• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well my season is screwed!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Once it heals get to the gym and rehab it. I've been battling my shoulder for years since it first dislocated in an avvy. I can't say enough about how important it is to rehab it, unless you want it to keep popping out..

Tim, sorry to hear about your spill. I have to agree with homeslice. Stick with PT and don't over do it while riding. I have had so many right & left shoulder and back surgery's that I am sure I put my surgeon's kids through college. I didn't listen after one of my surgeries and now my shoulders are permanently screwed up. I am going to be 41 the end of this month, and one other lesson I keep "relearning" is that you don't heal as fast as you used too. Hope to see you out riding & here is to a speedy recovery!

Thanks nojoke. I feel for you too. Yours is worse than mine. atleast I can get up and move around. Just lame the way it happened. Good thing about though is that its a wokers comp thing. Still, somehow I think I'd feel better if I crashed a sled or whatever instead of stubbing my toe on a step:mad:

It sucks, either way although this cold snap has made it a lil less worse hahah. I manage to get around, doc is gonna clear me to drive in a week or so. I feel the same way breaking it off something so lame. Your covered so its all good. Been ridin for a lil while now, managed to make it this far, although I look at the bright side after watching the news and surfin the net all day, it ALWAYS can be worse.

Good Luck and speedy recovery

Bummer.. I just had shoulder surgery last year My right shoulder would pop out about every four weeks and it never got any less pain full. Do your REHAB hopefully you will be shredding soon. P.S do not opt for surgery I have had four different surgery's and the shoulder was BY FAR THE WORST RECOVERY for time and pain. sucked big time.. And yes if i see ya on the hill I will be glad to pull a ski for ya.

Update

Just had my 1st doc appt today since dislocating my shoulder. The good news is Doc feels it will heal up fine with no surgery:) Bad news is 6 more weeks in the sling:mad: I will do as he says and drive my poor wife crazy til then!:D

Just had my 1st doc apptn today since dislocateing my shoulder. The good news is Doc feels it will heal up fine with no surgeery:) Bad news is 6 more weeks in the sling:mad: I will do as he says and drive my poor wife crazy til then!:D

you got 3 weeks tops..then doug,troy and I are coming to get spike and be a bad bad influence on him....:D

Just had my 1st doc appt today since dislocating my shoulder. The good news is Doc feels it will heal up fine with no surgery:) Bad news is 6 more weeks in the sling:mad: I will do as he says and drive my poor wife crazy til then!:D

Bummer..

You can still come down with Doug and help him serve the beers?

Make sure you stick to the doc's rules. no need to make things worse.:beer;:beer;

That is MUCH better than surgery which would have put you out of the game for the rest of the season. At least now you will be able to ride in March :D

Thank Heavens the wife works so she can get some time away from you hugh ;)

That is MUCH better than surgery which would have put you out of the game for the rest of the season. At least now you will be able to ride in March :D

Thank Heavens the wife works so she can get some time away from you hugh ;)

hey D, how ya liking alaska? and how ya liking the riding? we gotta hook up and go one of these days...mike

hey D, how ya liking alaska? and how ya liking the riding? we gotta hook up and go one of these days...mike

So Dvarmit, you ready for a Lost Lake ride while I have one hand tied behind my back to even things out a little? Still heading this way this weekend? Let me know.

I don't think we have met yet, but we live in the same town or at least close!
I live out in Sterling, you have most likely delivered some very important package to our home?
Hope you heal up fast! The good news for you is there is no good snow to ride in yet! But it is coming!!!!!!! We pray:)

PM me with your name.

This state is awesome. It's one huge play ground. Riding is a little frustrating but fun. I can't get my brain to turn right, hit the flipper and lean to turn left. That concept of turning the opposite way just doesn't make sense when I go to do it. The one day I couldn't turn no matter what I did so I just got a little bent and grabbed the bars, yanked to the right, stepped over the seat and leaned into it to get her to turn. Wasn't very pretty but it worked.

I was hoping to get more powder time after the cold snap but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Thank God for guys like ultrarider and ak800rmk151 and the guys on this forum. I have a bit of "knowledge" but need some "field instruction" :D Shot me a pm if you want to go just remember you'll need to be in "instructor" mode since I am still teething.

So Dvarmit, you ready for a Lost Lake ride while I have one hand tied behind my back to even things out a little? Still heading this way this weekend? Let me know.

Yeah, we are heading down on Saturday morning. Make sure you and the wife have a good appetite we are going to take you out for chow!

Can't bring the sleds though.. not enough room for the furniture and the sleds. :( Ryan is trying to work out a trip though. I think he said he talked to you yesterday. He mentioned going to Hatchers to try out the new fixes.. At this point I am game for anything !

Yeah, we are heading down on Saturday morning. Make sure you and the wife have a good appetite we are going to take you out for chow!

Can't bring the sleds though.. not enough room for the furniture and the sleds. :( Ryan is trying to work out a trip though. I think he said he talked to you yesterday. He mentioned going to Hatchers to try out the new fixes.. At this point I am game for anything !

LOL,, im going nucking futs man:p..... Tim sorry about the dropped call, stupid phones. I would have called you on the onstar but i havent memorized your number (in my dead phone) LOL Give me a shout tomrrow when you get done driving the ol Lady mad:D

mmmmmm Beer! Pipeline, here we come.:D

Are you going to make it??

It would be a treat for you just to ride. Probably drink at the Elks lodge, Beers cheaper, less smoke, and Ron Woods said he would donate the ball room..

If that is the case I will buy a keg. I am praying the bambino doesn't show up early!! We will find out in a week or so:beer;:beer;

Are you going to make it??

It would be a treat for you just to ride. Probably drink at the Elks lodge, Beers cheaper, less smoke, and Ron Woods said he would donate the ball room..

If that is the case I will buy a keg. I am praying the bambino doesn't show up early!! We will find out in a week or so:beer;:beer;

I'm pretty sure we are going, is there any snow to ride on?

Premium Features

Back