• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo R belt life?

Maybe this thread is out there already but I didn't find any info... I blew my belt today at 520 Miles, seems a little premature to me? How far has everybody else with a Turbo R been getting on their belts before they exploded. My belt was always adjusted to sit within spec and never have seen a belt temp warning. I have been riding my 163" track mostly deep snow days with minimal trail riding since the day I got this sled so maybe that contributed to early failure? Just curios what everyone else is experiencing. Thanks!

I am guessing you may not actually have a turbo r. Someone sold you a 2016 summit with a 163". I am sorry there are people who take advantage of ignorance every day, it's a shame really.
Ha! old habits... My 2016 163 would go well over 1000 miles before I even thought about changing the belt in that sled. But yeah Turbo R has a little more power than the old sled. I did put about 800 miles on my 22 turbo and that belt seemed great when I sold that sled.

929.5 miles before this. Though considering how I’ve been abusing the belt. I’m more than satisfied. Even if I got 500 miles I’d have been happy.
113023dc7e1f71bb7c8a4c77cc27d790.jpg

06827c172f03c6b30161faccc33bf9d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am at 1000 miles on original belt. I will probably resign it to being a spare but it still looks good. I have rode 4 different clutch setups this year.

I have close to 700 miles on my G5 turbo on the factory belt, stage 1 map tune. I feel like that is very very good with the amount of abuse I've put that belt through. I broke in a new belt and with put that on now. You blow a belt under full power on one of these it can cause some damage, a new belt once in a while is much cheaper.

I have close to 700 miles on my G5 turbo on the factory belt, stage 1 map tune. I feel like that is very very good with the amount of abuse I've put that belt through. I broke in a new belt and with put that on now. You blow a belt under full power on one of these it can cause some damage, a new belt once in a while is much cheaper.
Hey how do you like that stage 1 maptune? Have you run it for the full 700? Performance difference noticeable, you can pm me if better

Maybe this thread is out there already but I didn't find any info... I blew my belt today at 520 Miles, seems a little premature to me? How far has everybody else with a Turbo R been getting on their belts before they exploded. My belt was always adjusted to sit within spec and never have seen a belt temp warning. I have been riding my 163" track mostly deep snow days with minimal trail riding since the day I got this sled so maybe that contributed to early failure? Just curios what everyone else is experiencing. Thanks!
i just blew my first one at 680 miles. no belt temp warning either. i thought it was supposed to beep at ya.

Premium Features

Back