• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all runs at Ak race way

Where exactly is the strip?

I will run my slick track drag sled if there's a race in late August or later. If not I'll race next summer for sure.

Let me know more info about this track and the race days :face-icon-small-coo

Well guys, maybe I should take up the 1/4 mile racing. I am laid up all summer now. I tore my achiles tendon off my calf muscle racing mx with my boy Spike. Just got it sewn back on yesterday. Man, it hurts worsse now than when I tore it off even with the drugs. State championship rounds of racing here today and tommorrow in Kenai and I am stuck at home on the couch popping pills. Time to get the boat out I guess.

you guys should come up for the races in fbanks on the 20th at the strip. They are doing it as part of the solstice festivities.

I'll be there for sure and might make it down there too...however if you come up and race. I got a black legacy with a trailer hitch can't miss me. Hopefully if i can dial my tune I'll be under 13.5 *crosses fingers*

I hear ya....the way these past couple summers have been, if it didnt rain, it was good air. Air will make all the difference with a blower or turbo car.......

It was about 2000ft at the time if my runs...I have ran in the negatives out there....big HP weather.

I have to get a bigger tire and take care of some fueling issues, and make sure the tech nazi's arent out on T/T again before I roll out.

Im content with the car now hahah...its settin the garage with the track #'s still on it. Time for some rehab on the leg and some downhill action on the Mountain bike :)

Yea you might want to becareful with tech LOL, are you running fast enough for them to say that you need a cage?

BTW I would be content with the car too, she looks good, sounds good and it pretty damn quick LOL

I showed up late and then forgot my battery hold down. Yea, yeah, I know. Retarded. Even had the race tune uploaded and race in the tank. She was rippin. Boo

Wife and I went down there this past weekend to run. My wife was trying to run her 90' Mustang GT down there, but on the first day on her 3rd run, she blew the clutch out. Nothing like 700 miles round trip for 3 runs. Her best run was a 13.3 @106mph, but would have been in the high twelves after a few more runs to get the jitters out. She got nailed by the tech nazis for not having a safety switch to keep the car from starting if the clutch is not pushed in. They let her run Test and tune, but would not let her do any of the race classes. It ended up being a mute point, but still managed to irritate me. On the run that she blew her clutch the guy next to her in a truck with full slicks lost his driveshaft and I have video of it nearly missing the back of her car, you would of thought he wouldnt of passed tech for not having a driveshaft loop. Lots of cool street cars there though, and a nice track, would be nice if the street cars parked together like they did in Fairbanks. That makes it easier for people to check out each others rigs and shot the crap.

well I went out there a few times this yr with my new truck. 2006 mega cab.

I started running 16.15-16.20.....Now 5 months later, my best time is 13.72 in FULL street trim. I am pretty stoked about it

DSCN0079-1.jpg
I run there too and finally joined here so had to chime in. Some may recognize my little farm truck. :)

Premium Features

Back