• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where are the Freshies?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
some fresh snow where I am, lotsa windblown. I'll go tomorrow if the weather improves. Tonight is Rum nite though. ;)

Careful what ya ask for ;)

Sounds like your asking me out>>>JOKING..Actually would love to ride with a lady that could out ride me..just sounds like fun....So I noticed in some of your pics that you like riding the northside of eureka...have you ridden north of my cabin on the little O?Of all the places I've ridden it is by far my favorite place.mike

This is the only cabin I remember seeing back there - last April was my first time making it all the way back to the Big O, it is an awesome place to play!! Have you been yet this year? Eureka has been sorely lacking the sweet and deep.

DSC03747.jpg

yea, thats my cabin...kids and I spent a week up there at x-mass riding our x-mass presents...was good snow there and some great snow in other places I like...normally put on about 5000 miles a year there...riding just gets better and better from where that cabin sits...

by the way blondz, if my cabin is as far north as you went..then that was the little O..my cabin sits between the little O and the big O....am headed up friday night..if your in the area,,swing by say hi..will show you some good powder....if its not all rock hard from the weather...mike

by the way blondz, if my cabin is as far north as you went..then that was the little O..my cabin sits between the little O and the big O....am headed up friday night..if your in the area,,swing by say hi..will show you some good powder....if its not all rock hard from the weather...mike

We went past your cabin in all directions and played a little bit - but didn't drop down into the Big O ~ just overlooked it from on high. We are thinking about coming up there this weekend. If we venture back in that area - we will definitely stop in to say hello :)

cool..yea getting down on the big O from my cabin can be tricky...am gonna be on yacko creek at my buddies cabin friday and hopefully my cabin on saturday...do you know where yacko creek is? some fun riding there as well.

cool..yea getting down on the big O from my cabin can be tricky...am gonna be on yacko creek at my buddies cabin friday and hopefully my cabin on saturday...do you know where yacko creek is? some fun riding there as well.

So what's the verdict?? Is there good snow north of Eureka and is it tough sledding (rocks) to get to where the good snow is? I'm looking to go somewhere this weekend, but I haven't been to Eureka yet this year. Some of my friends were saying the snow conditions there are pretty sparse so far this winter. Like everyone else, I'm trying to find find out where the good snow may be, north or south of Anchorage.

Should be lots of snow at Turnagain, but I assume it will be like riding on mashed taters. Was up there on Monday and the riding deteriorated fast. Has been warm and rainy/slushy/snowy since. Wonder if Eureka would be worth the trip?

Finally Some Fresh Spring Riding!

Well checked the puter this morning and #2 was reopend.
015.jpg

Lots of freshies to be had
009.jpg

The further back you got the deeeeeeeeeper it got.
020.jpg

All in All awsome day for leaving the truck at 2p:D
032.jpg

Lol good luck with that, my boys on longtracks were smashin on me yesterday in the deep. My only complaint with this chassis is the approach angle of the track, it really keeps you from gettin on top and gaining speed when the snow is deep/moist. I think I'm gonna do a suspension setback this summer and see how much that helps..

Premium Features

Back