• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all runs at Ak race way

So who all goes out there and actually runs. I went yesterday had a blast. Even made a few passes in my truck. I was the slowest one there LOL...I have a 2006 mega cab, stock other then a 5inch turbo back and 6inch intake..16.00@81mph lol

I am hoping to do better then last yr, last yr I won trophy class once and truck class once. Not to bad for only goin like 4 times last yr LOL

IF I ever get my p-stroke back from the dealer, I'd like to run it this year. Should be into the 14's easy (as long as the heads stay on her this time :))

Nick, I plan on trying the ol'Duramax this summer. I'm hoping to dip into the 14's, that might be wishful thinking. I'm sure I could do over 90 in the quarter. Do they have any 'diesel' races yet? I'm hopimg to bring up a few buddies with there diesels.

I went once with my truck i sold last year on one of the Northern Diesel nights. I had a newer silverado ss with a STS-turbo kit on it... the tune wasn't very good and my boost was super low @ 8lbs for my lower compression pistons... it was fun tho, took second in gas class with a run of 13.5.

Was fun time... too expensive for my budget - something had to give... fast truck or riding. Wasn't that hard of a choice.

The way into whittier...

towing.jpg

Picture of her in line on the way out...

whittier.jpg

staging lanes...

ss_0321.jpg

This is what she looked like when i sold her to a state trooper!

cleanss.jpg

Last edited:
That's it?:beer;:D Just kidding, I would like to see your car in action.

Its a streetcar, give me some slack :D:D AC, leather, full interior. Plus I dropped my daughter off at the sitters today in it :):)

Here is some old passes when I was down in FL for a couple of years....just moved back up last fall. I changed some stuff up, pulled some weight outa the car, suspension changed etc....its like starting at at square 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6NbCNd4rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5AmCzxDOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-5uOPbeQk&feature=related track was cold, had some issues

Cant wait for ridin to get here, moddin this car makes moddin your sled look like modding a broomstick.

Nick, I plan on trying the ol'Duramax this summer. I'm hoping to dip into the 14's, that might be wishful thinking. I'm sure I could do over 90 in the quarter. Do they have any 'diesel' races yet? I'm hopimg to bring up a few buddies with there diesels.

Usally they do, actually I think they are goin to have a points race this yr. Usually I jsut do test and tune or trophy class. Trophy is bracket racing...14s wont be to hard for your Dmax with the right box. I am hoping to get into the 14s in complete street trim too, but I think that is more wishful thinking for me, I weigh like 7200lbs LOL and my tranny is only good for about 70hp over stock. Depending on what box i get, I might be able to run 100hp setting a couple times just no boosted launches

nojoke: i cant wait to see that thing run too, let me know when you head up there I wouldnt mine being there.

trav907: Yea it is a very expensive hobby lol, especially one you go F/I....I noticed your number is 9820, mine is 9826, pretty damn close lol

Its a streetcar, give me some slack :D:D AC, leather, full interior. Plus I dropped my daughter off at the sitters today in it :):)

Here is some old passes when I was down in FL for a couple of years....just moved back up last fall. I changed some stuff up, pulled some weight outa the car, suspension changed etc....its like starting at at square 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6NbCNd4rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5AmCzxDOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-5uOPbeQk&feature=related track was cold, had some issues

Cant wait for ridin to get here, moddin this car makes moddin your sled look like modding a broomstick.

Sounds bad a$$, but whats with all the red lights lol

Usally they do, actually I think they are goin to have a points race this yr. Usually I jsut do test and tune or trophy class. Trophy is bracket racing...14s wont be to hard for your Dmax with the right box. I am hoping to get into the 14s in complete street trim too, but I think that is more wishful thinking for me, I weigh like 7200lbs LOL and my tranny is only good for about 70hp over stock. Depending on what box i get, I might be able to run 100hp setting a couple times just no boosted launches

nojoke: i cant wait to see that thing run too, let me know when you head up there I wouldnt mine being there.

trav907: Yea it is a very expensive hobby lol, especially one you go F/I....I noticed your number is 9820, mine is 9826, pretty damn close lol
Man, wish my car ran 10s...

Nick, doesnt those auto trannis suck on diesels??? So expensive to build for somewhat light mods on these newer diesels

Sounds bad a$$, but whats with all the red lights lol

Trying to cut a new light with a new clutch that was out of adjustment usually = redlight for me. Not like it effects your ET lol.....Im usually in the .570 area on a sportman tree and .490 pm on a pro tree

Im gonna get the boot this year quickly I assume after I make some passes.

