• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THUNDER MOUNTAIN LODGE RETIRING

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Mark, thanks to you introducing me to the mountain segment of riding I am now broke. The Chicago boys made a "once in a lifetime trip" out west and decided after speaking with you on the phone that TML was the place we needed to be. Indeed it was one of the best trips I've had and am proud to say there were many more since because of you and the TML family. we have met lots of great people out there that we still stay in contact with today. Thank you for all you have done for us the past few years, for introducing me to polaris, and for the unforgettable lasagna!! See you soon bossman!

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I am going to really miss TML. So many great memories and meeting great people every time I visited. Hope we can ride together this winter Mark.

Mike Duffy

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
TML reservations

Does anyone else have deposits and reservations for this winter previously scheduled? What is the plan for those individuals? If someone has a means of contacting Mark I would really appreciate it. I am having a terrible time getting him to respond to Michelle or myself.

H
Feb 28, 2012
Does anyone else have deposits and reservations for this winter previously scheduled? What is the plan for those individuals? If someone has a means of contacting Mark I would really appreciate it. I am having a terrible time getting him to respond to Michelle or myself.

I'd love to know myself, had $1,000 worth of Stays at this place and haven't heard anything from mark. nothing nada zilch.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
From what I have seen on the forum I doubt he is the type of guy that would not make it right with a fellow sledder. Last time when we had to push our reservation he flat said "I don't want your money if I can't provide service to you". I am confident he will make it right it's just getting frustrating not getting a response. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: black swan
E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
TML

good luck my pals has been trying to get a title for a trailer from this kat for 3 years always promises. idk what the deal is but it seem strange have only heard good things hope it works out!!

Reactions: dmaxd2500

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Aaron, I will be back on the mountain on Fri. and we will get you taken care of. Lost all of our info in the fire and I know Michelle was trying to find your pymt. If you paid and we are not open I will refund your pymt. Give me till Mon. and I will get you taken care of. Thanks, Mark

From what I have seen on the forum I doubt he is the type of guy that would not make it right with a fellow sledder. Last time when we had to push our reservation he flat said "I don't want your money if I can't provide service to you". I am confident he will make it right it's just getting frustrating not getting a response. Any help would be much appreciated.

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
Somerset, We do have a deal, always have had. Not sure what you are talking about. What do I need to contact you about? I am leaving a few cabins open this winter to satisfy certain needs. Let me know when you want to show up. Lodge number is 970-856-6240

I'd love to know myself, had $1,000 worth of Stays at this place and haven't heard anything from mark. nothing nada zilch.

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
Your right, you don't know what the **** you are talking about. Your pal has been sent the title twice. No one knows where the 1st. went so we sent another this time by certified mail and have the signed receipt back showing he signed for it. I believe he is happy and taken care of. It is always better to post what you really have knowledge of!

good luck my pals has been trying to get a title for a trailer from this kat for 3 years always promises. idk what the deal is but it seem strange have only heard good things hope it works out!!

Reactions: arctic2009
E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Title

Hey man. I am not trying to bash anyone here but i'll bite. MSO and title are different right. He needed a title you provided an MSO eventually no big deal. He then resent you the MSO as in wyo we must have different laws and needed a TITLE. According to him this was no big deal. Everything seemed fine. Then you were hard to get ahold, maybe you were busy idk man I don't care. Bottom line is I know he had a hard time getting it. So 2 years later he gets a certified letter from you after never saying a bad thing about you on snowest or anywhere, opens it and low a behold it is the same damn MSO he mailed back to you 2 years ago. So thats why you have a cert. Letter. I am not trying to bash but I do think it is BS no excuses. It is fun for us though because he has a trailer he paid cash for that just sits there. All the snowmobile guys give him a hard time because he has a decent trailer and still has to pull his sleds with a crappy two place. He doesn't like it but we always give him chit. He now has a sled deck and only uses the trailer for storage. So those are the facts from my stand point and we all know they differ. Maybe he will chime in as I am pretty sure he has saved all the convos. I have no doubt your a stand up guy as everyone seems to say but I have never met you. I know Anson is a good dude who just wishes he could pull his trailer to the mountain.

Reactions: dmaxd2500
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Hey man. I am not trying to bash anyone here but i'll bite. MSO and title are different right. He needed a title you provided an MSO eventually no big deal. He then resent you the MSO as in wyo we must have different laws and needed a TITLE. According to him this was no big deal. Everything seemed fine. Then you were hard to get ahold, maybe you were busy idk man I don't care. Bottom line is I know he had a hard time getting it. So 2 years later he gets a certified letter from you after never saying a bad thing about you on snowest or anywhere, opens it and low a behold it is the same damn MSO he mailed back to you 2 years ago. So thats why you have a cert. Letter. I am not trying to bash but I do think it is BS no excuses. It is fun for us though because he has a trailer he paid cash for that just sits there. All the snowmobile guys give him a hard time because he has a decent trailer and still has to pull his sleds with a crappy two place. He doesn't like it but we always give him chit. He now has a sled deck and only uses the trailer for storage. So those are the facts from my stand point and we all know they differ. Maybe he will chime in as I am pretty sure he has saved all the convos. I have no doubt your a stand up guy as everyone seems to say but I have never met you. I know Anson is a good dude who just wishes he could pull his trailer to the mountain.

