a sway bar. If I was going to run the floats, I would go to the 09' swaybar set up... just my opinion.... formed by listening to Curt @ FTX

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
...where is the love for Holz parts!?

Just an FYI, we do make a version of our 41" arms that mounts to the stock09 sway bar as well as 08. So no extra mounts needed. Also, they mount to the stock length shocks and will work with either our EZ-Steer spindles or stock spindles.
I should also mention that with our 41" arms, your ski stance is still adjustable from 40-42" by moving the spacers at the ski pivot.

I wish I could give you better information than you already have, but it seems you already made up your mind.

I would like to know why clm003 had such an issue. After reading your post, it looks like you installed our parts and weren't happy with the handling for some reason. It actually sounds like you removed the sway bar and rolled to fast...we typically do not recommend removing the sway bar. Especially with the Polaris that is already fairly easy to roll.

I have never head anybody complain about the fit and finish of our products before, that is sussually something we pride ourselves on and get many compliments. If somebody had a problem with the way our parts were built, it may not have been brought to our attention if there is actually a problem and they are still riding it.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HOLZ.

I sincerly appreciate your time you have taken to check and reply to this post. It truely shows your devotion to helping your customers understand your products and you customer service..so thank you first off...

I currently run your spindles, however they are not the newer style, so i cannot adjust the spacers to change ski stance...and i am also buying a set of your 41" wide arms for my wifes 06 700 RMK...she is set on running the OEM say bar and I know your products are excellent in every way..and i will always stand behind them...

The only info that through me off between your items vs zbroz items, was the ski stance..i have zero experience with other then OEM widths..therefore i started the thread to clarify basically..

I was unaware that your A-Arms were adjustable in widths from 40-42"...but i take complete responsibility in my decision, i should have called and talked to each company and had you explain..

I was set on either the 40", 41", and 43"...just didnt have much to go off of..

But again, I am sure others out there appreciate your reply..as well as those from other companies that take the time to get on here and help out..those are the ones that will get the vote 99% of the time..(i.e. Curt at FASTRAX, Rob at Better Boards, COBE ect ect..)

I will contact you about my wifes a-arms set that i am buying shortly...

Sean Armstrong

Premium Features