• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whos still riding the mountain max!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 10, 2008
Have a set made, at a fab shop. Shouldnt be more than a couple hundred bucks. Those pipes are worth the expense. They are the best pipes ever made for the MM in my opinion

I have actually found 2 flanges so I would only need one made. I also have another flange with an OD that is too big for the pipes. Wonder if I can get that turned down a bit to fit?

C
2001 MM just a couple upgrades aftermarket tunnel works rear shocks ohlins front shocks lite weight trailing arms RML seat 159 track custom paint and some motor work which includes a little clutch work an 800 big bore with portwork carbon reeds and spacers bored carbs worked over air box bender pipes and a little juice to help my big but make it over the steep and deep. And also a few other misc light weight parts. Im going on my third season with this sled and have had no problems. Will try and post pics later. :D

A couple of upgrades? I'd hate to see what you think is fully modded. Sled looks sweet!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Gillette, Wy
The old relics sure are fun...and as the consensus shows here...fricken reliable. I've had mine since 2001 and have never been towed and only had to change one belt!! Who still does porting for stock bore + PI end dumps??

IMG_0955.jpg

S
May 21, 2008
This is the perfect thread to ask a few questions, hope people don't mind. I am working on a 97 mm 700 for a young kid at work. This sled is clean and stock as you could get it. I picked up a track and drivers from a new nitro and last year he picked up some bender pipes for cheep. Now the questions are will the 2 1/4 track fit with drivers from a nitro or will it have to be rolled.Also some help with the clutching to get ballpark would be helpfull. What kind of rpm should it run for decent hp but reliable hp. I know I will get lots of input here and all input will be helpfull.
Note I don't want his sled to beat the rev so be consevative

M
Nov 26, 2007
I used to build Mountain Max Engines, both big bores and stock. If you want, I could probably build you an engine. I did alot of engines for people off Snowest. So, you should be able to find someone on here with one of my engines. If you want, I could probably build you a MM engine. What pipes do you have.

M
Nov 26, 2007
This is the perfect thread to ask a few questions, hope people don't mind. I am working on a 97 mm 700 for a young kid at work. This sled is clean and stock as you could get it. I picked up a track and drivers from a new nitro and last year he picked up some bender pipes for cheep. Now the questions are will the 2 1/4 track fit with drivers from a nitro or will it have to be rolled.Also some help with the clutching to get ballpark would be helpfull. What kind of rpm should it run for decent hp but reliable hp. I know I will get lots of input here and all input will be helpfull.
Note I don't want his sled to beat the rev so be consevative

You will need 8 tooth drivers for that thing. I dont think those Nytro ones will work. The Benders are great pipes. With stock porting, you will want it to rev about 8600 to 8700. Clutching, depends on gearing, drivers, wieght of the rider, atltitude, etc.

S
May 21, 2008
You will need 8 tooth drivers for that thing. I dont think those Nytro ones will work. The Benders are great pipes. With stock porting, you will want it to rev about 8600 to 8700. Clutching, depends on gearing, drivers, wieght of the rider, atltitude, etc.

sled is all stock so I will know more when I have it apart. Sled will be ridden at 4000 to 7000 and rider weighs about 230 lbs. Just want the sled to run smooth for him and not have any belt or tuning issues. I know how well these sleds run and figure it would be the best for him.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I have a 01 MM 700 T with only 1100 miles on it but I have a little issue with it. I have a set of Power Inc end dumps but I "misplaced" the exhaust flanges. I have been emailing dealers all over the country and posting on a bunch of forums looking for someone who may have a set (or even 1). May have to go back to stock because I can't afford to buy a new set of pipes for $900. Can anyone help me out with a set of Power Inc flanges or even a stock exaust for this?
Thanks for the help!

Where are you from? I can fab some for ya... pm me.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
While were on the subject, I am helping a friend get his MM700 sorted out... Just curious what primary clutch mods you guys out there have been happy with; its got ported jugs, a Peak 19cc head and Power Inc center dumps.
Thanks!!!

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
Just a quick question has anyone ran just the two wheel kit on there mm if so how did you like them any benifits any down sides and were could I get the kit for the mm? Thanks for any info.

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
I'm a proud Mountain Max owner... Here's some pics before the MTN Tammer skid was installed and the T-arms and radius rods where powder coated black!

2z6cbau.jpg

2gybsbd.jpg

244xnip.jpg

Cheers

M
Nov 26, 2007
I'm a proud Mountain Max owner... Here's some pics before the MTN Tammer skid was installed and the T-arms and radius rods where powder coated black!

2z6cbau.jpg

2gybsbd.jpg

244xnip.jpg

Cheers

Where/what are those Fox shocks from????

Any other mods to put those shocks on? Did it gain you any ride height?

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Where/what are those Fox shocks from????

Any other mods to put those shocks on? Did it gain you any ride height?

They're from a Phazer MTN.
Yeah u need these adepters (yamaha OEM) to make them fit and some washers.

Part nr. 14 & 15

Art nr. 8CV-2376J-00-00 And 8CV-2377J-00-00

2yvm6n6.gif

The ground clearance is about the same. Maybe a inch higher! But did save me 4.5 Pounds of weight! :beer;:beer;

R

renos2

Dec 23, 2007
Consul,Saskatchewan
most reliable machine ever build

101_0391.jpg

101_0421.JPG

101_0420.jpg2001 700
Power inc pipes
151 x 2
52-42 Helix
Holzman Attacc