• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Would you be interested in a Sled access skiing & Boarding Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
rally the troops!! so we don't have to corrupt the region forums with our snogooning nonsense :)

my premium status should be aquired friday..

i bet TomMTX (new premium member) would moderate too.. he owns and admins a forum already.. OMLB.com

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I bought my sled for access, said I 'd never become one of those doochebag sledders though... somewhere along the line something went wrong.

I still scare the piss out of my friends on the way to the top, count me in.

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
only 35 "i'm in's" ??????

don't you sledneckers want these snowgooning weirdos to stay out of your region forums? :face-icon-small-ton
have a place to talk about snowgooning stuff rather than in your snowmobile adventure forums?

reply with: IN!

Last edited:
G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
I thought the bar was set kinda high at 50 members. Pleasantly surprised that we're almost there. Really looking forward this category of the forum. Keep up the good work!

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
reaching 37 with no snow on the ground is a pretty good accomplishment right now..

my buddy TomMTX is saying "thars powder out thar!"

vote yes if you love b**bies! :D

P3150540.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Sign me up!....IN!
I remember watching some old snowboarding videos where Rippy started hucking an old Arctic Cat 900 off of booters at a ski hill.

Yah, that is the stuff.

What every happened to the guy?

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
rippey got old.. thats what happens.. some old school pro's were able to hang on to there sponsors and become artists or rep or product designers with annual salaries.. which is very few.. rippey did not.

Jim Rippey was the 1st guy ever to back flip a snowmobile.. and he was snowboarding using his sled to access back country runs..

So u got me thinking ruffy.. where is he?

http://www.porterstahoe.com/team/rippey.asp
http://jenrippey.tripod.com/

First-ever Back-flip on a Snowmobile - 2001
Big Air World Champion - 1998
#1 Selling Pro-model snowboard in the world
1st Place - Vans Triple Crown, Snow Summit, Big Air - 2001
Gold Medal - Innsbruck Air & Style, Big Air - 1999
Gold Medal - Gothenburg Megastar Contest, Big Air - 1998
Bronze Medal - Summer X-Games, Big Air - 1998
Gold Medal - Vans World Championships, Big Air - 1998
Gold Medal - US Open, Big Air - 1997
Gold Medal - Innsbruck Air & Style, Big Air - 1997

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
im Rippey was the 1st guy ever to back flip a snowmobile.. and he was snowboarding using his sled to access back country runs..
No doubt... pretty rad that it was a snowboarder.. I remember seeing that at a snow show and that "yah" screw you rednecks, snowboarders know what is up.. ha ha

I remember that Rippy got into the shredding snow for Jesus movement, or whatever it was. Interesting when people start talking about "hardcore" and "Jesus" in the same sentences..

Crap, Rippy is 39 and Farmer is 46? FM

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
ex-skiers and boarders are part what started the downhill pow carving sled movement.. before that is was all about going up hill.. then some people, old carving junkies found out you could carve a sled down pow hills too. and with advances in sled tech, it became easier..
i love carving.. anything! boards, sleds! ****, u see me ride my dirtbike and notice a carve influence too :)

T
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Jim is living in Reno now. Still snowboards and crushes it! Last time we saw him at Squaw he was still throwing huge backs. Pretty sure that he's the youth group leader for Living Stones church in Reno.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
im in,

even thought Im not usually big into it, I know lots of people who do it, and then, you got more people who are pro sledding. win win for everybody.

using the sleds to access ski'ing/boarding isnt always the easiest thing... sometimes nice for some advice to come around for that sector. and im betting the sled/ski crowd doesnt lurk on snowest quite as much as the regular sled crowd does, so they will come around once they find it.

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
BUMP

39 and counting..

11 more to go..

i was browsing around some other forums yesterday and it really hit home to me that there really isn't a central place to discuss and share the sled access experience..

the snowboard only forums have no clue whats happening out there these days.. the sled community knows tho, whether you are accessing back country by sled to slide pieces of wood downhill or you're just out sledding.. you know its going down.. hence this is a perfect place to share the experiences.

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
Christopher, can you make this viewable for free members past this 75 mark..

also, in anticipation i am a premium member now.. maybe we should just call this good and setup the forum already! :)

i can create some stickies with pertaining info to start even :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I can not let the thread roll past the 75th post mark for the free members.
BUT.
You can just start a new thread to recruit new FREE members and let this thread keep running to recruit PREMIUM members.

L

Lushbomb

Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
Interested in a Sled access skiing & Boarding Forum?? X2

sorry folks.. the last thread reached the 75 mark so free memebers can't view or reply..
our good pal Chistopher suiggested a new thread :) thanks

50 votes needed!!!!!
10/15/10 we have 39 and counting

there are no other places on the E-Nets where snowmobilers and skiers and snowboarders thats access backcountry via a sled can unite, discuss and share info.. share pictures, video's and reports.. Snowest is a prime location since alot of users are already here..
lets get a forum created to unite these folks and share in the good times.

lots of good info could come out of this for sure. sharing locations, rack setups and more..

SnomoBoard
SnomoSki

i love riding both sled and boards just the same.. and i know alot of others do as well.

even if you only sled you can say "I'm IN" so we dio not corrupt your forums fwith our snogooning nonsense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features