• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tool List and Winter Survival Gear for Pro-Ride

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I use a powermadd wrap up tool bag for my essential tools. I think a pro battery box could be rigged up as a tool bag holder, I've used those old oil quart bottle underhood holder for the tool bag on other sleds.

FWIW, I also carry spare exhaust springs. Sleds roll, pipes get liberated, springs get launced or broke, can save a day. Better than cobbling springs off your buddy's sleds.

12ft of safety wire, and lots of tie wraps, too.

R
Dec 8, 2007
Regina
kits

We use the little camping pot with a handle that locks the lid shut for holding our survival kits< this way the container can be used to melt snow for coffee etc and has a dual use, inside this we keep our soup mix ,(tampons) for fire starter, advil, matches, batteries,tea bags, camp stove,tin foil,space blanket, hand warmers and I think something else but I would have to open it up to check. As well as a small cordura pouch for a tool kit, Short wrenches, leatherman, multi screw driver, Plier wrench ( Mac tools way handy !) bailing wire, zip ties, electrical tape, allen wrench and torx bits ( to fit Leatherman ), cord and a couple of carabiners ( used more than you would beleive). Most problems are broke parts or electrical, either way its a trip back to the trailer so we keep other parts etc there, why carrry the extra weight.

F
Dec 17, 2010
Lake Tapps
What do you carry for Tools?

Hey guys, wanted to see what nuggets of wisdom you might have on what you have found to be a necessity in your tool kits, whether its PRO specific or in general. Ideas and tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wave:

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Duct tape
Electrical tape
Small roll of wire

Cheap 1500 pound ratchet strap- small lightweight tow rope

Polaris tool kit

Assortment of common size metric wrench (10-15) has tho pretty well covered

Crescent wrench

Allan key set, one of the ones where they are all attached to a common hinge to keep them from going randomly missing

Pliars or vice grips

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
I would add the largest size of wire ties you can find. We have actually used the ties to hold the track together to get back to the trailer. On the new Pro's I got the tools from Edgeworks to replace the belt and a 17 mm socket and a 8mm hex socket 3/8 ratchet wrench.

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
I use a Cruise Toolz tool kit. Had it for for about 9 years now.
Has safety wire,zip ties,small flashlight,adjustable wrench,a few allen and torx wrenches,screw/ nutdriver,spark plug socket,small visegrips a small set of standard/metric wrenches and a couple shop rags.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
In addition to others mentioned...

Always have five or so exhaust springs. Extra skid bolts. Multitool.

Pro has both metric and standard allens. I carry shorty torx, too.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
Like said above I always carry Allen's, wrenches, a few of the more common sized sockets, ratchet, cresent wrench, etc. I've also got a few fire starters that my grandpa got in WWII. They're actually kind of cool, like little cans that will stay lit for a few hours to get a good fire going. Also a bunch of zip ties. I've also heard of putting dryer lint in a ziplock bag. That stuff is extremely flammable.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Most every thing mentioned above plus two 15 mm combination wrenches to adjust the track and a, well,

a half a roll of butt wipe :face-icon-small-sho

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Most every thing mentioned above plus two 15 mm combination wrenches to adjust the track and a, well,

a half a roll of butt wipe :face-icon-small-sho
Butt wipes yes. Water proof matches. Compass. Knife. Folding saw.
Jimmy John's Phone Number. :face-icon-small-dis

azzkicker

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
tools

Pretty much the above plus 100' of thin rope or mule tape for self recovery or whatever,10'of 1/4"hose (siphon fuel sled to sled, oil or fire)As mentioned the BIG zip ties (36-48")hand pull chain saw.

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
Leatherman, 10-19mm wrenches, allen's, crescent, large zip ties, saw, 100' 3/8" climbing rope, 3 pulleys, 1 pulley ratchet and a pipe.

Premium Features