• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well my season is screwed!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
As many of you know, Iam a Fedex driver. I tripped going up a set of stairs tonight and dislocated my left shoulder. after 3 hours in er I finally made it home. The good news is it is my brake arm! Bad news is in Jan 95 I slipped on the ice while delivering and dislocated the same arm then. That winter I put on 2500 miles with my arm in a sling:eek: There is no light or limited duty for us at work so I was out for about 3 months til the doc's would give me a clean bill of health. I had to do something to prevent cabin fever so ride it was:D Looks like I will be asking my freinds to be pulling a ski for me alittle more often this winter! Hope you guys will slow up alittle and let this wounded old guy tag along:confused: We'll see how I feel after the morphine wears off in a while:face-icon-small-hap

B
Nov 16, 2008
bummer that sucks sorry to hear that. You know on the slope it is manditory to wear traction devices in the winter you may want to bring that up in a safety meeting if you guys have them. They are a pain in the *** to wear some times but they do save a fall.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
bummer that sucks sorry to hear that. You know on the slope it is manditory to wear traction devices in the winter you may want to bring that up in a safety meeting if you guys have them. They are a pain in the *** to wear some times but they do save a fall.

Oh trust on the traction devices, you will all but get denied a workman comp claim if you get hurt without them. Kinda like a no seatbelt in a wreck. what is so silly and stupid all I did was catch my toe on a step while climbing, just didn't lift my foot high enough! I was even holding the handle (which mandatory as well) just caught it square. Hope I wont be needing any surgery since this is the second time on that shoulder. GoD typing one handed is a PIA!!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Oh trust on the traction devices, you will all but get denied a workman comp claim if you get hurt without them. Kinda like a no seatbelt in a wreck. what is so silly and stupid all I did was catch my toe on a step while climbing, just didn't lift my foot high enough! I was even holding the handle (which mandatory as well) just caught it square. Hope I wont be needing any surgery since this is the second time on that shoulder. GoD typing one handed is a PIA!!!

dont worry tim, I will get you some slow moving vehicle signs for the sled........

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Bummer dude. Looks like some flat land riding this season

naaa, may need some help gettin up the first hill on firemans, but I'll still be tearing up lost lake! It makes you a better rider. You'd be suprised how well you can carve and side hill sitting down with some practice! hook them toes in, lay over, commit and pinit! Do't get me wrong, I'd much rather have both arms and brake:eek:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Damn that suck's, It's bad enough a guy's gotta work to play but when work interferes with play that's B.S. :D :beer;

H
Oct 8, 2003
Anchorage, AK
Once it heals get to the gym and rehab it. I've been battling my shoulder for years since it first dislocated in an avvy. I can't say enough about how important it is to rehab it, unless you want it to keep popping out..

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Speedy recovery to you. Im in the same boat with you this season, no weight bearing till late march due to my broken femur, and im done for the season.

Good luck

Thanks nojoke. I feel for you too. Yours is worse than mine. atleast I can get up and move around. Just lame the way it happened. Good thing about though is that its a wokers comp thing. Still, somehow I think I'd feel better if I crashed a sled or whatever instead of stubbing my toe on a step:mad:

Homeslice, thanks for the heads up about the rehab. Having been there once before many years ago, i couldn't agree with you more! I will take the rehab serious.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I still think you need to strengthen that baby up with 100 push-ups every morning. :D No PAIN no gain..

Premium Features