• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thompson Pass

Hello, Been living in the interior for about 9 years and have been wanting to go down to thompson pass and do some riding but not sure where to park, or where to ride.

From what I have heard the place seems a bit intimidating to me. I'm not looking for anything extreme, just wanting to explore new areas and find some nice places to ride for an average level mountain rider.

Thanks in advance

Dito....but only been here 6 years. I'm going to make it happen this year. But I said that last year too....and the year before that. Looking forward to hearing from the regulars where to ride down South.

From my expirience there its such a huge place with so many places and cool stuff that without riding with someone who knows the area makes it hard to get what Valdez has to offer.

Riding Thompson pass

A good place to start is Worthington Glacier. There is a pull out where you can park, then ride to the north-ish and play around on the flats. If you want more just follow the pipeline ROW. As always when in a new area use caution and learn your way around. Worthington area is safe but in the hills think avalanche and drop offs.

Premium Features

Back