• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

We are booked for Island Park. A few questions.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Exxon in big sky
Our plan is to leave Bozeman Monday morning 01/02 and get Montana permits in Big Sky and then park and ride the area where the Wapiti cabin is. Then when we are done riding head to IP. We can't get into our cabin in IP until after 4:00 pm anyway, so that's why we thought we might as well hit an area on the way. Is this a good or bad plan? Anyone?

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Our plan is to leave Bozeman Monday morning 01/02 and get Montana permits in Big Sky and then park and ride the area where the Wapiti cabin is. Then when we are done riding head to IP. We can't get into our cabin in IP until after 4:00 pm anyway, so that's why we thought we might as well hit an area on the way. Is this a good or bad plan? Anyone?

I would watch the weather and hit the area that received the most recent snows. You could hit buck which is 3-4 miles south of Exxon in biggy. Right past the coral bar on the right side of the road. Or Taylor fork about 12 miles south of exxon past the 320 ranch a couple miles. Parking on the right. If the storms go south then that's where I would go in the morning. Lionhead, black canyon, two top, jeffy. Either way sounds like there some weather coming in right before the 1st.

I will give some updates around the area later this week.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
You're going to have a great trip. We found bumper to headlight deep snow around IP the past few days. All smiles here. The drive on O94/90 was the most adversity we faced as it was closed on the way out and it closed again today but that's winter driving.

IMG_2654.jpg

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
There is more snow from two top and south. Since I been here rode Jefferson, two top ,black canyon,lions head,blackmt, and tepee. Going back to black canyon today will be my last day.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
We left this morning. Tad cold at times during the week. Looks like more snow on the way. IMG_6560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features