MSO has to be submitted by the original paurchaser to apply for a title, just went through that on a Goldwing I bought that was never titled.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
MSO

I believe that is the issue as he is not the original owner he can not work it out. Seems like a very simple fix that would take 5 minutes. I am possibly missing something but IDK what it is. I wish everyone the best of luck in life but a paperweight with wheels has got to suck especially if a person has the power to fix it with a short drive and a pen stroke.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Ok Mark, let me tell you about a matter I do have knowledge of. I'm the poor sob that bought a sled trailer from you over 2 years ago. A certificate of origin is NOT a title and means absolutely nothing in Wyoming to anyone other than the original purchaser. When I picked up the trailer you gave me a certificate of origin for the trailer with YOUR name and business. At that time I did not know this would not be sufficient in the state of Wyoming to obtain a title. So after repeated attempts I finally got ahold of you. You told me to send you the certificate and you would convert it to a title and then send it back to me. Well two years later after several threatening emails and I think one phone call you actually answered I received a certified letter containing the exact certificate of origin that I had sent to you 2 years earlier. After I received the letter and saw what was inside I decided enough was enough. I didn't contact you again because I knew it was a lost cause and that you were not worth any more of my time. I did NOT receive a title and I am NOT happy! Lesson learned. All I can say to those in search of a refund from this so called 'stand up' guy is good luck! Two years from now you might receive a receipt for a refund you never got. Now Mark, who's speaking of matters they have no knowledge of?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Yes we do have titling laws in the state of Colorado for trailers just like you do in Wyoming. And yes the certificate of origin has to be submitted by the original purchaser to obtain a title. To my knowledge, in the state of Colorado the dealer is required to handle this and it is completely behind the scenes, no one ever sees it. Not sure how Mark ended up with no title unless perhaps he bought the trailer in another state. Or maybe he was the dealer?

We DO NOT have titling currently for ATV's and snowmobiles but that is soon to change.

Anyway, I hope you get it worked out. In Colorado I believe that you could apply for a lost title. Here that requires taking the trailer to the local sheriff's office for a VIN inspection and then I think it's like a $100 bond plus the normal plate fees to get a new title from the state.

How much do you want for the trailer? I would be willing to buy it and assume the risk that I could get it titled if the price were right.

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Yes we do have titling laws in the state of Colorado for trailers just like you do in Wyoming. And yes the certificate of origin has to be submitted by the original purchaser to obtain a title. To my knowledge, in the state of Colorado the dealer is required to handle this and it is completely behind the scenes, no one ever sees it. Not sure how Mark ended up with no title unless perhaps he bought the trailer in another state. Or maybe he was the dealer?

We DO NOT have titling currently for ATV's and snowmobiles but that is soon to change.

Anyway, I hope you get it worked out. In Colorado I believe that you could apply for a lost title. Here that requires taking the trailer to the local sheriff's office for a VIN inspection and then I think it's like a $100 bond plus the normal plate fees to get a new title from the state.

How much do you want for the trailer? I would be willing to buy it and assume the risk that I could get it titled if the price were right.

It is not unusual for a dealer to hand the customer the MSO if he pays cash. If financed the MSO is sent by the dealer to become a title and get sent to the financer.

Please do not get carried away with the lost title method. If all that was issued was an MSO there would be no title to be lost and that would not work. And a lost title application sends the last known title to the last know owner.

One other thing and then I will apoligized for sending the thread off topic. In Colorado it is against the law to "jump titles". That is selling a vehicle that the title is not in your name. Sure we all have done it but it is not legal anymore. State requires you to have a title in your name to be able to legally sell a vehicle (they want thier tax money?)

Sorry for sending thread off topic but I did not want anybody getting bad info and costing them money down the road

Back to the thread. :face-icon-small-hap

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Aaron, I will be back on the mountain on Fri. and we will get you taken care of. Lost all of our info in the fire and I know Michelle was trying to find your pymt. If you paid and we are not open I will refund your pymt. Give me till Mon. and I will get you taken care of. Thanks, Mark

Mark, thank you very much for getting this sorted out. Michelle called me this afternoon and we got it taken care of!

L
Oct 12, 2009
Denver Colorado
Give the guy a break !! He lost his lodge to a fire beyond his control. Things happen. It's like loosing your house.Sucks mentally. He made a choice to retire for his own reasons. Yes he is a stand up guy! As you can see he will honor everything he promised. Also in certain states they can give you an mso. Which in certain states your not required to register a trailer or plate it, so an mso is sufficient enough and proof of ownership. So if he gave you an mso he is giving you proof he owned it and probably sold it on a bill of sale which is perfectly legal! Each state is different and they are trying to be conforming. Wyoming can be a pain in the *** at times. I Sell many boats there and they require boats titles. Colorado does not. So when I sell a boat to them they have to go through a process to get a new title made. It's not like I'm going to open up in Wyoming just so I can provide a title to a Wyoming customer. That's why he possible gave you the mso. Slap another trailer plate on it and pull the damn thing ! We all have done that a time or two.
If its a big deal let me know also what it is and price I will buy it. If its reasonable .
Like I said he is a stand up guy. He just answered everyone's request. Did everyone not understand he was in another business adventure and maybe that's what he has been doing the past few months not babysitting snowest forums these past few weeks
I'm sure he's not perfect but neither our we!
So thank you MARK for the best place to stay on the Mesa and opening up your lodge at anytime of the day or night for us late arrivals. Making sure we had been taking care of in many ways.
Ask yourself this?
Did other places give you a full heated garage with tools to fix the sled you just wrecked. NO well he did ! If your truck broke down did he offer his , HE DID. If your sled took a ****! You asked him if he knew of one did he say ride mine , HE DID!
He made and tried to make every one happy while they stayed at his lodge. Another thing is some people you just can't be satisfied no matter what!
I think it will be hard to find another MARK on the Mesa !
There's not one lodge in Colorado that would have done those things!

By the way Mark riding the ears tomorrow. "?!$ old Mark. Inside joke !
Enjoy retirement and your new business adventure !
By the way this is not a paid advertisement !
By the way this sucked typing on my iPone. Sorry for errors.

Reactions: bdubs
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features