Last edited:
nojoke....nice car. Wanna race? You pick the distance over 1/8 mile, and I pick the "track"...he he he

AK800VE, what kind of truck do you have? My F250 C/C, L/B weighs 8600 with me in it. Frickin heavy! There are similar (mods) trucks like mine running high 13's, low 14's. But ive got bigger tires, so I know it should slow me down a bit. I should still be at a respectable time though...

Joe

I need to check that track out this summer for sure, This will be my first summer away from racing in a long time. Heres a pic of me and my Dads race car from MN. 1968 Mercury Cougar, 408 small block strocker. Dyno'd @ 560 hp on flywheel. Mid 11 car.

Hey Joe, maybe we should have a battle of the diesels this summer!;)

IMG_1333.jpg
[/IMG]

nojoke....nice car. Wanna race? You pick the distance over 1/8 mile, and I pick the "track"...he he he

AK800VE, what kind of truck do you have? My F250 C/C, L/B weighs 8600 with me in it. Frickin heavy! There are similar (mods) trucks like mine running high 13's, low 14's. But ive got bigger tires, so I know it should slow me down a bit. I should still be at a respectable time though...

Joe

diesels scare me, no thanks :eek::eek::eek::D:D

Man, wish my car ran 10s...

Nick, doesnt those auto trannis suck on diesels??? So expensive to build for somewhat light mods on these newer diesels

Yes they do lol

nojoke said:
Trying to cut a new light with a new clutch that was out of adjustment usually = redlight for me. Not like it effects your ET lol.....Im usually in the .570 area on a sportman tree and .490 pm on a pro tree

Im gonna get the boot this year quickly I assume after I make some passes.

sportsman tree is where each amber lights up on 1 at a time right? are these times based on a .000 being a perfect light?

If you think you will get the boot, you must not have a cage??

cbolt said:

Joe

Joe did you see his vids, he is running 6sec 1/8mile, thats freaking moving. You think you can beat him in the 1/8th? Unless when you say "track" you mean the street lol, then yea no way....major traction problems lol. Heck my slow a$$ truck would probably come close to win in the 1/8mile on the street haha

I have a 2006 mega cab 4x4 5.9. I dont think it weights as much as yours lol, I should weight it lol. Northern Diesel has some powerstrokes in the high 13s. What do you have done to yours?

nojoke said:
diesels scare me, no thanks

there aint a diesel in town that can touch you car....well at the track

Yes they do lol

sportsman tree is where each amber lights up on 1 at a time right? are these times based on a .000 being a perfect light?

If you think you will get the boot, you must not have a cage??

Joe did you see his vids, he is running 6sec 1/8mile, thats freaking moving. You think you can beat him in the 1/8th? Unless when you say "track" you mean the street lol, then yea no way....major traction problems lol. Heck my slow a$$ truck would probably come close to win in the 1/8mile on the street haha

I have a 2006 mega cab 4x4 5.9. I dont think it weights as much as yours lol, I should weight it lol. Northern Diesel has some powerstrokes in the high 13s. What do you have done to yours?

there aint a diesel in town that can touch you car....well at the track

It depends on the track and which timing system they are using whether it prints out on the .000 scale or .500 or .600. Sportsman you get seperate lights, pro tree they all come on, then green.

I can hold my own on the street :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im running it on a radial for a reason, for one it represents what it does in true street trim, and it drives like its on rails. For anyone that has ever driven a big tire or car on slicks you know what im talkin about. Not to concerned with ET right now, I know what it will do on a good tire, the mph will tell the story with this combo. Im running more mph in the 1/8th than the average streetcar does in the 1/4. I have alot in store for next winter, just want a good dialed in motor combo right now.

It depends on the track and which timing system they are using whether it prints out on the .000 scale or .500 or .600. Sportsman you get seperate lights, pro tree they all come on, then green.

I can hold my own on the street :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im running it on a radial for a reason, for one it represents what it does in true street trim, and it drives like its on rails. For anyone that has ever driven a big tire or car on slicks you know what im talkin about. Not to concerned with ET right now, I know what it will do on a good tire, the mph will tell the story with this combo. Im running more mph in the 1/8th than the average streetcar does in the 1/4. I have alot in store for next winter, just want a good dialed in motor combo right now.

they use a .000 here on a sportsman tree. I just figuared a car like yours wouldnt hook on the street...What is your mph in the 1/8th mile?

they use a .000 here on a sportsman tree. I just figuared a car like yours wouldnt hook on the street...What is your mph in the 1/8th mile?

Ive been a best of 109, average of 105-106

Didnt say it would hook hahah, it just makes up for it once it does hook. It would hook when I lived in FL in the dead of summer 95 degree days, but otherwise it had issues there also. With the ruts here, gravel and sand it only complicates the matter. Plus I dont even think there is a good concrete surface here, except on the bridges.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back