• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler-Pemberton official 09-10 thread

Lookin for somebody that has the day off tomorrow and wants to get that first ride in. Brandywine...... Rutherford your pic:D

Just send me a pm today

Got the winter tires on the truck, deck on the truck, sled on the deck and ready to head up Rutherford tommorrow!

Ditto! Except I am riding Brohm. First day on the new turbo! Just have to watch for rocks!!

Summitseeker New turbo? what kind I tried my new turbo out on sunday at brohm it was sick

Can't wait to try mine out either but I find rocks to easy:eek:....... have to wait for a little more snow. Have a great ride

Summitseeker New turbo? what kind I tried my new turbo out on sunday at brohm it was sick

I saw your pic! Did you buy the one that was for sale in Poco at the Yamaha Dealer for a smokin price? I had a deposit on that one in case the first guy did not go through. LOL

Mine is a MCX with most the goodies. I still need a new front end and new skis.

Rodspics010.jpg

Rodspics016.jpg

Got the winter tires on the truck, deck on the truck, sled on the deck and ready to head up Rutherford tommorrow!

Ugh, jealous. Working 12-14 hour days construction, which is a not so pleasant in the snow. Hopefully I'll have enough banked to take all of jan-april off.. have fun up there, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much snow there is.

Did you take the OEC Challenge course last nov? If so yeah thats probably me. :D

Thats a meen looking Machine. I bought mine in the end of march last year from Diamond head Yamaha in Squamish. Put about 700km on it and had Harvey install a powderlites stage 3 kit. He did a really good job everything is clean and everything seems to work well so far. We will have to hook up for a ride this winter. Go and terrorize the slopes.

Unloaded a 6K. It was deeeeeeeeeep! Seemed like a "Doo" stuckfest! LOL

The sled needs a few minor adjustments....I cannot keep the skis down and at one point while breaking trail up the causeway it came all the way back over and down on top of me. Apparently there is an upgrade for that timbersled skid that is a must! Lucky enough the snow was deep so I did not get hurt. The power is insane and I could not get the smile off my face the whole day!!

Made it to the cabin and half way through the meadows where we turned around due to creeks and willows. I parked at the dam but you could unload a little sooner. I want to thank Robert (Klimbing Kitty) and Steve for helping me break trail. Snow was knee deep at the start of the trees and waist deep at the cabin. It nice and heavy stuff so should make for a great base. We packed the trail down pretty good so you should even be able to get your mother to the cabin but probably not past it. The more the snow gets pack down now the better the trail will be all year, if you are headed up pack down any stuff that we missed. The only reason we where able to get to the cabin at all is from all the work the club has down over the years fixing up the trail. Remember that part of your membership or trail fees is for more than just the grooming. With the trail the way it is now the groomer should be able to get to the cabin with a couple of more feet of snow! There is a tree down across the trail on the last hill before the cabin and will need to be removed before the groomer goes up. I meant to bring my saw but forgot it so if anyone is going up in the next day or two if they can cut it up that would be great.

The alpine looks like it still needs a couple more feet to ride on safely.

Going to check out the Hurley tomorrow.

PB110002.jpg

PB110005.jpg

PB110007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod you need to pack on a few pounds to keep that front end down, 1 lb bacon and a dozen eggs every morning 2 or 3 big meal super sized burgers for lunch and a 20 oz steak and a pound of potatoes for diner and a case a beer should beef you up in a couple of weeks.:D

Unloaded a 6K. It was deeeeeeeeeep! Seemed like a "Doo" stuckfest! LOL

The sled needs a few minor adjustments....I cannot keep the skis down and at one point while breaking trail up the causeway it came all the way back over and down on top of me. Apparently there is an upgrade for that timbersled skid that is a must! Lucky enough the snow was deep so I did not get hurt. The power is insane and I could not get the smile off my face the whole day!!

Whistler Mtn snow report is now up. Links are on first post

Last Updated: 11/11/2009 9:49:47 AM
Snow
New 24 Hours 48 Hours 7 Days Snowbase
18 cm 30 cm 48 cm 108 cm 95 cm
7 in 12 in 19 in 42 in 37 in
Total cumulative snowfall * Snow depths are measured at Pig Alley Weather Station - 1650m (Mid-Mountain) on Whistler Mtn.
148 cm
58 in

Thanx for the day Ray. Had a pretty good first day out for the season and the trail is in great shape. Definetely glad I did not take the new turbo out as somehow I easily find the exposed boulder on the way out....ouch:eek:

IMG_5850.jpg IMG_5851.jpg

No pics today but was up the Hurley. Unloaded at 19K. The road has been plowed by Backcountry Snowcats so it pretty thin in spots. I talked to Reg and he said they won't be plowing it anymore this winter. Rode up to end of of the Hope creek meadows where the big cross ditch cross the road. and then up to the start of the Noel trail. Snow is much thinner and dry than what we rode yesterday up the Rutherford. About knee deep at the start of the Noel trail and unfortunatly there was a thick layer of surface hoar. Hard to say how wide spread it is and it will be buried tommorrow. Keep this info in mind later on as it may become a weak layer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Itching to get the sled out, but I was ski touring up the duffey today and also saw this surface hoar. saw it at the highway all the way to the mountain top. Was getting pretty windy in the alpine on our way out though... hopefully it will get broken down a bit before significant snowfall burries it.

PB120024.jpg PB120038.jpg

Rod you need to pack on a few pounds to keep that front end down, 1 lb bacon and a dozen eggs every morning 2 or 3 big meal super sized burgers for lunch and a 20 oz steak and a pound of potatoes for diner and a case a beer should beef you up in a couple of weeks.:D

thats what lew eats everyday, so I can say it works pretty good.....Rod sent us the play by play on the BB, which made work suck even more.... BTW The M sled would have never got stuck.....:D

@

Premium Features

Back