• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The temporary bcr thread!

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

Any ride reports from anyone!!! Lost lake most likely this weekend, for sunshine, cold beer, and good company. Hopefully its not to windblown or tracked up like I was told yesterday.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Anything in the open is going to be horrible. Should be some good snow yet in the trees IF you can find somewhere that isn't all tracked up yet. Been way too long since we have had any new snow..

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Haha, it's just temporary, just like the seasons... Saw the biggest PLP in the other thread, did he post? LOL...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
This is the most action the AK section has seen in months. Now if it would just snow again.

it wont last long..as soon a the glitch at bcr is fixed ..i am sure most will move back to there for most things...and there is alot of ak peeps hanging at bcr...

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
And only half are chiming in on here at the moment...

My kids lasted about an hour outdoors today at -10*F, they enjoyed it.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
And only half are chiming in on here at the moment...

My kids lasted about an hour outdoors today at -10*F, they enjoyed it.

Good to see them getting out in it. I was actually surprised today to see a class of about 2nd graders walking down the street for a fieldtrip today at about -4. Too many parents these days won't ALLOW them to go out in it. Pretty sad.

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
it wont last long..as soon a the glitch at bcr is fixed ..i am sure most will move back to there for most things...and there is alot of ak peeps hanging at bcr...

Yep, that seems to be the norm for now. Its all good with me, I just like hanging with all the great ak peeps I've met both riding and online.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Good to see them getting out in it. I was actually surprised today to see a class of about 2nd graders walking down the street for a fieldtrip today at about -4. Too many parents these days won't ALLOW them to go out in it. Pretty sad.

i was out in it all day..got the call early this morning..another drunk woman ran over the post road gate on elmendorf(dang but that has to hurt)..so while we were waiting for authorization to go fix that..i went and hauled some stuff for the special olympics shindig this weekend....then went and cut up a badly mangled gate and replaced it with a temp gate to keep the entrance secure till we get a new one here...

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Yup, I grew up in the cold and have brought my oldest 2 out riding at -35*F, tough kids.

Premium Features