• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whittier Report *sorta

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
It was awesome riding with you guys yesterday. Thanks for letting me tag along. You all have some serious skills, I was impressed. Here's a pic of that sick insane line that 2 as yet unknown riders threw down. Its what isn't in the picture that makes the line so impressive, it was a long way down if they didn't make the corner.
It was a great day, should've taken more pics, especially of the carnage session in the alders. Unfortunately all the pics in the world don't really do the beauty of that place justice. Have a great (and short) summer. Storm

2009-05-09 064.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LiveAlaska

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
It was awesome riding with you guys yesterday. Thanks for letting me tag along. You all have some serious skills, I was impressed. Here's a pic of that sick insane line that 2 as yet unknown riders threw down. Its what isn't in the picture that makes the line so impressive, it was a long way down if they didn't make the corner.
It was a great day, should've taken more pics, especially of the carnage session in the alders. Unfortunately all the pics in the world don't really do the beauty of that place justice. Have a great (and short) summer. Storm

Good to meet you Storm, yeah those guys can sure ride! You have a good summer also and will be looking for you come riding season.
Later
Mike

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
:eek:
Yep, nuttin like a blind freeslide down into big alders, all six of us one after another. Kinda like lemmings! Word to the wise for others... don't try to go down to shotgun cove... it's done for the year.

Great pics!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the tour you and Mark sure can show a fellow rider a good time:eek:
Lemmings, yeah no sheeeet!! I can still recall my thoughts as I looked at the drop in.... and it started with this isn't gonna be pretty :eek: :eek: LMAO!!!
So, what's the prognosis on your motor??
Thanks again for inviting me to join up with you guys, had a great time.
Later,
Mike

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
How's the snow holding up? Still going to be rideable this weekend?

Snows good maybe a couple feet left at the road. As long as they don't get a bunch of rain it should be good thru the weekend. I'm done for the season, gotta work, work and work some more. Nice to close out the season in Whittier, was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen!!

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Snows good maybe a couple feet left at the road. As long as they don't get a bunch of rain it should be good thru the weekend. I'm done for the season, gotta work, work and work some more. Nice to close out the season in Whittier, was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen!!

Grrrrr..... I'm so close to loading up and heading south. I hope all hell breaks loose and I gotta work. :p

Reactions: unclemark

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Grrrrr..... I'm so close to loading up and heading south. I hope all hell breaks loose and I gotta work. :p

Hey Mag,
LMAO! Thought you all were thinking Summit this Sunday. Wish you could have been there was a blast for sure. The climb out of Shotgun reminded me of the stuckfest we had on that hill in Cantwell. What a funny sight that was had 4 guys stuck with in about 10yards of each other, 3 in the trees!! All fun and good times had by all. Will look forward to spending more time with the Northern crew next year

Reactions: unclemark
W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Rode whittier again today with my buddy cleve... rode my sled instead, that XP is garbage - too bad i just snowchecked one!?!??! :rolleyes: We went WAAAAY back, followed your tracks, found a couple step ups... it was fun. Weather was good.

Got my GPS to go past the 3500 ft mark... pretty impressive since we started at just over sea level.

Once again, Chad sold out... but what else is new?:p

Last edited:
H
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone mind showing a newbie around on Sunday? I've never been around Whittier before, but after seeing those pics I think I gotta check it out.

M
Nov 11, 2008
Alaska
its my birthday tomorrow and I want to ride whittier either tomorrow, saturday or sunday, I have been there before a couple times and am looking for people to go with.

M
Jan 1, 2008
It is raining in Whittier. The clouds are down low and the visibility is going to be very bad. Be very careful as there are a large number of areas that you do not want to fall off.

I am busy tomorrow but will likely hit it on Saturday as there is supposed to be a break in the weather.

Mark 745-7425

tsnowak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
:beer;

My buddy Tom and I on Monday, he wasn't real pleased following me down on that one.:D We were headed to Shotgun as I was showing him around, and didnt feel like backtracking. After we navi'd the rocks the sweeping downhill left caught me off guard a bit as that spring snow washed out through the turn. Way less snow up there compared to this time last year, the face leading down to Blackstone isn't even rideable- done. At least we got a last ride in.:beer; Tuck

/

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK

My buddy Tom and I on Monday, he wasn't real pleased following me down on that one.:D We were headed to Shotgun as I was showing him around, and didnt feel like backtracking. After we navi'd the rocks the sweeping downhill left caught me off guard a bit as that spring snow washed out through the turn. Way less snow up there compared to this time last year, the face leading down to Blackstone isn't even rideable- done. At least we got a last ride in.:beer; Tuck

/
You my friend have a massive set of cajones and some serious skills to back them up!!! I would really like to have that move on film, very impressive. I'll buy some beers for that one if we ever meet up.
Whittier was a great way to end the year. Looking forward to a short summer and lots of snow in October! Storm

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Yup Tuck (tsnowak) and Tom can ride and I've got pix to prove it!
First is Tuck and the second is Tom.

Oh yeah Tuck... thanks for the invite D1ck!....and of course I couldn't have gone! Cheers!

tree jumper.jpg Tom c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tsnowak
M
Jan 1, 2008
I am heading down tomorrow. Noon tunnel opening. Riding two up with my wife. hoping for a break in the weather. Maroon F350 with 14 ft Sledbed and the XP 156.

Mark

Premium Features